What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strike capability wise Eurofighter and Mig35 will not give even 50% what F18,F16,Rafale can at this time.

And MRCA has always been touted as replacing vintage Migs, now Mig was a pure interceptor aircraft in IAF innings. LCA is on same line even better bcoz of descent A2G capability...

MRCA was aimed as a fast replacement of half of the Mig 21 fleet, but MMRCA is more capable and includes latest techs, which makes them much more capable for a way longer time.

If you look at the present IAF fleet, you can dived them into levels regarding their roles and capabilities. Mig 21 Bis, M/MF, Mig 27 and Jaguars at the lowest level, because they are either dedicated interceptors, with some CAS capabilities, or dedicated ground attack fighters.
Above them are Mig 21 Bisons, Mig 29 SMT and Mirage 2000, because they even have some multi role capabilties (BVR missiles, or PGMs)
And on top of them all the Su 30 MKI, as an fully multi role air superiority fighter.

But IAF will phase out all Mig 21 and most of the Mig 27 till 2014/15 and IAF will look pretty different!
Then the upg Mig 27, upg Jaguars, Mig 21 Bisons, Mig 29 SMT, Mirage 2000-5 and LCA Mk1 will form the lowest end of capabilties and and above them we will see fully multi role capable fighters with 4+, or even 4++ techs like AESA radar, TVC, possibly even SC and very low RCS (LCA MK2, MMRCA and Su 30 MKI).
At the end of the decade and with the induction of the first 5. gen fighters things will start to change again, when Mig 21 Bisons will be and upg Mig 27, Jaguars, Mig 29, Mirage 2000-5 will start to be phased out.

It's an ongoing process and it is not a 1 on 1 replacement, even FGFA will most likely replace upg Mig 27/29, Mirage 2000-5 and Jags in numbers, but takeover the air superiority role of MKI. A possible MCA instead will replace MKI in numbers, but is meant for the roles of Mig 27/29, Mirage 2000-5 and Jags.

Regarding MKI and A2G capabilities, it is true that it has the same weapons and payload like the Su 34, but it lacks dedicated avionics, better amour, or RCS reductions that the Su 34 has and what makes it more usefull in low flying strike missions. From distance with stand off, or cruise missiles the MKI will be as deadly and even F18SH and Rafale will not be much better, but if you have to cross border and get undetected closer to a target, the MKI has clear disadvantages. Also Pak Fa / FGFA will be a multi role fighter too, but they will have only a few external weapon stations and it is not clear what weapons could be carriered internal. For preemtive strikes, or SEAD it will be preferable with limited internal payload and after 2020, but when air superiority is achieved, normal 4+ fighters will be more useful and the better choice for simple strikes with more numbers of PGMs.

india will b going for definitly eurofighter,the 3rd best palne in the world after f-35 and f-22

india will b going for definitly eurofighter,the 3rd best palne in the world after f-35 and f-22

I think Eurofighter will be better than hornet.
But brother the cost is too much and there would be extra cost for infrastructure.

Hello ji :smitten:

I am new here, and i think France option is batter then Typhoon because

1) It already have Working AESA radar

2) It's omni role fighter.(That means it's going to perform Air to air as well as Air to ground role)

3) we already operate Mirage 2000. so it's required less infrastructure to support it and we required less time in pilot training.

4) They will provide 100 % TOT(ya others are also going to give us that but France also offered us Source code of the radar so we can change it to operate our own weapons like Astra missile and even Brahamos in future!!!)

5) They will integrate Kaveri engine in this war bird.

6) Marine version of this bird is already in use.

7) And finally it's cheaper then Typhoon.

So, my Vote goes to France War Bird.:cheers:

Hello ji :smitten:

I am new here, and i think France option is batter then Typhoon because

1) It already have Working AESA radar

2) It's omni role fighter.(That means it's going to perform Air to air as well as Air to ground role)

3) we already operate Mirage 2000. so it's required less infrastructure to support it and we required less time in pilot training.

4) They will provide 100 % TOT(ya others are also going to give us that but France also offered us Source code of the radar so we can change it to operate our own weapons like Astra missile and even Brahamos in future!!!)

5) They will integrate Kaveri engine in this war bird.

6) Marine version of this bird is already in use.

7) And finally it's cheaper then Typhoon.

So, my Vote goes to France War Bird.:cheers:

Mr. cool brother welcome to :pdf:

This is the best defence forum enjoy your stay

Mr. cool bro I think you are right.
But I cannot leave MIG 35 also totally confused
Hi MKI -

Dont get confused brother!!, no matter what we have all potent fighters competing here. The field trials are over, weapons trial are going on for some.

Results will be out soon on which one are left behind and which ones are the last one on the list.
So we will get a better picture then.

Like most of us have debated here, F-18, Rafale and Typhoon are the front runners.

All are very good fighters, at least non of these are operated in ASIA..

So wait and watch...:coffee:

Hi MKI -

Dont get confused brother!!, no matter what we have all potent fighters competing here. The field trials are over, weapons trial are going on for some.

Results will be out soon on which one are left behind and which ones are the last one on the list.
So we will get a better picture then.

Like most of us have debated here, F-18, Rafale and Typhoon are the front runners.

All are very good fighters, at least non of these are operated in ASIA..

So wait and watch...:coffee:

Thanks brother.
From which year we will be able for induction?
You are leaving out MIG 35 :cry:

Thanks brother.
From which year we will be able for induction?
You are leaving out MIG 35 :cry:

Dear Please understand our needs through this competition.

1) We required Great Ground attack plane.(Which are Rafael, F-18,F-16)

2) We required Good Air to air Fighter.(Which are Rafael,f-18,f-16,Mig-35,Typhoon and Gripen)

Mig -35 is great Air to air Fighter but O.K. ground attack plane. but we required opposite to that....

And Mig-35 is basically Mig-29 OVT(OVT in Russian means "Thrust vector control" and ya we are upgrading our old Mig-29 to the Mig-35 standers ).

Plus Mig-35 will not ready before 2015 !!!!!!

So......... i hope you get my point:smitten:

Along with rafale we should also not leave out Gripen NG with whose performance our IAF personnel were very much impressed that it was given a second go in the competition. One thing in gripen i like is its "expeditionary role" which would be very useful in war times. I hope iam correct :)

Along with rafale we should also not leave out Gripen NG with whose performance our IAF personnel were very much impressed that it was given a second go in the competition. One thing in gripen i like is its "expeditionary role" which would be very useful in war times. I hope iam correct :)

Sorry bro.

But i have to disagree with you here,

Yes Gripen is good plane but there is nothing revolutionary that they can provide us.

1) They can not offer us 100% TOT because more then 40% of it's equipment is from USA....

2) It's Max pay load is 6.5 ton which is not good for ground attack role.

3) there is not any political advantages in it.

4) NG is not tested version.

5) No working AESA radar.

And more then that.."Just give our LCA fund and Our LCA Mark-2 will be as capable as gripen !!!!"

So for Our MRCA it's bed choice.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom