What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy-Buddy RAFALE

BgYXZE9IEAAOXWR.jpg:large

Probably that they are working to integrate EMALS on DCNS future carrier designed (the one shown at Defexpo). No clue.

Interim Budget: Defence allocation raised by 10%

Finance minister P Chidambaram has proposed a 10-per cent increase in the allocation for the defence ministry to help its modernisation drive.

Accordingly the defence allocation in the interim budget will go up to Rs2,24,000 crore, an increase of 10 per cent year-on-year...

These include a $20-billion (Rs1,25,000 crore) deal to acquire 126 multi-role combat aircraft for the Indian Air Force, which had to be postponed because of lack of funds...

domain-b.com : Interim Budget: Defence allocation raised by 10% to Rs2,24,000 crore

French know how to bleed us dry.
See Mirage upgrade fiasco.
Whats stopping them from doing the same with Rafale ?
If the deal is not to our satisfaction, I wouldn't be sad to see it cancelled.

So far nobody in the whole world thinks buying the Rafale is economical, other than the French themselves obviously.

We can get a combo of more MKIs,FGFA,Tejas or Typhoons as an alternative instead.

So far nobody in the whole world thinks buying the Rafale is economical

And neither does MoD or IAF, but that wasn't important for them anyway othwerwise they would had higher focus on costs and not on performance and industrial advantage and that's what Rafale will give us. From the 2 shortlisted choices, the Rafale is the clearly more economical choice though.

Even I was supporting EF, but now I'm okay with it except the price and attitude.

Hehe and currently I am routing more in favour for a revised EF offer, for more benefits, but I will be more than happy with Rafale too. :-)

French know how to bleed us dry.See Mirage upgrade fiasco.

Do you think IAF heads are stupid? there was another contender offer...

Even I was supporting EF, but now I'm okay with it except the price and attitude.

Explain precisely please, apart from a blog citing anonymous sources about price.

Hehe and currently I am routing more in favour for a revised EF offer, for more benefits, but I will be more than happy with Rafale too.

You realize this is a desperate attempt to break a done deal without credible offer, do you?

Why sudden change of heart mate.

Nothing special, just that I think that with the delays the EF could offer a better industrial and even technological potential for us, eventhough the costs might be higher. We have discussed that here a bit:

UK keen to offer Eurofighter to India | Page 6

Do you think IAF heads are stupid? there was another contender offer...

If you mean the Israeli offer, that was only for certain techs and weapons and still would had required Dassault to make the overhaul in the first place. And the missiles might not be suitable to the M2K.

You realize this is a desperate attempt to break a done deal without credible offer, do you?

The deal is not done, Rafale is "only" the prefered choice at the moment and I don't mean the reports about the EF partners, but am looking at the delays and what potential the EF consortium then would offer to India. And if the EF partners would put out a fully fledged offer now, the EF package turn out to be the better one.

Ok, very close done deal so as PR campaign from Bae (and these words arent mine)

Ok, very close done deal so as PR campaign from Bae (and these words arent mine)

I wouldn't be so sure about it, as I said I don't give that much about the PR campaign, but see the election as the bigger factor. That can change everything! From Rafale a handshake away of sealing the deal now (and I was warning for a long time that Dassault should speed up), to the EF coming back in the game when a new government is in power. In Brazil the president, the defence minister openly supported the Rafale, but then the election came and a nearly fixed deal went into new evaluation and now even to a major blow for Dassault. I really don't want the same to happen in India too, at least unless the offer for India is more favourable and the longer the selection takes, the better for the EF.

As "journalist" (minor one tbh), i can only repeat what i heared. Technically contracts are more or less wrapped, 50 to 200 ppl worked on it for 2 years.... And as a Dassault executive told me this summer, "we dont want to mess anything with India. If we are not def sure everything wont go smoothly, we won't sign. India is our oldest export customer"

executive is Matthieu Durand btw.

And as a Dassault executive told me this summer, "we dont want to mess anything with India.

They should had thought about that before the Reliance / HAL issue. Anyway, I'm gone for a 5 week trip to India, fixing the deal once and for all. :D

Take care everybody!
Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom