What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In another Forum i read a comment of a Member which i feel was quite Logical.
According to him , if india really wants ro replace the MiGs on proper Time , it makes No sense to go with a single vendor as then The Delays will again be involved. So 126 Planes will again take Years to complete making India Vulnurable as before..

and Add to it the fact that if This Delay is acceptable and India can go with a Single vendor , then its Better that More emphasis is given on LCA which in many ways is the Best Contender as far as the MiG replacement and number increase is concerned and Inducting LCA will take nearly the same time.. ( may be +2 to +4 Years , but will deliver independence )

This Supports the View that Rafale+MiG 35 Combo will make out the best Deal for India.

I love the Looks of MiG 35 but i Strongly feel that Indian Pilots will Love Rafale..

Please consider the following.

Having spent upwards of $11 billion dollars the MRCA winner will need to be in frontline service UNTIL 2040.. Thats over 25 years if the first 2 squadrons arrive by 2015....

The F16 will be phased out by USA by 2020 and by most other Air powers by 2025... by JSF or Typhoon or Gripen

The MIG35 will give us a IAF of 80% russian origin. FAR TOO DANGEROUS for blackmail annd common failures.. DON,T forget PAK FA too

The F18 SH despite a great platform has TOT issues and always the issue of sanctions. DO we really trust the YANKS yet... & usa WILL START TO PHASE OUT by 2025

THE gripen is far too much like LCA only better. BUT it will signal the death of DRDO HAL on LCA

Typhoon. is the best and most advanced MRCA but FAR TOO much money

Rafael FOR ME ticks so many boxes

Commonality with mirage 2000
We already buy much hardware off france
Far less sanctions issues
French offering massive TOT & help with LCA engine & AESA radar
True late 4TH generation war plane will remain in service with french until at least 2040 SAME TIME FRAME AS INDIA WANTS.

On paper for me it looks the best option.

SAAB Opens Office in New Delhi; Jan Widerstrom Shares Long Term Vision

Dated 27/1/2009
Printer Friendly Subscribe
With the field trials for the proposed 126 aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF) set to commence in April-May, Swedish arms manufacturer SAAB which is one of the six in the race with its Gripen aircraft today opened an office in the Capital as part of its "efforts to market products for defence and civil security in the Indian market".

Senior company officials pitched for the Gripen aircraft, saying it was "one of the most advanced fighter aircraft in its category, as also one of the contenders for the IAF Medium Range Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) programme. Gripen is the world's most technologically advanced multi-role fighter aircraft with futuristic warfare technologies."

Addressing reporters here, the country head and vice-president of SAAB International, Mr Jan Widerstrom, said that for his company, India was a key market and therefore it was making long-term commitments. "We are offering our high tech portfolio to the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy. We will be further enhancing our presence to ensure full support to our customers. SAAB is actively looking for long-term cooperation with Indian government and private industries," Mr Widerstrom said.

In December 2008, SAAB had bagged a contract to deliver Integrated Defensive Aids Suite for HAL's Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter project.

i think it has ...Infra-red search and track missing ---- in front , i hope they do something about it or else the deal is a JOKE!

i think it has ...Infra-red search and track missing ---- in front , i hope they do something about it or else the deal is a JOKE!

:wave:

nothing to worry about its got a lantirn 2 pod attached to is air intakes and i think the nose is too small to accomodate it and it already has other 4 protruding IFF antennas there

LANTIRN
a76d6538e7b01ff11a7a8f67ac960364.jpg

ANTENNAS
7714940f0479846b825ba666bbe29219.jpg

but the question is CAN it carry both lantirn and sniper pods at the same time ?????

any views on this guys:pop:

thank you:cheers:

Attachments

• a76d6538e7b01ff11a7a8f67ac960364.jpg
    a76d6538e7b01ff11a7a8f67ac960364.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 13
Its a long article therefore I have only posted the updates:

MMRCA: Updates and Developments

Jan 17/09:
Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major reveals that the IAF will conduct a fly-off of the 6 MMRCA contenders some time in April-May 2009.

Rumors have been started that Saab’s JAS-39 Gripen might be left out of these field trials as a result of the IAF’s Technical Evaluation Committee report, which is said to have been submitted to the Indian ministry of defense in mid-November 2008. That report has to be approved by the ministry before the field trials can begin. Those claims regarding the Gripen’s relative capabilities are difficult to reconcile with the roster of competitors. Meanwhile, Gripen International’s India director Eddy de la Motte says:

“We firmly believe the report does not have any basis and the news is incorrect. Gripen meets or exceeds every operational requirement raised by the IAF in all roles – air-to-air fighter, [beyond visual range/within visual range], air-to-surface land and sea, and reconnaissance.”

See: India Defence re: trials | India Defence re: Gripen.

Dec 8/08:
Dassault Aviation announces agreements with Tata Technologies’ subsidiary INCAT [DID note: not the Australian naval firm] for Engineering Services Outsourcing. Under the terms of the MoU, INCAT will provide Dassault Aviation with Engineering Services in a number of critical domains, in support of the Indian Air Force MMRCA program under its industrial offset requirements.

The services would use INCAT’s Global Delivery model, and delivered largely from the recently established INCAT HAL Aerostructures Limited (IHAL) dedicated aerospace engineering services centre joint venture in Bangalore, India. It would be backed up by INCAT’s delivery teams in France and the USA.

India’s MMRCA Fighter Competition

MiG 35 to be Showcased at Aero India 2009

Dated 3/2/2009
Printer Friendly Subscribe
Russia will use an upcoming air show in India to showcase its MiG-35 advanced jet fighter, a contender to win an Indian fighter tender, an official from Russia's state arms exporter said on Monday.

Aero India-2009, which will be held in the southern city of Bangalore on February 11-15, is one the largest aerospace shows in the Asia-Pacific region, hosting leading manufacturers, vendors and suppliers from 35 countries.

"The MiG will certainly make several demonstration flights after its presentation on the first day of the air show. We would like it to show its best features," said deputy director of Rosoboronexport Viktor Komardin.

Six major aircraft makers - Lockheed and Boeing from the United States, Russia's MiG, which is part of the UAC, France's Dassault, Sweden's Saab and the EADS consortium of British, German, Spanish and Italian companies - are in contention to win the $10 billion tender for 126 light fighters to be supplied to the Indian Air Force.

Komardin reiterated that the MiG-35 has excellent chances to win the tender because the Russian aircraft has superb performance characteristics and Russia and India share a long-standing partnership in strategic and military-technical cooperation.

"The MiG family is well-known in India. Our Indian partners have production and maintenance facilities ready to produce part for our aircraft," the official said.

The existing Russian-Indian military-technical cooperation program until 2010, lists up to 200 projects worth about $18 billion.

India is a key buyer of Russian weaponry, with contracts including the delivery of the Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier with at least 16 MiG-29K Fulcrum-D carrier fighters, the Smerch MLRS, and licensed production of T-90 tanks in India.

Russia signed in March a contract with the Indian Defense Ministry to upgrade around 70 MiG-29 fighters, in service since the 1980s, and agreed to develop a fifth-generation fighter together with India. (MiG-29 K/KUB fighters for India- Image Gallery)

Russia's MiG-35 Fulcrum-F, an export version of the MiG-29M OVT (Fulcrum F) is a highly maneuverable air superiority fighter, which won high acclaim during the Le Bourget air show in France last year.

The fighter is powered by RD-33 OVT thrust vectoring engines. The RD-33 OVT engines provide superior maneuverability and enhance the fighter's performance in close air engagements.

Moscow said if MiG-35 wins the tender, Russia is ready to transfer all key technology to India's Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. and provide assistance for the production of the aircraft in the country.

Rumors have been started that Saab’s JAS-39 Gripen might be left out of these field trials as a result of the IAF’s Technical Evaluation Committee report, which is said to have been submitted to the Indian ministry of defense in mid-November 2008. That report has to be approved by the ministry before the field trials can begin. Those claims regarding the Gripen’s relative capabilities are difficult to reconcile with the roster of competitors.
I think india is looking for a supplier which have bigger shphere of defence technology ranging from nuclear technology, armed vehicles incl. tanks, knowhow of engine, radar, missiles etc.
All these features are located either in France or US. Sweeds are definate looser on these grounds.
All this talk of technical evaluation is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom