What's new

Crucial Indian Cruise Missile Tests In A Year.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilitie...ups/public/documents/content/cms01_055809.pdf

Look on page 2 under Threat Coverage.

As for high heat signature, it was on a STRATFOR page which is now password protected, unfortunately.
Google 'brahmos friction heat signature'

We know dude it has heat signature and can be detected...
But it evades....

For example take : SUbmarine launched brahmos...
it will be launched against a ship from 100Km,so it take 2 minutes to destroy the ship..
then will u detect and launch 5-10 interceptors.... in 2 minutes???
Even by the grace of god,brahos is destroyed:-)lol:),submarine will launch another one,then also u will launch another 5 interceptors????

leave it bro !i even provided the link where in sept 10 ,last year bramos most creates world record to be the 1st supersonic cruise missile which dive and do large manuver...

That's precisely the point. It does large manoeuvers, not sharp manoeuvers.

First of all the scud was a ballistic missile. They are much more difficult to intercept. Cruise missiles are like pilotless planes.

I know. My point was simply that defensive positions typically employ many interceptors for each attacker.

And I know the IAF is working majorly towards developing network centric warfare. Do you have links on such a pakistani progeramme? Thanks in advance

I read here on some thread about it, but don't know the details. Sorry.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilitie...ups/public/documents/content/cms01_055809.pdf

As for high heat signature, it was on a STRATFOR page which is now password protected, unfortunately.

It's very easy to TALK..... For example,

HOW TO MAKE STEALTH FIGHTER.....

* Make fuselage sach that it dont reflect redar signel to it's sorce.
* Use RAM extensivly.
* Use AESA radar.
* Use Big JET engines
* Provide net centric Warfare capability.

And We have F-22 and PAKFA killer !!!!!:cheesy:

first get any capable intersect Missile, which is capable to intersect Sea skimming Mach 2.8 missile and then TALK.......

Of course it can change trajectory. I only said that it cannot make sharp manoeuvers due to its huge forward momemtum.
Even its famous dive will occur over a large distance in a relatively flattened curve. That's just physics.

I said BrahMos can be intercepted; I didn't say Pakistan has the interceptor technology.
But you can bet China is working on it.

US satellites can detect a house fire from space. The technology is there although, I admit, Pakistan may not have it.

So ur saying Brahmos has IR signature that of A house on Fire....

Lets talk further when Pakistan gets the interceptor,until then its invincible in these region

US satellites can detect a house fire from space. The technology is there although, I admit, Pakistan may not have it.

lol House on fire? US? Why you talking about of something you don't have?? Brahmos is not static or house on fire, its moving at high speed and highly maneuverable. ESSM don't have IR guidance as far as I know. And Brahmos made considerable upgrades in last two years like S-curve maneuvers, steep dive mode. ESSM can't engage Brahmos Block II or Brahmos Block III+ for sure.

"Block III version of BrahMos with advanced guidance and upgraded software, incorporating high manoeuvres at multiple points and steep dive from high altitude was flight tested successfully from Launch Complex III of ITR," its Director S P Dash said after the test fire from a mobile launcher at 1100 hours.

Upgraded BrahMos cruise missile successfully test-fired - The Times of India

By the time they able to intercept Mach 2.8 Brahmos I, India will get Mach 7 Brahmos II.

Of course it can change trajectory. I only said that it cannot make sharp manoeuvers due to its huge forward momemtum.
I said BrahMos can be intercepted; I didn't say Pakistan has the interceptor technology.

1st of all it seems you feeling inferiorty complex that's why you bringing China .. :sick:

2nd !!you said it cant make sharp turn but it can
BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile - Army Technology

do you have anylink to prove us wrong ??

Read this a newspaper quote:-
A scientist, who witnessed the test,
said the advanced version of BrahMos Block-II was test fired this time. "The
missile flew in the designated complex
trajectory including large manoeuvres
and steep dive. This is the first time that a supersonic dive has been
realised by a cruise missile," he said.

It is being built to counter the brahmos doesn't imply it can counter the brahmos. Especially considering multiple missiles will be fired per target. Remember the patriot allowed a lowly scud to pass through.
Again such a system requires an advanced missile like the sea sparrow. Agreed. but it also requires very extensive radar coverage in the form of aegis early warning systems and aerostats. Pakistan does not possess anything close to the advance aegis system my friend.

You can never rely on the same ships radar for interception my friend.
Look at this. Horizon calculator - radar and visual
Now if you insert the appropriate values. (missile height 10m, radar mast height 25m)
You have approximately a 30km radar horizon.
Which means the time difference between you first seeing the brahmos and you dying is 25 seconds. Hardly enough unless you have multiple radars working in tandem.
In such a scenario AWACS would be brilliant. (radar height 10000m). It will give you very very large response time. But again.. This option is not always feasible. And I'm not sure if pakistani ship defences are co-ordinated with airborne early warning systems too or not.

lol House on fire? US? Why you talking about of something you don't have?? Brahmos is not static or house on fire, its moving at high speed and highly maneuverable. ESSM don't have IR guidance as far as I know. And Brahmos made considerable upgrades in last two years like S-curve maneuvers, steep dive mode. ESSM can't engage Brahmos Block II or Brahmos Block III+ for sure.

"Block III version of BrahMos with advanced guidance and upgraded software, incorporating high manoeuvres at multiple points and steep dive from high altitude was flight tested successfully from Launch Complex III of ITR," its Director S P Dash said after the test fire from a mobile launcher at 1100 hours.

Upgraded BrahMos cruise missile successfully test-fired - The Times of India

By the time they able to intercept Mach 2.8 Brahmos I, India will get Mach 7 Brahmos II.

Kinectic!ji when US satellite couldn't detect Pokran 1998 ,how they going to detect brahmos Cruise missile ?? :lol: :haha:

Several points:

- I didn't bring China because of inferiority complex but to make the point that Pakistan may be able to get access to interceptor technology. If Russia/India have the BrahMos, you can bet China is working on interceptor technology. Especially since the US claims the ESSM can do the job.

- All the BrahMos diving and manoeuvering would happen early on. It is irrelevant during the terminal stage, where interception would likely happen. The BrahMos prides itself on its huge kinetic energy punch (32x Tomahawk) so it's not going to be doing anything that detracts from the final KE punch during its terminal stage. It can't anyway because of its huge forward momentum by that time. The BrahMos will be coming in straight as an arrow, which makes the interceptor's job that much easier. Especially since the interceptor is passive and the BrahMos never knows about it.

- yes AWACS would help , but even 25 seconds is an eternity. We are talking about electronic response times, not manual firing.

Several points:

- I didn't bring China because of inferiority complex but to make the point that Pakistan may be able to get access to interceptor technology. If Russia/India have the BrahMos, you can bet China is working on interceptor technology. Especially since the US claims the ESSM can do the job.

- All the BrahMos diving and manoeuvering would happen early on. It is irrelevant during the terminal stage, where interception would likely happen. The BrahMos prides itself on its huge kinetic energy punch (32x Tomahawk) so it's not going to be doing anything that detracts from the final KE punch during its terminal stage. It can't anyway because of its huge forward momentum by that time. The BrahMos will be coming in straight as an arrow, which makes the interceptor's job that much easier. Especially since the interceptor is passive and the BrahMos never knows about it.

- yes AWACS would help , but even 25 seconds is an eternity. We are talking about electronic response times, not manual firing.

No my friend. In pakistans case you are talking about manual response time. Pakistan dies not possess an aegis type automatic defence system

Isnt this what India needs ?? And it is not 'may'...it is 'does'.

Several points:

I will not disagree with what you say but Gambit had explained this situation by bringing in the concept of Radar Horizon.

Its not impossible to intercept Brahmos, depends on several parameters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom