What's new

Dancing in presence of PM Gillani

When they were banned, was that a sign of Talibanisation of India?

To be frank they were never banned. And the ban has not been removed yet.

When Gujarat is a dry state meaning lots of people have to drink bootlegged liquor and die, is that a sign of Talibanisation?

The people who died were poor and they could not afford English Liquor. And I Think the English Liquor in Gujarat is cheaper than Mumbai.

so you don't celebrate b'days?you've never gone to a party?
haven't you ever danced with a beautiful girl in a ball?
it's sad if you havn't.

May your god bless you.
How are you? I myself don't celebrate birthdays, but my family does, and I don't have any objection to that.
I ussually go to birthday parties, friends' gatherings, and Valimah(reception) parties. I am actually an outgoing person. My favourite past-time is to go for a long drive with my friends.
No I haven't danced with a girl, there is no need for joys that are against my beliefs.
And thanks for your kind emotions, but please don't be sad for me, I am leading a healthy and happy life. Thanks to Allah.
My message to posters from India or any other poster who thinks I am an Islamic extremist, is before posting please for once read the holy Quran with meaning, and they will understand what I am trying to say.
Salam/Regards.

after seeing replies from many educated members here led me to belief that soon Pakistan will have upsurge in mild talibinisation in mind set of people.
extremism will be on rise and intolerance in the society will increase.

they are on the path of Saudi Arabia instead turkey. it wont be good in the future for common people.

A PM also deserves a good time after day of hard work. i don't prescribe 24 hour mourning for refugee problem instead do something for them for that given day and deserves rest of time for him.

well path of SAUDI ARABIA is incorrect for sure!! but then TURKEY has lost its identity...!!

see you don't understand one thing rajkumar....the ADVANCED world has ADVANCED because of their TECHNOLOGY not because of their religion or culture!!

dancing is ISLAMICALLY WRONG period....however culturally it is acceptable...so we don't have a problem with DANCING but we do have a problem with PM watching a dance while like i said ROME BURNS!!(referring to nero here)

now in india dancing is not such a big issue but if the PRIME MINISTER watched a dance program in december 2008 right after the MUMBAI carnage!!! THEN i would have asked you my friend what you thought of it!!!

To be frank they were never banned. And the ban has not been removed yet.

You're confusing me. If they were never banned, how come the ban has not been romoved?

The people who died were poor and they could not afford English Liquor. And I Think the English Liquor in Gujarat is cheaper than Mumbai.

The issue is not about bootleg liquor, but the fact that Gujarat is a dry State, that bans alcohol.

My question was regarding these bans, that do these bans make the Bharatia State a Talibanised State?

If no, then RajKumar has no right to accuse us of being Talibanised. Talibanisation in Pakistan is a minority occurence, just as Thackerisation in Bharat is.

Oh come on guyz, what are talking about now?

Listen, By Qur'anic Law, we should lower our gaze when the women is acrossing, so this is best for you and there are many verse revealed for Womens to keep their modesty. In other words The Qur'an has told how to respect womens. These dancing/Mujra's that are considered third class in our culture is not good for the Prime Minister to participate. When there is a ordinary man in the town who is scared of being caught watching the Mujra, How can our PM watch it live on the tv?

Somebody said its part of our culture, no its part of Hindu's culture but not OUR culture.

Now when you are in Islamic Republic of Pakistan that was made in the Name of Kalima. You must follow at least some part of your religion to be called as a Proper Muslim.

Now Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani is not an ordinary man but representing the entire Muslim Nation he should be among the best from our Nation. Now if the Prime Minister is going against the Qur'anic Law in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan what else would you expect from others?.

I wouldn't mind if an ordinary person is watching the Mujra type dance but the Prime Minister should be among the best. Have you ever seen Indian, Israeli, French, British or American president watching the Dance in Public?.

No It does not suit to the post of the Prime Minister and PM should refrain doing this in future. Nobody from any country of the World watch dance publicaly no matter if he is Mulim, Hindu, Christian or Jew.

so you don't celebrate b'days?you've never gone to a party?
haven't you ever danced with a beautiful girl in a ball?
it's sad if you havn't.
Yes, I do celebrate birthdays of my sons, by cutting a cake, and giving them toys. At the same time, making sadqa (charity) and remembering those who are less fortunate than I am. Alhamdulillah, sadqa is the major part of all my celebrations. Now you asked about party? No dear, I do not attend parties except for those where my presence is 'required' such as official functions. Dancing with girls? Alhamdulillah, Allah has kept me safe from this and has blessed me with a very fine wife. I fully enjoy my life within the limits set by Allah and his Rasool (PBUH) for me.

Did you say the same thing about Bharat, when the dancing bar girls of Mumbai were banned, when the likes of Bal Thackeray and his Shiv Sena attack women drinkers, or couples buying Valentine's day flowers.

Even extremists have never attacked Valentines' Day card/flower/teddy sellers in Pakistani towns/cities.

It's easy to make such statements and accuse others, but more difficult to think if the same accusations can be levelled upon ones self.

Speck.Eye.Log.

are you comparing the bar girls and dance happening in that posted video. have you ever been to any dance bar in mumbai. bar dance happens in night among drunkards but other one was on the social function.

as far as thakrey's force is concerned, it constitutes undereducated youth who are non productive for society. they just get paid for "narey bazi" because they are too lazy to do any respectable work. if they were not in shiv sena they would have been criminals in city. any sane and educated person always condemns the act of shiv sena in india as you have seen in the election results.
i was talking about people on this forum who are educated and good in their respective fields but their views are getting radicalized day by day.

Mr. X

Darkstar says:

...islam doesn't condemn dance...where did you get this from?

In fact, the Prophet Muhammad watched the dance of the Abyssinians in Madinah, and even picked up his wife Ayesha, so that she could see the dance from a higher vantage point herself. This is mentioned in Sahih al Bukhari. Other occurunces are also mentioned in books of HAdeeth and Tareekh/Sirah.

Last week I even saw a picture of the Taliban dancing during one of their training sessions.

Dancing is not banned, or Haram in Islam

Is Darkstar whistling Dixie?

May your god bless you.
How are you? I myself don't celebrate birthdays, but my family does, and I don't have any objection to that.
I ussually go to birthday parties, friends' gatherings, and Valimah(reception) parties. I am actually an outgoing person. My favourite past-time is to go for a long drive with my friends.
No I haven't danced with a girl, there is no need for joys that are against my beliefs.
And thanks for your kind emotions, but please don't be sad for me, I am leading a healthy and happy life. Thanks to Allah.
My message to posters from India or any other poster who thinks I am an Islamic extremist, is before posting please for once read the holy Quran with meaning, and they will understand what I am trying to say.
Salam/Regards.

I don't know how reading the Qur'aan would help in this regard, since there is no mention of banning of dances in the Qur'aan. Even the hurmah of music is debated among muslim scholars of the past and the present, with the major evidence given by those forbidding it is an Athar, the Saying of a Companion of the Prophet (saw).

The use of some musical instruments, such as the Duff (urdu daffli), and the singing of poetry at marriage ceremonies and other times of joy, are recorded in Hadeeth literature, including The Saheeh Compilations of Bukhari and Muslim.

Things are not sometimes as black and white as we are led to believe.

spurdozer...islam doesn't condemn dance...where did you get this from?

In fact, the Prophet Muhammad watched the dance of the Abyssinians in Madinah, and even picked up his wife Ayesha, so that she could see the dance from a higher vantage point herself. This is mentioned in Sahih al Bukhari. Other occurunces are also mentioned in books of HAdeeth and Tareekh/Sirah.

Last week I even saw a picture of the Taliban dancing during one of their training sessions.

Dancing is not banned, or Haram in Islam. However, immodest dressing and seduction of others is, whether in the form of a dance or not.

Assalam-o-Alaikum.
Pardon me. I accept. I never meant that dance is haram in Islam. I don't know the real word but slow dance is acceptable in Islam as long as it is not vulgar. Although I beg to differ from the riwayah you quoted here sir. It was not dance actually, it was circus. Hazrat Ayesha asked Prophet Muhammad that she wanted to see the acrobatics being performed and our kind Prophet (P.B.U.H) accepted.
But I do understand what you are trying to say. When Holy Prophet (PBUH) migrated from Makkah to Madinah, some girls came running towards the Prophet and started singing songs.
Thanks for correcting me.
Salam.

Mr. X

Darkstar says:

...islam doesn't condemn dance...where did you get this from?

Dancing is not banned, or Haram in Islam

Is Darkstar whistling Dixie?

Fair enough, i would like to ask for a reference please?

I want the exact reference from the book with exact Hadees Number. I will leave my comments afterwards..... and also i am pretty sure if this thing ever took place it has to be the male only.

oh come on let me tell u something in very brief now,

It is okk to dance if there are no females in Males party i mean if all the males are dancing in the party without the presenceof female, same is for females, they can dance without the presence of male. But it is highly unlikely going to happen, dancing in itself is nothing but when both male and female dancing together, it is not good to maitain modesty. When Female dances all their private parts are visible and it is directly agains the verse in Surah Noor.

First you give me the quoted Hadeeth and then i will try to explain a bit about Dance in very short words and mind you, I am not a scholar but a normal person like you so nothing CONFIRMED but i will try to share my understandings on this issue

I don't know how reading the Qur'aan would help in this regard, since there is no mention of banning of dances in the Qur'aan. Even the hurmah of music is debated among muslim scholars of the past and the present, with the major evidence given by those forbidding it is an Athar, the Saying of a Companion of the Prophet (saw).

The use of some musical instruments, such as the Duff (urdu daffli), and the singing of poetry at marriage ceremonies and other times of joy, are recorded in Hadeeth literature, including The Saheeh Compilations of Bukhari and Muslim.

Things are not sometimes as black and white as we are led to believe.
No, banning of dances and music is not in Quran, but in Sura Nisa, it is clearly instructed how men and women should behave. In the light of those instructions, it is not possible that Mujras are allowed in Islam. Muslim men are instructed to lower their gaze and women to cover themselves up well, how a man can watch mujra while lowering his gaze and how a female can dance while covering herself up? Similarly, there is a huge differences between interacting with women of your family who are your relatives and women who are not your from your family. It is not possible to see (at least I think) your female cousin dancing with the same eye you will watch a belly dancer or a whore.

ohhhh i am noticing so many peoples are confused about Dancing, Singing, Poetry and other issues. Its not as complicated as we think and all of them are allowed at some extent but we have to understand the boundary limit. Please do not mis-interperate with the narations and i would better recommend to close this thread for good. So there is not any religious debates here that lead us to fight

sorry for going off topic; but how many of you here, trade in stock market?

Fair enough, i would like to ask for a reference please?

I want the exact reference from the book with exact Hadees Number. I will leave my comments afterwards..... and also i am pretty sure if this thing ever took place it has to be the male only.

oh come on let me tell u something in very brief now,

It is okk to dance if there are no females in Males party i mean if all the males are dancing in the party without the presenceof female, same is for females, they can dance without the presence of male. But it is highly unlikely going to happen, dancing in itself is nothing but when both male and female dancing together, it is not good to maitain modesty. When Female dances all their private parts are visible and it is directly agains the verse in Surah Noor.

First you give me the quoted Hadeeth and then i will try to explain a bit about Dance in very short words and mind you, I am not a scholar but a normal person like you so nothing CONFIRMED but i will try to share my understandings on this issue

I don't know which society you have been living in, but many marriage functions in Pakistan are segregated for this exact reason. Especially the Mehndi function, usually has close relatives and friends, where women dance in front of women, with the occasional spill over. This is a chance for purdah daar women to also take off their veils, as they are surrounded only by other women.

I have seen(not literally) the same with many ARab families here in Belgium, where the women have a seperate dance function, to which the male members are not invite.d.

Our mehndis are nothing at all like the sangeet parties held in Bharat, where almost all the guests are encouraged to dance together.

Back
Top Bottom