What's new

Coup attempt in Sudan

What a shit map and colour code.

But yeah, pretty much this.

The war is just starting so the grey areas are neutral at the moment. Over the days and weeks it will be decided which side they will pick. Sudan has many tribes and they can change loyalty.

Sisi threatens! And Hamidti apologizes and retracts: The Egyptian soldiers are safe and not detained, we treat them as brothers, and their pictures came out..

* This guy's militia was used by the US for a coup in Tchad in 2008..
** This guy controls most of the Sudanese gold mines.. (Gold represent 40% of Sudan exports!)..

Last edited:
When will such thing happen in Pak?
You can visit Sudan to explore such possibilities. After the exploration you can inform PTI's senior leadership so that they would be able to make such attempts. Even you can join and lead from the front. Azadi haasil karnee hay tum logon nay....yeh to bohat he practical proposal hay. :coffee:

I've been left behind when it comes to Sudanese politics. What's going on? Wasn't the guy in power,somebody who launched a coup himself a few years ago? Who's fighting now?
This is a long time coming.

Sudanese Military traditionally have a heavy hand on politics, and this coup is very largely related to the 2019 coup, in it the Military took power and then established a military transitional government, which give way to Transitional Civilian government headed by the Sudanese Armed Force.

Today coup is launched by RSF, against the reigning government, which is dictated by General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan.

There are two reasons for this coup, 1,) RSF wanted power, they were largely left out of Al-Burhan government since 2021, 2.) The transitional government were supposed to ended in 2022, which they don't because Al-Burhan cling on power since then.

There are minimal stuff that happened over the course but the main theme is like this.

So its a rebellion against military rule not a coup from what i understand. The Military did a coup 2 years ago and the current government is a military junta government right?
3 years ago, and yes, the current one is a military junta.

To All the brain dead Youthias:

Topic of the thread is Sudan not Pakistan.

It's a developing story and a very serious one at that.

So, let's keep this thread for updates about Sudan and take your butthurt comments to other regular Pakistani threads and whine there as much as you want.

Thank you.

This is a long time coming.

Sudanese Military traditionally have a heavy hand on politics, and this coup is very largely related to the 2019 coup, in it the Military took power and then established a military transitional government, which give way to Transitional Civilian government headed by the Sudanese Armed Force.

Today coup is launched by RSF, against the reigning government, which is dictated by General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan.

There are two reasons for this coup, 1,) RSF wanted power, they were largely left out of Al-Burhan government since 2021, 2.) The transitional government were supposed to ended in 2022, which they don't because Al-Burhan cling on power since then.

There are minimal stuff that happened over the course but the main theme is like this.

3 years ago, and yes, the current one is a military junta.

The RSF (Janjaweed) was the supporter of Omar Al Bashir government for decades but during 2019 coup they largely stayed quiet because the protesters were huge. This is them trying to make a come back. They want power in the new setup or its all out war. The Sudanese army wants to have one military and incorporate the Janjaweed in to the military.

Elections are not taking place possibly due to having 2 rival armed forces. Similar to having free and fair elections in Libya or Syria, I doubt opposition will be able to win in rival areas.

To All the brain dead Youthias:

Topic of the thread is Sudan not Pakistan.

It's a developing story and a very serious one at that.

So, let's keep this thread for updates about Sudan and take your butthurt comments to other regular Pakistani threads and whine there as much as you want.

Thank you.

Certainly annoying.

The RSF (Janjaweed) was the supporter of Omar Al Bashir government for decades but during 2019 coup they largely stayed quiet because the protesters were huge. This is them trying to make a come back. They want power in the new setup or its all out war. The Sudanese army wants to have one military and incorporate the Janjaweed in to the military.

Elections are not taking place possibly due to having 2 rival armed forces. Similar to having free and fair elections in Libya or Syria, I doubt opposition will be able to win in rival areas.

Certainly annoying.
Well, that's just another day in Africa.

2019 solved nothing, it literally just a change of government. People still protest after 2019 and even now, the problem is, the one side wants to be a dictator and the other side wants its power, I am surprise this wasn't boiled up in 2022 when the current government didn't want to talk to RSF and share power.

Well, that's just another day in Africa.

2019 solved nothing, it literally just a change of government. People still protest after 2019 and even now, the problem is, the one side wants to be a dictator and the other side wants its power, I am surprise this wasn't boiled up in 2022 when the current government didn't want to talk to RSF and share power.

Isn't RSF also part of the ruling coalition/government. The biggest issue is they have 2 rival forces, now obviously they both want a piece of cake. The best solution is to dissolve the Janjaweed militia and incorporate it in to the military and then military goes to the borders and free and fair elections take place.

Libya is in similar problem, they have 2 rival armies and noone is willing to give up power, Syria, Yemen is the same. You cannot have 2 or 3 different militaries inside one nation because they all will fight to keep their power and influence.

Isn't RSF also part of the ruling coalition/government. The biggest issue is they have 2 rival forces, now obviously they both want a piece of cake. The best solution is to dissolve the Janjaweed militia and incorporate it in to the military and then military goes to the borders and free and fair elections take place.

Libya is in similar problem, they have 2 rival armies and noone is willing to give up power, Syria, Yemen is the same. You cannot have 2 or 3 different militaries inside one nation because they all will fight to keep their power and influence.
Think they were cut after the transitional military government in 2021, they were promise an election sometime in 2022 when they were cut in 2021, but nothing come of it and they weren't really happy about that.

At least this is what I know, maybe something developed in between? I don't know.

Think they were cut after the transitional military government in 2021, they were promise an election sometime in 2022 when they were cut in 2021, but nothing come of it and they weren't really happy about that.

At least this is what I know, maybe something developed in between? I don't know.

Looks like a big mess is about to happen then. Janjaweed is a islamist minded militia, I dont believe they have a good history, they were Omar al Bashir Janjaweed militia, they fight in Yemen aswell.

Looks like a big mess is about to happen then. Janjaweed is a islamist minded militia, I dont believe they have a good history, they were Omar al Bashir Janjaweed militia, they fight in Yemen aswell.
I think they probably will get cut down by the government, unless they have other party support, which I very much doubt. Because those party would have known the government would take a big cut in their power just to put RSF down, and once they did, those other 3 or 4 party would be in a better position to negotiate with the government, or even take over themselves with another coup.

And yes, those RSF guys are hardcore Islamist extremist, IIRC some western cable describe them as much like ISIL, I mean people still remember they massacred 100 some people last time they do this in Khartoum back in 2019

I think they probably will get cut down by the government, unless they have other party support, which I very much doubt. Because those party would have known the government would take a big cut in their power just to put RSF down, and once they did, those other 3 or 4 party would be in a better position to negotiate with the government, or even take over themselves with another coup.

And yes, those RSF guys are hardcore Islamist extremist, IIRC some western cable describe them as much like ISIL, I mean people still remember they massacred 100 some people last time they do this in Khartoum back in 2019

By the government you mean the Sudanese military because Sudan doesn't really have a government. The government were talking about is appointed by the military, some appointed people are indepedent people who are not part of any political party so don't have any power. The real government is supposed to come after new elections.

RSF does have support from the banned National Congress Party, plus all the Islamist, Salafis and Muslim Brotherhood elements. They all form one block.

At the moment the biggest parties on paper are:
Democratic Unionist Party
National Umma Party
Popular Congress Party

We will see another big party forming instead of the banned National Congress Party so they can give a big voice to the extremists. They will certainly make a big come back, with funding from foreign well wishers.

By the government you mean the Sudanese military because Sudan doesn't really have a government. The government were talking about is appointed by the military, some appointed people are indepedent people who are not part of any political party so don't have any power. The real government is supposed to come after new elections.

RSF does have support from the banned National Congress Party, plus all the Islamist, Salafis and Muslim Brotherhood elements. They all form one block.

At the moment the biggest parties on paper are:
Democratic Unionist Party
National Umma Party
Popular Congress Party

We will see another big party forming instead of the banned National Congress Party so they can give a big voice to the extremists. They will certainly make a big come back, with funding from foreign well wishers.
The transitional government, yes, the one with the military leader as head of state.

And I don't know, I just don't think RSF enjoyed that much support, from the islamist or salafis, maybe, but the regular party is probably not going to be interested in those adventure, unless RSF themselves made a deal with those party, but then I would say it pretty much depends on what is the transitional government counter offer.

So yes,. the coming days will be interesting ahead, I mean if one of those parties declare their allegiance to RSF, then I think the Transitional Government is finished.,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom