What's new

Dalai Lama: ‘I Am a Son of India’

Political Animal, eh? He's the leader of the Tibetan people, or at least those who haven't been Redwashed, Han-ized and made to Parade as examples of the CCP's munificence towards Tibetan people.

You do know that he in no way supports Independence for Tibet, just an easing of religious and cultural freedom. He realizes that Tibet was/is desperately medieval, and that China has definitely done a lot of good. I really don't know why Chinese hate him so much. You guys know that Tibet is not Kashmir, not disputed. China is sitting pretty and doing pretty much what the f*** it wants there. China has too much money and power for any country to seriously take up Tibet's case. Tibet is finished, culturally and spiritually- it's just a tourist/trinket pitstop now.

Gloat and preen all you want. History will not remember this event kindly, and perhaps five generations later Chinese will wish they had done things differently.

But on the bright side, Tibetans driven out of China have spread goodwill, happiness and wisdom. China's loss is the world's gain. You've gained land, sure, but lost much much more. You won't see this now. It will take time.

Touch a nerve?

and you're right Tibet is finished.

Yep the PLA was nice enough to hand it back to you after they took it in 1962.

Never thought you'd come up with this. Not becaus you're a friendly person but you seem to know the history. ;)

Political Animal, eh? He's the leader of the Tibetan people, or at least those who haven't been Redwashed, Han-ized and made to Parade as examples of the CCP's munificence towards Tibetan people.

You do know that he in no way supports Independence for Tibet, just an easing of religious and cultural freedom. He realizes that Tibet was/is desperately medieval, and that China has definitely done a lot of good. I really don't know why Chinese hate him so much. You guys know that Tibet is not Kashmir, not disputed. China is sitting pretty and doing pretty much what the f*** it wants there. China has too much money and power for any country to seriously take up Tibet's case. Tibet is finished, culturally and spiritually- it's just a tourist/trinket pitstop now.

Gloat and preen all you want. History will not remember this event kindly, and perhaps five generations later Chinese will wish they had done things differently.

But on the bright side, Tibetans driven out of China have spread goodwill, happiness and wisdom. China's loss is the world's gain. You've gained land, sure, but lost much much more. You won't see this now. It will take time.

I agree. If there's one religious leader I like/respect, that would be Dalai Lama. He is the only one who seems to care about his people.

And he has a cool sense of humour as well!

Funny now Chinese come up with the theory that PLA withdrawal was because of some kinda benevolence. When it was a known fact that they didn't have any supply line or logistics and IA was deploying fresh troops from North-west. PLA would have literally butchered had they tried to defend the undefendable.

The faster Tibet turns into Shangri La Disney land the happier I'll be. If I had any sympathy for Tibet before, you're moralizing and conniving has seen to it.

The faster Tibet turns into Shangri La Disney land the happier I'll be. If I had any sympathy for Tibet before, you're moralizing and conniving has seen to it.

Yeah, I can tell you'd think that. That is usually the case with those who flee the sh** their home country gives them, enjoy the fruits of freedom in a foreign land and, then become Remote Internet Patriots. Nothing surprising.

Yeah, I can tell you'd think that. That is usually the case with those who flee the sh** their home country gives them, enjoy the fruits of freedom in a foreign land and, then become Remote Internet Patriots. Nothing surprising.

oh the irony.

You know how I know when someone is squirming and at a loss for words? When they start ranting, get personal and abusive without provocation.

Post reported.

You know how I know when someone is squirming and at a loss for words? When they start ranting, get personal and abusive without provocation.

Post reported.

Most of them would come up with typical ad hominem attacks, some are so arrogant that they seem to be royals of Monaco not ordinary people of a developing world, some are incomprehensible, rest are trolls and autobots.

But some guys are also there who talk sense.

But then again, I guess it's the same story with every country.

Funny now Chinese come up with the theory that PLA withdrawal was because of some kinda benevolence. When it was a known fact that they didn't have any supply line or logistics and IA was deploying fresh troops from North-west. PLA would have literally butchered had they tried to defend the undefendable.

Hmmm you might want to ask Mr. Joe Shearer on the subject, when he returns. He is much better read about that period of history.

CardSharp said:
Hmmm you might want to ask Mr. Joe Shearer on the subject, when he returns. He is much better read about that period of history.

I've seen that thread, however you ignored the response of an Indian military professional (deltacamelately).

This topic has been discussed in other fora by military personnel of different nationalities, conclusion: Chinese kept Aksai Chin because they could. They withdrew from Arunachal due to collapse of supply lines. There was no gesture of 'good will'

I've seen that thread, however you ignored the response of an Indian military professional (deltacamelately).

This topic has been discussed in other fora by military personnel of different nationalities, conclusion: Chinese kept Aksai Chin because they could. They withdrew from Arunachal due to collapse of supply lines. There was no gesture of 'good will'

Sorry I don't remember deltacamelately and I'm sure it wasn't a deliberate snub. ps What thread?

Also if there was a consensus already who am I to argue?

Back
Top Bottom