What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want all those dedicated attack air crafts to be withdrawn ASAP and replaced with MMRCA/LCA

Brazil confirms the multibillion fighter jet deal postponed until early 2012

air-rafale-lg.jpg

“We will go to examine it into the beginning of next year. At the moment, we are only focused on the domestic agenda,” Jobim said on the sidelines of a business forum in southern France.

Brazil, which wants to rebuild and expand its dilapidated fleet of air force jets, has been considering offers from France's Dassault Aviation, Boeing and Sweden's Saab .The Brazilian contract will likely be worth much more than the initial bids, which have been reported by Brazilian media at about 4 to 6 billion US dollars. Maintenance contracts will be lucrative, and Brazil could eventually buy more than 100 aircraft.

Aside from the price and tactical considerations of Dassault's Rafale, Boeing's F-18 and Saab's Griffon, Brazil demands a technology transfer to help create jobs by manufacturing modern fighters at home and potentially exporting them to neighbours in Latin America.

“The principal necessity is on technology transfer,” said Jobim, who declined to say which of the three offers Brazil was leaning towards.

Dassault's Rafale had appeared close to clinching its first foreign deal with ex Brazilian President Lula da Silva, who had said he preferred the French plane over its rivals.

But Lula da Silva's successor, Dilma Rousseff, appears to be leaning towards Boeing's F-18 after saying she wanted to rethink all the finalists' bids. Since taking office in January, Rousseff has pursued stronger political ties with the United States.

Brazil confirms the multibillion fighter jet deal postponed until early 2012 — MercoPress

COLUMN: MMRCA, The Right Choice For The Wrong Reasons

The author of the article seems highly biased towards Americans. The Americans were not willing to offer 100% dissolution of technology (as we've seen in the case of MKI now HAL has 100% indeginous MKIs). Next the Americans wanted us to sign 2 agreements without which they couldn't transfer us sensitive technology like Radar,etc. but if we signed it then they could inspect our planes anyday, anytime and anywhere and also put restrictions on when, where, how the planes can be used or not (remember the ship ex-trenton what good is a warship that can't be used in war imagine same condition on IAF jets). Again they were raising doubts on the capability of Indian Industry to manufacture their 'Oh so sensitive equipment' (in short they wanted to manufacture as much/many of the planes in USA as possible something we surely didn't want).
The author says we for the cost of 200 typhoons we could fly 400 Super Hornets going by the same logic we could buy 600 Mig-35s, now i know a lot of us don't like the Russian spare troubles but u tell them u wanna buy 600 Mig-35s they'll close a Mig plant in Russia and open 1 over here and why forget MKI is also Russian and IAF has no spare trouble I think the Malaysians are having trouble but their fleet is a lot smaller than ours.
I also refuse to believe that the Super Hornet can outperform Mig-35 in Kinematic Performance infact if the Russians upgraded engines, radar and 3d TVCs are successfully integrated the Mig-35 may give even the Eurocarnards a run for their money.
Plz do not consider me biased towards the Russians I've always wanted the Rafale to win but all those people who keep saying buy American jets without even understanding that U can't fly them during Wars really bother me.
As for Russian bashing if they give 100% dissolution of technology then i don't think u'r still dependent on their troublesome spare supply. The Russians do lack in avionics but we make up thanks to our good friends the Israelis and the French (just like Russians they have proven that their friendship can stand the test of time, just like Russians they have trouble keeping deadlines, just like Russians their greedy B*****ds but so are we all).
Coming to the current status of MMRCA Which would be the better machine from a strategic point of view? The EFT nations hold a higher combined military strength than France but their dependability is questionable while the French have proven they would not hamper our national defense by thier stupid little whims

The author of the article seems highly biased towards Americans. The Americans were not willing to offer 100% dissolution of technology (as we've seen in the case of MKI now HAL has 100% indeginous MKIs). Next the Americans wanted us to sign 2 agreements without which they couldn't transfer us sensitive technology like Radar,etc. but if we signed it then they could inspect our planes anyday, anytime and anywhere and also put restrictions on when, where, how the planes can be used or not (remember the ship ex-trenton what good is a warship that can't be used in war imagine same condition on IAF jets). Again they were raising doubts on the capability of Indian Industry to manufacture their 'Oh so sensitive equipment' (in short they wanted to manufacture as much/many of the planes in USA as possible something we surely didn't want).
The author says we for the cost of 200 typhoons we could fly 400 Super Hornets going by the same logic we could buy 600 Mig-35s, now i know a lot of us don't like the Russian spare troubles but u tell them u wanna buy 600 Mig-35s they'll close a Mig plant in Russia and open 1 over here and why forget MKI is also Russian and IAF has no spare trouble I think the Malaysians are having trouble but their fleet is a lot smaller than ours.
I also refuse to believe that the Super Hornet can outperform Mig-35 in Kinematic Performance infact if the Russians upgraded engines, radar and 3d TVCs are successfully integrated the Mig-35 may give even the Eurocarnards a run for their money.
Plz do not consider me biased towards the Russians I've always wanted the Rafale to win but all those people who keep saying buy American jets without even understanding that U can't fly them during Wars really bother me.
As for Russian bashing if they give 100% dissolution of technology then i don't think u'r still dependent on their troublesome spare supply. The Russians do lack in avionics but we make up thanks to our good friends the Israelis and the French (just like Russians they have proven that their friendship can stand the test of time, just like Russians they have trouble keeping deadlines, just like Russians their greedy B*****ds but so are we all).
Coming to the current status of MMRCA Which would be the better machine from a strategic point of view? The EFT nations hold a higher combined military strength than France but their dependability is questionable while the French have proven they would not hamper our national defense by thier stupid little whims

the mki does have spares problem
www.outlookindia.com |
there was a statement made by sukhoi some time back that they will guarantee spares for the mki but i dont know how that's panned out.... russians are trying hard to get the spares issue sorted - i think we might soon see a deal which will allow india to produce spares when russia cannot supply them

the mki does have spares problem
www.outlookindia.com |
there was a statement made by sukhoi some time back that they will guarantee spares for the mki but i dont know how that's panned out.... russians are trying hard to get the spares issue sorted - i think we might soon see a deal which will allow india to produce spares when russia cannot supply them

Well, there were reports and claims that India was going for complete indegenization of the MKI. Also manufacturing of future versions is to be shifted to a HAL facility. I suppose that solves the spares problems. I seriously doubt the US would have allowed that.

IAF to brief Lockheed Martin

IAF to brief Lockheed Martin - Brahmand.com

IAF Lockheed Martin MMRCA
Posted On: Jul 12, 2011
print this news Buzz it share this news on facebook
NEW DELHI (PTI): Lockheed Martin, one of the two US companies which lost out in the bid for the 126 combat aircraft deal, is expected to be conveyed the reasons for it by the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The IAF is expected to brief Lockheed Martin Tuesday in detail about the reasons of their exclusion for which the request is understood to have been made by the US government, defence sources told PTI here.

The two aircraft were offered to the IAF through the Foreign Military Sales route in which the supplier of military hardware is the US government itself.

In April, India had shortlisted Dassault and Eurofighter for 126 Medium-Multirole Combat Aircraft (M-MRCA) deal and excluded the two American companies along with Russian MiG Corporation and Swedish Saab Gripen.

After receiving communication in this regard, the US had said it was "deeply disappointed" over the rejection and Boeing had also sought a debrief from the IAF.

The IAF had said it had tested the six participating aircraft extensively on 643 parameters and all of them were told about their performance in the field trials as the process moved forward.

Libya, Rafale to operate from Sigonella Air Base

Air&Cosmos reveals that 5 Rafale (4 B and 1 C) has been transfered, last weekend, from the Solenzara Air Base (Corsica, France) to Sigonella Air Base (Sicilia, Italy).
The Italian AB is at about 550 km from Tripoli compared to 1080 km for Solenzara. This should save about 1 hour of transit for each sortie.
According to Air&Cosmos those Rafale will mainly conduct Recce missions. Data receiving stations dedicated to the Reco-NG pod have also been installed at Sigonella.

Rafale News: Libya, Rafale to operate from Sigonella Air Base

Kuwait, Rafale deal is an option, French ambassador said

Monday 11th 2011, the French Ambassador to Kuwait, Nada Yafi, said that the Rafale deal is not finalized yet :

[...]"Kuwait wants to assess the group of fighter jets and it has not yet finished, but the evaluation of Rafale seemed satisfactory in all aspects especially from the experts side," she said, asserting that it is Kuwait's right to other jets too...

Rafale News: Kuwait, Rafale deal is an option, French ambassador said

People, I have a very very strong feeling that with your Mirage upgrade coming true ... Eurofighter will get the nod for this MMRCA ... call this my instint or gut feel ... this is the reason your babus okayed the mirage deal .... ;-)

The fourth batch of Boeing-made fighters, worth over 175 million AU dollars, landed at the Royal Australian Air Force Base Amberley in Queensland.

Minister for Defence Materiel, Jason Clare, while welcoming the new planes said, “The Super Hornet gives the Royal Australian Air Force the capability to conduct air-to-air combat; to strike targets on land and at sea; to suppress enemy air defences; and to conduct reconnaissance.”

The fighters have been delivered on budget and ahead of schedule because of the teamwork of the manufacturer Boeing, the US Navy, the Royal Australian Air Force and the Defence Materiel Organisation, the minister said.

The Australian Government had signed a $6 billion deal with the US in 2007 to acquire 24 F/A-18F Super Hornets.

Australia receives three new Super Hornets - Brahmand.com

Jesus Christ!! Forgive my language but, FCUK! That's $250,000,000 USD PER PLANE! I know that this must include setting up infrastructure , training, weapons etc but all these were included in the $10 BN IAF MMRCA deal that was to demand 126 fighters! So what happened with Australia?

And some people complain at the price of UPG of M2k- in this case it looks like IAF got of lightly!!

+ btw at this price the MMRCA (for 126 fighters) would cost GoI $31,500,000,000!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good old:usflag:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom