What's new

Creation of Bangladesh: Pakistani and Bangladeshi perspective

rajk20002002

BANNED
Reaction score
India is often blamed for the creation of Bangladesh and people like Mujeeb are branded as Indian agents. However, was it totally an Indian effort or was it what people of Bangladesh wanted ? Or as Mr Munshi thinks, was it part of Indian strategy of Akhand Bharat?

RK

India is often blamed for the creation of Bangladesh and people like Mujeeb are branded as Indian agents. However, was it totally an Indian effort or was it what people of Bangladesh wanted ? Or as Mr Munshi thinks, was it part of Indian strategy of Akhand Bharat?

RK

I think there are a couple of topics related to that and have been discussed before. Anyway, it's a very controversial topic. Given the chance, all three sides would start taking jabs at each other and would fail to achieve any conclusion.

I think there are a couple of topics related to that and have been discussed before. Anyway, it's a very controversial topic. Given the chance, all three sides would start taking jabs at each other and would fail to achieve any conclusion.

I know. However, such discussions are important to get different perspectives. We Indians are made to think as if it was totally our creation. Most present day bad relations between India and Pakistan are the result of BD creation. It seems there are people even in BD who seem to think this way.

RK

I know. However, such discussions are important to get different perspectives. We Indians are made to think as if it was totally our creation. Most present day bad relations between India and Pakistan are the result of BD creation. It seems there are people even in BD who seem to think this way.

RK

Since the creation, it was pretty much India's aim to somehow cut off the east Pakistan with the west. Specially because of it's strategic location. India could not have afforded to fight wars in the future on three fronts (Including China). Therefore, they created and fueled the uprising and was able to achieve their aim. So yeah, India had a MAJOR role in the creation of Bangladesh. It's not a secret anyway. Everyone knows that. :/

Since the creation, it was pretty much India's aim to somehow cut off the east Pakistan with the west. Specially because of it's strategic location. India could not have afforded to fight wars in the future on three fronts (Including China). Therefore, they created and fueled the uprising and was able to achieve their aim. So yeah, India had a MAJOR role in the creation of Bangladesh. It's not a secret anyway. Everyone knows that. :/

Rite to the point. I don't think India were in love with people of east Pakistan to free it form west Pakistan. It was totally India's interest to break united Pakistan to make it weaker. Some how India accomplished it's goal.......

Rite to the point. I don't think India were in love with people of east Pakistan to free it form west Pakistan. It was totally India's interest to break united Pakistan to make it weaker. Some how India accomplished it's goal.......

Was it just one sided Indian effort ? How about the People in general ? Was there no popular mood to have BD ? How about 10 million people who ran away to India and were living in camps? Did these people leave because of fear for their lives or Indians pulled them ?

RK

RK

I know that a lot of Indians dream about Akhand Bharat, but why didn't India include Bangladesh into India when it "liberated" Bangladesh, why do so many Indians talk about Pakistan and India being one country and not Bangladesh and India, Bangladesh was also part of British India. I think that Bangladesh even would've agreed to be part of India in 1971 if it was asked by India, anyways Pakistan will never agree to be included in Akhand Bharat theory.

We Indians Accept that We Didnt Free Bangladesh out of Love For Bangladesh People Alone, Yes-the refugees were a problem, But It was done to Divide Pakistan. But I Believe, If the People of Bangladesh really wanted to Stay with Pakistan, they wouldnt Have Revolted, Not Matter whatever RAW or IB did!!!!!! Dont you also think so?

I Personally Believe that the Bangla People should not Have Revolted, and Should have Stayed on with Pakistan, and tried to Address their problems differently than through arms. I feel Some Bangladeshi Members on this Forum, Would have liked to stay on with Pakistan because they admire Pakistan, as a Nuclear power! Isnt it so???

India Will never try to Integrate Bangladesh Or Pakistan Into what is now India, Because FRANKLY, there is nothing worthwhile in these Nations, I mean Like OIL, Or a Developed Industrial Base or other Economic Incentives. India would have Collapsed If It tried to Integrate Bangladesh in 71, We couldnt handle the Influx of Refugees, Do you think we could have Handled a Whole New Country?????

Given a Chance, Would the People of BD like to get back together with Pakistan?? A Honest Question. Answer in a Mature Way Please.

Dont Bring in War Crimes in 71 Because I personally Believe it was a TWO WAY ROAD. West Pakistanis were also Killed in BD and The People of BD were also Murdered By the W Pakistani Army. So Its sort of lame discussing it here. God Speed.

We Indians Accept that We Didnt Free Bangladesh out of Love For Bangladesh People Alone, Yes-the refugees were a problem, But It was done to Divide Pakistan. But I Believe, If the People of Bangladesh really wanted to Stay with Pakistan, they wouldnt Have Revolted, Not Matter whatever RAW or IB did!!!!!! Dont you also think so?

I Personally Believe that the Bangla People should not Have Revolted, and Should have Stayed on with Pakistan, and tried to Address their problems differently than through arms. I feel Some Bangladeshi Members on this Forum, Would have liked to stay on with Pakistan because they admire Pakistan, as a Nuclear power! Isnt it so???

India Will never try to Integrate Bangladesh Or Pakistan Into what is now India, Because FRANKLY, there is nothing worthwhile in these Nations, I mean Like OIL, Or a Developed Industrial Base or other Economic Incentives. India would have Collapsed If It tried to Integrate Bangladesh in 71, We couldnt handle the Influx of Refugees, Do you think we could have Handled a Whole New Country?????

Given a Chance, Would the People of BD like to get back together with Pakistan?? A Honest Question. Answer in a Mature Way Please.

Dont Bring in War Crimes in 71 Because I personally Believe it was a TWO WAY ROAD. West Pakistanis were also Killed in BD and The People of BD were also Murdered By the W Pakistani Army. So Its sort of lame discussing it here. God Speed.

There were lot of reasons for BD people to revolt.I will not go further because it has been discussed extensively and will only lengthen the thread.But no one will come to conclusion.

There should not have been operation Searchlight.We did not take arms first but Pakistan Army did.But again lets not go into details.

No,BD people would not want to reunite with Pakistan.May be a few people on both the countries would want.We are better off alone.And this is best for both the countries.:agree:

India had plans to keep their army in BD for a longer time,and this was confessed by an Indian prime minister later on.I forgot his name.

About resources,Bangladesh can produce food for itself and also for West Bengal if taken care well.Two states self sufficient in food is more than any leader would have wanted.Moreover we have reserves of gas and high possibility of large reserve of oil in the Bay of Bengal.:yahoo:

If India were given the chance to control BD,they would have.It is natural.

Anti-India sentiment grew in Bangladesh for reasons like RAW's involvement with CHT insurgengts,Farrakka Barrage,BSF killings.This is my personal observation.

RK

I don't think Mujib was an Indian agent.I know many fellow Bangladeshis think that way.Mujib was just the perfect leader to lead during freedom struggle but was miserable when it came to ruling the country.

The following actions did anger India,and certainly shows he was not an Indian agent.

Although the state was committed to secularism, Mujib soon began moving closer to political Islam through state policies as well as personal conduct. He revived the Islamic Academy (which had been banned in 1972 for suspected collusion with Pakistani forces) and banned the production and sale of alcohol and banned the practice of gambling, which had been one of the major demands of Islamic groups. Mujib sought Bangladesh's membership in the Organization of the Islamic Conference and the Islamic Development Bank and made a significant trip to Lahore in 1974 to attend the OIC summit, which helped repair relations with Pakistan to an extent. In his public appearances and speeches, Mujib made increased usage of Islamic greetings, slogans and references to Islamic ideologies. In his final years, Mujib largely abandoned his trademark "Joy Bangla" salutation for "Khuda Hafez" preferred by religious Muslims.

A few years back I read an article which even claimed RAW might be involved in his killing,"conspiracy theory".:agree:

I don't think Mujib was an Indian agent.I know many fellow Bangladeshis think that way.Mujib was just the perfect leader to lead during freedom struggle but was miserable when it came to ruling the country.

The following actions did anger India,and certainly shows he was not an Indian agent.

A few years back I read an article which even claimed RAW might be involved in his killing,"conspiracy theory".:agree:
There is no Dearth Of Conspiracy theories My friend. To be frank, What Ever I said on top was out of frustration! Frustration at the level of hate being spewed against India. You are my First Friend here on this Forum, I wish all were like you, sensible and not gullible to conspiracy theories and the lochness monster!

There were lot of reasons for BD people to revolt.I will not go further because it has been discussed extensively and will only lengthen the thread.But no one will come to conclusion.

There should not have been operation Searchlight.We did not take arms first but Pakistan Army did.But again lets not go into details.

No,BD people would not want to reunite with Pakistan.May be a few people on both the countries would want.We are better off alone.And this is best for both the countries.:agree:

India had plans to keep their army in BD for a longer time,and this was confessed by an Indian prime minister later on.I forgot his name.

About resources,Bangladesh can produce food for itself and also for West Bengal if taken care well.Two states self sufficient in food is more than any leader would have wanted.Moreover we have reserves of gas and high possibility of large reserve of oil in the Bay of Bengal.:yahoo:

If India were given the chance to control BD,they would have.It is natural.

Anti-India sentiment grew in Bangladesh for reasons like RAW's involvement with CHT insurgengts,Farrakka Barrage,BSF killings.This is my personal observation.
Yes India would love to control BD, which country wouldnt love to use another for its profit?? As for Natural Resources I meant in huge amount like Iraq or Kuwait. As for Food, I firmy believe the world produces so much food that can be fed to each one of us. Its the Cunning Profiteers who make others go hungry in todays world.

Back
Top Bottom