What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because a mock up was displayed at an air show, it doesn't meant it is integrated, or operational.

Are you able to prove it was a mock up? From what I've read so far WMD-7 is operational.

:coffee: As I already showed you in my comparison of Rafale and SH, that's nothing special! The block 3 upgrade will bring the SH only on a comparable tech and capability level that the Rafale already has, or will get by 2012!

5.(S/NF) BAHRAIN AIR SHOW AND NUCLEAR ENERGY: King Hamad asked General Petraeus for his help in encouraging U.S.
aircraft manufacturers to participate in the inaugural
Bahrain Air Show, scheduled for January 2010. He said that
France was pushing the Rafale and would be there in force,although he agreed with Petraeus that the French fighter was
yesterday's technology.

Is that why everyone is calling it yesterday's technology? :oops:
You're seriously deluded if you think the Rafale compares in anyway to the Super Hornet road map.

:coffee: As I already showed you in my comparison of Rafale and SH, that's nothing special! The block 3 upgrade will bring the SH only on a comparable tech and capability level that the Rafale already has, or will get by 2012!
I will just gonna point out one feature Rafale just wont have in the next 5 years....

AN/APG-79 Please let me know if Rafale will have anything close to the quality of this radar...:coffee:

Indian MMRCA contract by March 2011: IAF Chief : Defense news

The Indian contract to buy 126 MMRCA fighter aircraft is expected to be signed by March 2011, the Indian Air Force Chief of Staff, P.V. Naik has been quoted as saying.

In an interview to Vayu Aerospace, a media partner of defenseworld.net, the air force chief said that the likely timeframe for completing various activities before the contract is signed is about 6-8 months, “So, we expect the contract to be signed by March 2011. From thereon, the induction should begin by mid 2014 onwards".

The RFP for the M-MRCA was issued in August 2007 to six global vendors. These vendors responded with their proposals and the TEC was completed in June 2009. By this time, the IAF was already ready to undertake Field Evaluations and these were conducted from July 2009 to May 2010, the Air Chief said.

Thereafter the IAF has completed the analysis of results and compiled an exhaustive report well in time. The Staff Evaluation report was submitted on 30 July 2010.

"In my opinion, considering the number of vendors involved and the complex nature of evaluations, there has not been any inordinate delay. We have been able to achieve our objectives well within the stipulated time frame", he added.

^^^^ Good god.. expecting this drama to come to an end now soon.. From personal choice EFT i have come to a stage to get some damn fighter and induct it.. become so sick of this... all problem is because of IAF.. they dont know what they want...

I have been looking for pictures of the F/A-18 E/F carrying asymmetric loads for sometime. I finally found some very good pictures, the F/A-18 E/F can fly,fight and return to the carrier carrying asymmetric loads of up to 35,000 lbs.

Super-Hornet-Afeganist%C3%A3o-1-580x397.jpg

Super-Hornet-Afeganist%C3%A3o-3-580x402.jpg

Super-Hornet-Afeganist%C3%A3o-4.jpg

I have been looking for pictures of the F/A-18 E/F carrying asymmetric loads for sometime. I finally found some very good pictures, the F/A-18 E/F can fly,fight and return to the carrier carrying asymmetric loads of up to 35,000 lbs.

Super-Hornet-Afeganist%C3%A3o-1-580x397.jpg

Super-Hornet-Afeganist%C3%A3o-3-580x402.jpg

Super-Hornet-Afeganist%C3%A3o-4.jpg

DBC ... really good pic .. thanks ,

Reactions: dbc
Hmmm my sight now turning towards F-18 from Rafale:smitten:

I can't get control of myself:cry:

Ladies easily changing . . . . .:D

Are you able to prove it was a mock up? From what I've read so far WMD-7 is operational.

Why not simply go through the JF 17 thread in the PAF section?

Is that why everyone is calling it yesterday's technology? :oops:
You're seriously deluded if you think the Rafale compares in anyway to the Super Hornet road map.

And this is the official reaction on it:

An important Foreign Ministry Statement

An official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has strongly denied the statement that has been reported and attributed to His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa by Agence France Presse (AFP), with regard to French Rafale Aircrafts.

The source emphasized that the reported statement by that news agency is false and has nothing to do with reality.

http://www.mofa.gov.bh/Default.aspx?tabid=7804&language=en-US

It's normal that you deny the facts, but at least I am talking about reality of the Rafale F3+ capabilities, all you have here is a Boeing upgrade proposal that nobody has funded, or ordered yet. So just wait and lets talk in 2015 again about it, when it might be ready.

But nice pics of the F18 though!

I will just gonna point out one feature Rafale just wont have in the next 5 years....

AN/APG-79 Please let me know if Rafale will have anything close to the quality of this radar...:coffee:

Thales delivers First AESA radar for the Rafale F3

Thales is delivering the first batch of 4 production AESA RBE-2AA this month (2010/08) to Dassault. Those new radar developped for the so called Rafale roadmap program will be fitted on the 60 rafale F3+ ordered for the french air force in december 2009...

Rafale News: Thales delivers First AESA radar for the Rafale F3

The radar is ready now and will be fitted into Rafale F3+, that will come from 2012 onwards.
You are welcome! :)

India will not select Super hornet or F-16: (My strong opinion)
Currently India has not signed CISMoA agreement with US and until India signs it US will not give any of the sensitive avionics like it did with the C-130J (Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: EXCLUSIVE: No CISMOA? Here's What They're Pulling From The Indian C-130J). There are some rules the US will NOT give up for India as it will have to do the same with other countries it does defense business (e.g. Pakistan). At the same time, India CANNOT sacrifice its sovereignty and safety to please the US and accept compromised aircrafts (F16 or FA/18-Superhornet).
In addition, India recently signed big defense deal (~10 billions) which promises over 50,000 new jobs in US, this should satisfy and please US very well. Lets remember these are 126 multi-role fighter aircrafts (option of getting 74 more if needed) are being procured to defend and protect the country. India will not like to compromise on any tech here.
India wants 18 aircrafts from the manufacturer (ready and not promises of future roadmap for upgrades) and the remaining will be built under license with a transfer of technology (ToT) by HAL. If India buys either F16 or Superhornet, without signing CISMoA, can it get a complete deal without any restrictions? Can the US provide the desired ToT? Desired missiles? NO!!!!! Can the US allow modifications and repair work done in India (by HAL) or will India have to pay to fly engineers from Boeing or Lockheed for repairs? Don't know?
In addition, India or for that case any country does not want any multiplicity of having many different aircrafts in the fleet. Even IAF chief has said this (Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: Multiplicity Of Fighter Inventory A Nightmare: IAF Chief).
So, to summarize: India will not risk its SAFETY and SOVEREIGNTY with F-16 or Super hornet and Since India has already signed a big defense deal with US (and pleased it), considering it will not sign CISMoA by March 2011 (when the MMRCA will be finalized), INDIA will NOT go for either F16 or Superhornets. Even though Gripen is a good aircraft, has many US parts making it a risk, so unlikely to be selected further.
So that leaves Mig-35, Rafale and Eurofighter. I remember when India got Sukhoi (Su-30) many were unhappy, but look at it now! After many changes and upgrades it has become a formidable (Su-30 MKI).
Every aircraft which is equipped with several electronic gadgets develops some snags or errors and is prone to crashes and it is not limited to Eurofighter, Rafale or F16. If you point out Rafale/Eurofighter recently crashed then here's recent news that says Israel's F16 also crashed (Israeli fighter jet crashes during training, crew missing).
Even the so called and revered F-22 Raptor was brought down: On Nov. 18, a Chinese submarine shot down a Canadian F18 and a U.S. F22 Raptor (Brazil Times: Blog: Twice is Coincidence)
So lets not point out at any crash if its not any repeated known technical failures.
I welcome any peaceful and logical critiques or arguments.

Last edited:
Even the so called and revered F-22 Raptor was brought down:QUOTE]

this is where you failed, you Just can´t compare American top of the line War planes to European ones...:tdown:

I'm not comparing European aircraft with the American. My point was that every aircraft has weakness/drawbacks and can be brought down. Even the ones that is considered the best in the world.
India has requirement of multirole aircrafts which it is seeking to complete through MMRCA. American aircrafts are probably one of the best (if India gets it with full config and support).
And to answer your question, I question you back, how many wars has this top of the line :tdown: war-plane F-22 raptor fought or was used? Was it used in Iraq war? Was it used in Afghanistan, so far? or was it used only in air-shows?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom