What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:what: F-35 will be only offered if and only if u ppl choose F-16IN, which wont happen & u said India is looking for jets with full TOT, my BrahmOs Uncle Sam is not even ready for full ToT in case of F-16IN & F-18 & u think they will agree on ToT for F-35 hmmmm, and as for Time frame for delivery is concerned uptil now almost no fighter is fully complete except F-16IN & F-18 m AESA for EF n Rafale n MiG n Gripen are not ready yet...

"Now thats what i call 'clever thinking'"
expecting ToT for F-35 is called clever thinking :P

Friend i never said 'Full TOT' on JSF F-35. Yes when asked about F-16IN america did said if india choose F-16IN than they will get JSF F-35 in future but after somedays some reporters asked what if india dont pick F-16IN? does it mean america wont sell jet fighters to india in future? Than america said if india wont pick F-16IN than america would make sure next time jet fighter would be different and even better. Now friend is there any jet fighter better than F-16IN? Answer is 'yes' and its JSF F-35. Just after hearing that our indian navy said they intrested in JSF F-35. i hope you got the hint my friend. Now about rafael. Friend u said Rafael not yet ready. is that true? Rafael already operational in afghanistan. F-16IN and F-18 super hornet aint gonna win. Do you think F-16IN and F-18 operational so india would pick them? Now thats what i call 'funny'. By the way friend there is 'No F-16IN' ready yet. Cheers

They didn't offer F35 instead of F16, they just said if we buy F16 IN now, we can have F35 sometimes in future. Also They don't even want to provide much ToT of such old fighters like F16 and F18, do you expect ToT and licence production of F35 in India? Not to forget that F35 is already delayed and will only come by 2016 for the member countries, for exports it will come later and by that time Pak Fa could be ready too.
Btw if delivery by time is a point, EF and Gripen NG also have less chances, because many features of them are still under development.

Friend india wont pick F-16IN. Pakistan flys F-16 from decades. Thats why its funny to me why america piched F-16 (and named IN) to india. Friend there is no full TOT on F-16IN but there is full TOT on Rafael, Mig-35 and typhoon. So america got no chance. About F-35. Friend india will get that but for navy in future (not with full TOT. infact india wont get full TOT on F-35 ever). Pak-fa wont be for navy. Even when pak-fa would be build for navy it would take another 10years to get build. So F-35 got good chance for indian navy. Pak-fa would be land based and not for aircraft carriers.

Friend india wont pick F-16IN. Pakistan flys F-16 from decades.
I hope so too!
Thats why its funny to me why america piched F-16 (and named IN) to india.
Simple buisiness, they try to get some more money with that old airframe by integrating some newer techs.
Friend there is no full TOT on F-16IN but there is full TOT on Rafael, Mig-35 and typhoon. So america got no chance.
But there is no FULL ToT requirement, we want as much as possible and some contenders offers us full, but that doesn't mean the US fighters are out, because they only offer some.
About F-35. Friend india will get that but for navy in future (not with full TOT. infact india wont get full TOT on F-35 ever). Pak-fa wont be for navy. Even when pak-fa would be build for navy it would take another 10years to get build. So F-35 got good chance for indian navy. Pak-fa would be land based and not for aircraft carriers.
That's what I said, to produce the aircraft under licence one must get at least some ToT. But For such latest tecs like F35 US won't offer it, so no licence production. Of course we could buy some for navy, but these would be build in the US and again no ToT will be provided.
Pak Fa and also our FGFA will come as naval versions, that has been reported often before and we will need the time till they arrive to build the bigger carriers, so a 5. gen fighter for navy is not needed now.

Friend i never said 'Full TOT' on JSF F-35. Yes when asked about F-16IN america did said if india choose F-16IN than they will get JSF F-35 in future but after somedays some reporters asked what if india dont pick F-16IN? does it mean america wont sell jet fighters to india in future? Than america said if india wont pick F-16IN than america would make sure next time jet fighter would be different and even better. Now friend is there any jet fighter better than F-16IN? Answer is 'yes' and its JSF F-35. Just after hearing that our indian navy said they intrested in JSF F-35. i hope you got the hint my friend. Now about rafael. Friend u said Rafael not yet ready. is that true? Rafael already operational in afghanistan. F-16IN and F-18 super hornet aint gonna win. Do you think F-16IN and F-18 operational so india would pick them? Now
thats what i call 'funny'. By the way friend there is 'No F-16IN' ready yet. Cheers

y did u jumped on conclusion tht it will be F-35?? u trust Uncle Sam so much, it might be a diplomatic kinda statement hope is good but dreaming is not :cheesy:
i was Talking that AESA for Rafale is not ready :hitwall: & u ppl wont go for it without AESA hmmmm I know Rafale is operating in Afgh & it was not there in Aero India and then u ppl tried to play Cat & mouse with French :D
"Do you think F-16IN and F-18 operational so india would pick them? Now thats what i call 'funny' "
my god :hitwall: u mis understood me....

Last edited:
y did u jumped on conclusion tht it will be F-35?? u trust Uncle Sam so much, it might be a diplomatic kinda statement hope is good but dreaming is not :cheesy:
i was Talking that AESA for Rafale is not ready :hitwall: & u ppl wont go for it without AESA hmmmm I know Rafale is operating in Afgh & it was not there in Aero India and then u ppl tried to play Cat & mouse with French :D
"Do you think F-16IN and F-18 operational so india would pick them? Now thats what i call 'funny' "
my god :hitwall: u mis understood me....

My friend why wont america offer F-35 to india? 'indian ocean' aint going nowhere my friend. So america has to come towards india. Friend did u believe P-8I offered by america and india accepted it with big smile? P-8I aint old technology. infact america created something new and quickly offered it to india. Would that have been possible my friend? America intrested in indian navy due to 'indian ocean'. We will get what we want (atleast not until obama pack his bags and leaves white house after four years. He aint india supportive). Now friend F-16IN and F-18 wont win. Now about mig-35. They said they will provide india with Full TOT. My friend do u know Sukhoi-30MKI? Its build in india yet we beg engine from russia. So what is full TOT my friend? Russia aint got chance. Now rafael and typhoon left. Typhoon ready to make india 5th partner (in future). While rafael the real deal. Rafael ready to even provide engine that india can build at home. So rafael the one will win and if not than typhoon. Cheers.

My friend why wont america offer F-35 to india? 'indian ocean' aint going nowhere my friend. So america has to come towards india. Friend did u believe P-8I offered by america and india accepted it with big smile? P-8I aint old technology. infact america created something new and quickly offered it to india. Would that have been possible my friend? America intrested in indian navy due to 'indian ocean'. We will get what we want (atleast not until obama pack his bags and leaves white house after four years. He aint india supportive). Now friend F-16IN and F-18 wont win. Now about mig-35. They said they will provide india with Full TOT. My friend do u know Sukhoi-30MKI? Its build in india yet we beg engine from russia. So what is full TOT my friend? Russia aint got chance. Now rafael and typhoon left. Typhoon ready to make india 5th partner (in future). While rafael the real deal. Rafael ready to even provide engine that india can build at home. So rafael the one will win and if not than typhoon. Cheers.

ohh bahi F-35 is not even prepared fully & expecting even some ToT for F-35 is like day dreaming & , case of P8 is different from F-35 & in the end if u ppl have to settle for F-35 then Navalized version of FGFA will be great, according to the specifications of FGFA here on this forum FGFA can do a lot better than F-35, i think u'll agree with this & yes in case of MKI russians are not tht stupid tht they will let production of 230 A/Cs to go without their influence after all they will want to keep their monopoly over India weapons, they dont want India to produce everything by itself they dont want to loose a potential market like India under label of ToT :lol: & moreover i think ur Ignoring the political dimension of this deal, all these deals involve politics ;)

India begins $10.4 bln fighter jet trials - Yahoo! India News

Fri, Aug 21 05:11 PM
India started field trials to buy 126 fighter jets this week, defence officials said on Friday, moving forward on a $10.4 billion deal to modernise the air force.

Boeing's F/A-18 Super Hornet, France's Dassault Rafale, Lockheed Martin Corp's F-16, Russia's MiG-35, Sweden's Saab JAS-39 Gripen and the Eurofighter Typhoon, produced by a consortium of European companies, are in the race for the contract, one of the biggest in play.

"The trials have begun in full swing and it will take a year to complete it in different places and weather conditions," Nung Sanglemba Ao, a defence ministry official, told Reuters.

This week, two pilots are flying Boeing's Super Hornets in Bangalore to test the planes' manoeuvrability and effectiveness, defence officials said.

The aircraft will be tested in extreme cold conditions in the Himalayas and the hot and humid deserts of Rajasthan, an air force spokesman said.

India is one of the world's biggest arms importers, and its government plans to spend more than $30 billion over the next five years to upgrade its largely Soviet-era arsenal to counter potential threats from Pakistan and China.

Lockheed last year sold six C-130J military transport planes to India for about $1.1 billion, while Boeing has already sealed a $2.1 billion deal to sell eight maritime patrol aircraft

Some f-18 super hornet pics :tup:
e582b0d33013e47a7c59c54544ad867f.jpg

f18c_cvn74_20090411.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]/f18sh/f18outgoing_20081008.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

4bf4155edbb3bb523969308dd1b05ffb.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

f341e763c701f6c34fa32cf0d4954cff.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

cd3a85fbca1fc3a00cd2e1a339ffcc1a.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

7cf0022dd4c2629624b57425921e4175.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

41aad5abf61f01c8a9ba0d7fa035fffc.jpg

Rafale in IAF colors

53420a4d92049a11b7b71eae9fa9c289.jpg

Any new news, or pics about the F18SH trials? Would be interesting to know how satisfied our pilots are with the fighter, compared to more maneuverable Mig 29, or Su 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom