What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Some Type 002 stats, the flight deck is 320.8 meters long and 84 meters, and the full displacement around 86,000 tonnes.

3 steam catapults with 2 on the bow and 1 on the angled flight deck.

@cirr

I agree with the US comparison, but Japan has no modern carrier operating experience as well.

To compare the WWII carrier and the modern carrier is like apple to orange, the WWII carriers even took the aircrafts with the wooden structure. Those WWII Japanese supercarrier crews were long dead, and Japan currently has no continuation of the modern carrier.

When will construction start?

Now that 001A construction is nearly completion, radar and sensor testings will soon begin at the Wuhan testing centre for 002.

The mock 001A is now being modified to 002 configuration. No more ski ramp.

QQͼƬ20160730113304.png

My projection:

001 Liaoning - for training and stand-by backup for other carriers' routine repair and maintenance
002 - 50K-ton, ski-jump, diesel, SCS

Next 6 years after launching of 002
003 - 60K - 80K tons - emals, nuclear - east sea and/or scs
005 - 60K - 80K tons - emals, nuclear - east sea and/or scs

Next 6 years after launching of 005
006 - 100K tons - emals, nuclear - scs and/or east pacific
007 - 100K tons - emals, nuclear - scs and/or east pacific

Next 6 years
Liaoning retires
008 - 100K tons - emals, nuclear, pan Asia/ global
009 - 100k tons - emals, nuclear, global

images

I think 001A is a 60-70K tonnes class carrier, the 50K tonnes is maybe empty displacement. Full displacement should be around 60+K tonnes, same as 001.

OTH, Kiev class are around 40+K full displacement. 002 should be around 80+K tonnes.

I think 001A is a 60-70K tonnes class carrier, the 50K tonnes is maybe empty displacement. Full displacement should be around 60+K tonnes, same as 001.

OTH, Kiev class are around 40+K full displacement. 002 should be around 80+K tonnes.

The Type 002 is just slightly smaller than the Kitty Hawk class, while the Type 003 could be even bigger than the Gerald Ford class.

Type 002 should be nuclear-powered, EMALS, and 100,000 tons.

China should not make outdated aircraft carriers.

Our nuclear plant isn't ready yet, we need to design a superior reactor which is better than anything the US currently has, and it will be based on the technology of the 4th nuclear reactor.

The design of the Type 002 is already finalized, so we don't have the time to alter it with the EMALS.

Last edited:
Self delete - not really relevant content.

Last edited:
Our nuclear plant isn't ready yet, we need to design a superior reactor which is better than anything the US currently has, and it will be based on the technology of the 4th nuclear reactor.

The design of the Type 002 is already finalized, so we don't have the time to alter it with the EMALS.

What will be the specs of the Type 002?

What will be the specs of the Type 002?

The full displacement is around 80,000 tonnes with 3 steam catapults; 2 on the bow and 1 on the angled flight deck.

Two ships of this class will be built; one in Shanghai, another one in Dalian.

Not just the catapult, but the Type 002 is a good practice for building the structure of the next even more complicated supercarrier such as the Type 003.

The full displacement is around 80,000 tonnes with 3 steam catapults; 2 on the bow and 1 on the angled flight deck.

Two ships of this class will be built; one in Shanghai, another one in Dalian.

Not just the catapult, but the Type 002 is a good practice for building the structure of the next even more complicated supercarrier such as the Type 003.

All these are just speculative new, I will wait for official announcement. Personally I don't think China is in the rush to build 002A when that the catapult and related aircrafts are still in experimental phase especially the carrier AWACS. Unless we want to make 002A as experiemental ship as Liaoning.

Where do these "002A" and "003A" come from ?

I'm "happy" to see that imagination of human being has no limit...

Henri K.

An accurate word translator, Chinese military forums/news otulets and a proficient grasp at the Chinese language are what u need to find out.

Back
Top Bottom