What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAFALE FLARE

5594190369_58fdd223dd_b.jpg

^^^
why do you want to do that ???

because we are going to use it in upcoming LCA in HUGE qty. and main maintence in any aircraft is it's engine........ and Rafale is bit Underpower compair to other aircraft in MMRCA.

sooooo.............:)

because we are going to use it in upcoming LCA in HUGE qty. and main maintence in any aircraft is it's engine........
Yeah but i think we should stick with Snecma as too much dependence on US is not a wise decision and especially in case of engine...good thing is we can later replace it with our own Kaveri. I think if we select Rafale then last jets among the 126 can be fitted with Kaveri....It will also be good for us as future indian jets will be using kaveri, even lca....

and Rafale is bit Underpower compair to other aircraft in MMRCA.
Man don't just read and make conclusions....
Rafale's Thrust/weight ratio is 1.13
Any fighter jet with T/W ratio more than 1 is good....its fine and with Kaveri it will be much better...(83-95KN each, not sure about exact figure but still...)

Yeah but i think we should stick with Snecma as too much dependence on US is not a wise decision and especially in case of engine...good thing is we can later replace it with our own Kaveri. I think if we select Rafale then last jets among the 126 can be fitted with Kaveri....It will also be good for us as future indian jets will be using kaveri, even lca....

Man don't just read and make conclusions....
Rafale's Thrust/weight ratio is 1.13
Any fighter jet with T/W ratio more than 1 is good....its fine and with Kaveri it will be much better...(83-95KN each, not sure about exact figure but still...)

Kaveri is not going operational in near future(Minimum 5 to 7 year ), till then Sechma it self come up with high power advance engine. sooooo

And if choose GE-414IN then LCA, MMRCA and MCA can use it. so we required more then 1000 Engine... and we can locally produce it with TOT. And much FASTER

^^^
Its true and MMRCA will still be under production 5-7 years later....

And if choose GE-414IN then LCA, MMRCA and MCA can use it. so we required more then 1000 Engine... and we can locally produce it with TOT. And much FASTER
Indigenous engine will be the best option....and a power of 83-95 KN is too much as we will be mostly operating twin engine jets...

Its already decided that when Kaveri will get ready (5-7 years) all our future jets will be using it...LCA, AMCA etc...its not my opinion, the decision is already made by IAF, ADA, MOD...there's nothing you or me can do...this decision can change only if DRDO screw up....

and we can locally produce it with TOT. And much FASTER
You think US will give us ToT of an engine, then you are dreaming...

Dosen't RWR in Rafale needs additional sensors of SPECTRA for precise geolocation .

On to main discussion - With Dassault caught in a scam . Congress gov will always be on backfoot wrt giving contract to Dassault .
Just to add - Way US is going on offensive against Gripen everywhere - Looks like US sees it as one single biggest threat to its campaign .

Exactly, the interferometry antennas we talked about from the begining and where do you see Dassault in a scam? The IAF officer that asked for money is, while Dassault actually did everything right, the only problem is that IAF now is embarrassed and that's why they want to get out the Indian official of Dassault.

Can we use GE 414 engine for rafale if it win mmrca?

If the question is, does the GE 414 fit into Rafale? Yes, because the early Rafale prototypes used GE 404 engines till the M88 was ready.
But can we use it for Rafale? No, it requires integration and neither Dassault, nor the US would allow it.

because we are going to use it in upcoming LCA in HUGE qty. and main maintence in any aircraft is it's engine........ and Rafale is bit Underpower compair to other aircraft in MMRCA.

GE 414 is only a stop gap for LCA, in the long run Kaveri - Snecma engine is planed for integration and the MK1s gets this engine during the MLU. Commonality and ease of maintenance is very logical, but not really a reason for IAF as it seems, just look at the current fleet ( 7 different fighters with 7 different engines and radars) and look at the Jaguar upgrade engine decision, where IAF favoured the US engine, instead of the British that offered up to 90% commonality to Hawk trainer engines.
However, the best chance for commonality would still be the Kaveri - Snecma engine, which is said to be ready in 3 to 4 years and can be integrated in follow LCAs, Rafale and if needed AMCA in future as well.

Rafale is not underpowered, because you have to look at the emptyweight in relation to the dry thrust and the Rafale looks pretty good in this field as the 2nd lightest fighter in the competition, but I would prefer the integration of Kaveri - Snecma engine for a higher indigenous content and more independence, instead of having more thrust.

The IAF officer that asked for money is, while Dassault actually did everything right, the only problem is that IAF now is embarrassed and that's why they want to get out the Indian official of Dassault.
I think IAF's choice is Rafale and thats why they are trying to make sure that when they select it, no one can challenge it...Dassault has removed that official and IAF has court-marshaled that IAF official...IAF is also making sure that no more delays take place like IA's deals like light helicopter and Artillery...

However, the best chance for commonality would still be the Kaveri - Snecma engine, which is said to be ready in 3 to 4 years
Is there any timeline set for the JV between DRDO-Snecma ??/ because any delay in that will delay the project...

:lol: Is that your own translation?

A simple google translation tells you the truth:

"Moreover, the Rafale has led numerous missions against the loyalist forces using AASM bombs, bombs which are also smooth, but this time guided by a laser designation system and a system designed to increase the reach by the French company Sagem."

So it's not talking about AASM with a laser seeker, but about a laser designator system, or targeting pod and a system to increase the reach of the AASM (the rocket propulsion kit), designed by Sagem !

You clearly lack the ability to comprehend simple English, the word "AND" highlighted is a conjunction. I'm sure there are software programers here on this forum who will understand the implications of using the Boolean operator 'AND' while coding. So when I say "Sancho and Spark love the Rafale" it means both you and Spark love Rafale. The text you google translated from French to English means both the laser designator and propulsion kit were used to target loyalist forces and assets.

The original French article is clear it says "guided by laser designation system"

GPS / INS AASM's does not need guidance, post launch the aircraft can turn away from the target and the AASM is able to independently navigate towards the target. "Guided by laser" obviously means the AASM was 'laser spot tracking'.

A laser designator is a laser light source which is used to designate a target. Laser designators provide targeting for laser guided bombs, missiles, or precision artillery munitions, such as the Paveway series of bombs, Lockheed-Martin's Hellfire, or the Copperhead round, respectively.

When a target is marked by a designator, the beam is invisible and does not shine continuously. Instead, a series of coded pulses of laser-light are fired. These signals bounce off the target into the sky, where they are detected by the seeker on the laser guided munition, which steers itself towards the centre of the reflected signal. Unless the people being targeted possess laser detection equipment or can hear aircraft overhead, it is extremely difficult for them to tell whether they are being marked or not. Laser designators work best in clear atmospheric conditions. Cloud cover, rain or smoke can make reliable designation of targets difficult or even impossible.
Laser designator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Laser designation is very different from 'geo-pointing', geo-pointing is the use of laser to obtain the GPS co-ordinates of a laser spot.

Clearly, laser designation is the act of marking a target for laser guided munitions this is very different from using laser to acquire the GPS coordinates of a target (geo-pointing).

Geo-pointing is not a 100% reliable there is always an error in the acquired target GPS coordinates, the accuracy of geo pointing depends on the resolution of the LOS device, aiming accuracy, the accuracy of INS/GPS coordinates, orientation and altitude(shallow angle error) of the aircraft. The accuracy of such systems are also significantly impacted by weather. I doubt a 150,000 Euro (€) AASM will be launched from 50 kms using target coordinates obtained from geo-pointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ The IAF has no plans for the near to immediate future to induct female pilots into the AF so is this relevant to the INDIAN MMRCA?

^^^ The IAF has no plans for the near to immediate future to induct female pilots into the AF so is this relevant to the INDIAN MMRCA?

well .. what do you think...??? All the news posted here are of relevance.. The video above is more about Gripen and G-force testing..

I have posted a gripen pic earlier with a babe in bikini.. i didnt see you posting IAF has no immediate plan to put a babe in bikini near MRCA winner..

Just kidding.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom