What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Delicious. Rest are perfunctory.

If India wants it's own custom weapons loadout then why spend so much on weapons package
No evidence of a heavy weapons package so far, except Meteor.
With 500 Mica already ordered for M2000 You have some time to complete or add your own AtoA missile.
SCALP ? AASM ? maybe, maybe not.

& special mention to @Abingdonboy
Aaj-khush-to-bahut-hoge-tum-1024x5031.jpg

I'm surprised Mr Hollande doesn't want to take the publicity for himself and isn't making the trip over to India personally especially in an election year. @Taygibay @Vergennes @Picdelamirand-oil @BON PLAN
Is it the GtoG agreement or the formal commercial agreement that will be inked?
In the first case, Le Drian is enough, because the real things may take some more time.
In the second case.... It's surprising.

So I think it's not the real end of this saga.

In the first case, Le Drian is enough, because the real things may take some more time.

IAF Is Like Bengal Tiger Once They get Essense of Blood They hunt :D

IGA and contract will be signed on the same day.

I am expecting a similar photo
French-President-Francois-Hollande.jpg

How long they can say whats illogical and in a way a view which does not have any support from IAF and IN.
Look into future , we will have soon 2 more IAC1 type carriers and IAC2 type also 2 carriers. Who will be able to field so many aircrafts unless there is a simple Make In India medium category fighter eventually to be replaced by indigenous 5th gen Medium class aircraft.

Coupled with minimum 10+ squadron of IAF. We are looking at humongous opportunity. Its a loss for India and France if they cannot leverage this opportunity by making Rafale affordable and use this opportunity to build a even stronger India France relationship.

@Abingdonboy - go read ajai shukla tweets. Here are his gem

View attachment 334680

View attachment 334683

The man even started a hashtag in frustration

View attachment 334685

View attachment 334686

Completely forgetting he advocated time and again Saab Gripen and F35

look at shiv aroor, all the time Saab Gripen

Vishnu Som bcz he did nt get a Rafale backseat ride, always pushing for any fighter except rafale

TOI/ET always breaking F16/F18 news.

yet today all except few are back in line saying good things bcz it was always the prime deal. teh question was only about time of execution. Every logic is known. Soon more things will be known when MII part will come out.

I wish people can actually understand how another 36 jets can easily be accommodated in the same infra and basic packages and future acquisitions will be even less costly as we keep expanding the bases and use MII Rafales.
Shukla is a basic radar hater eversince he was denied a rear seat flight he had wined for

I've been waiting so long to post this ;

View attachment 334668
-
@Abingdonboy I doubt he would miss the signature,and would make some publicity of it,to show his "achievements".
(Bringing money,maintaining/creating jobs things like that.... not forgeting the renown of our industries.)

To be frank, this is a cursed pic..Whenever someone post dat picture, the date got postponed :drag:

Looking for negatives?

What did I do???:drag:

Meteors is a costly weapon, and won't be ordered in large number and would only be meant for special target/purpose/high valluable e.g AWAACs. Meteors would be customized to be launched from Mirrage 2000 UPG, Rafale F3R, and Su-30 MKI Upgraded (For that special deal have to be made with the Russian OEM and MBDA).
No Meteor integration on Mirage 2000 ever studied.

Back
Top Bottom