What's new

De-hyphenating India-Pakistan!!

would cutting off diplomatic and economic relations bring peace between India & Pakistan???

• Total voters
The IVC is an interesting syndrome.

The growth of the IVC narrative signifies somewhere the need to look beyond the religious plinth of nationhood as envisaged by the founding father and his two nation theory.

Maybe grown and been fostered in a time where the original narrative is either not enough, or probably facing stormy seas generically universally.

The irony of the revisionist not-India dissociation rationality of course being that most of the IVC bloodlines are currently in the east and south of India.

But lets not let reality come in the way of the forging of a national identity different and exclusive of the womb it was birthed and separated from.

We've had some epic IVC threads here in the past. @Bang Galore @Joe Shearer had quite copious contributions on the same.

I got out of it after being soundly trounced by Bang Galore. Now I have reviewed my earlier positions due to the influence of genetic investigations, but no longer have the time or energy to write the articles I used to.

vsdoc levina

I really wish you'd come on to PTH. It's improved.

Last edited:
I got out of it after being soundly trounced by Bang Galore. Now I have reviewed my earlier positions due to the influence of genetic investigations, but no longer have the time or energy to write the articles I used to.

vsdoc levina

This has been a favored watering hole for this tiger sir. For quite some time now. And I do believe I still have some residual love and bile I need to get out of my system before moving to more "genteel" climes.

But the waters are increasingly rancid with a variety of new simple-celled microbes.

Why don't you spend some time here with us, and if the microbes cannot be quarantined and inactivated, maybe migrate?

P.S. Its so nice to open my laptop on a Sunday morning and see your name pop up in my alerts.

vsdoc levina

PTH??? :what:
This has been a favored watering hole for this tiger sir. For quite some time now. And I do believe I still have some residual love and bile I need to get out of my system before moving to more "genteel" climes.

But the waters are increasingly rancid with a variety of new simple-celled microbes.

Why don't you spend some time here with us, and if the microbes cannot be quarantined and inactivated, maybe migrate?
Mutating virus too
need help!!! :help: @Joe Shearer
P.S. Its so nice to open my laptop on a Sunday morning and see your name pop up in my alerts.
Right!
Its good to see @Joe Shearer sir after so long. :)

No Levi we can
The issue complicated as the years passed by.
Alas, its too late now.
The issue complicated as the years passed by.
Aanalyss too late now.

We can still revive it but the cross border firing doesn't allow us .. But @vsdoc why do you analys that kargil was the peak of our time ...do you think its supposed to be given a thumps up or ameloirated?

@Oscar you are speaking of a generation. What after that?

Anybody speaking of Kashmir or kargil has absolutely no idea how matters of state work... Including the so called veterans..

But @vsdoc why do you analys that kargil was the peak of our time ...do you think its supposed to be given a thumps up or ameloirated?

@Dash coming back to this thread after some time now. So would be great if you could quote the specific post of mine to which you are responding to.

I did not actually understand what you are asking. Neither what nor the context.

I did not actually understand what you are asking. Neither what nor the context.
Lol
You're not the first, at times Dashy's posts whoosh over my head too.
No Levi we can
Ofcourse its not impossible to reconcile. But for the time being India should stop giving Pakistan the attention it craves for. Infact I'm happy that Modi did not mention Pakistan during his speech in UN. For once, Inida has realized that it can not afford to remain stuck in history.

Lol
You're not the first, at times Dashy's posts whoosh over my head too.

Ofcourse its not impossible to reconcile. But for the time being India should stop giving Pakistan the attention it craves for. Infact I'm happy that Modi did not mention Pakistan during his speech in UN. For once, Inida has realized that it can not afford to remain stuck in history.

Sorry For replying late....its good for India to get Pakistan stuck with its Kashmir history... And we can drag on.....suits just fine ..

The true story about Pakistan is coming out and its not long when Pakistan's story will come out in public domain....I'm just biting my nails onleee....

The only hyphenation remaining now is that we used to be one people at one time.

Practically speaking, the Indo-Pak type hyphenation from my school and college days is long over.

I have seen a systematic de-enagagement and peripheralizing of Pakistan by successive Indian administrations over the past 15 years now.

Kargil was the peak of our engagement. There has been a marked cooling off since then.

There is no desire for peace with Pakistan anymore at the level of the lay populace. Apathy, indifference, and a desire for escalated payback and disproportionate retribution has taken root.

Especially amongst the 20 and 30 year olds.

For the younger kids, the teens and the under tens, its a detached limbo place of bad stuff they keep hearing about. They never saw Kargil, and all they've seen is 26/11. And for their generation, Pakistan is 26/11.

This is that post doc....
You categorically decided yourself to be the guardians of collective ideology of the nation by age...

But the generation you spoke of..specially teens where you said Pakistan is all about 26/11 I ask u( I'm 35) what was Pakistan for us....

This is that post doc....
You categorically decided yourself to be the guardians of collective ideology of the nation by age...

But the generation you spoke of..specially teens where you said Pakistan is all about 26/11 I ask u( I'm 35) what was Pakistan for us....

Part of the fun of being an active biker and not a more vintage congruent golfer is that I have friends of my son's age (late teens), in their 20s, and in their 30s.

So yes, I can an do speak about the different junior generations because when you ride together you learn about the other guy and what makes him tick.

Unless it is your position that my sampling is impossibly small and I would need to meet and speak to at least a few thousands from each generation before having the opportunity to speak about them.

Your generation is not much different to mine. Only less attachment to the idea of a single people.

@Oscar you are speaking of a generation. What after that?.

Entirely upto the generation that follows.

And this is not specific to either India or Pakistan. The entire world is now shaped by facebook trends and shares, by tweets and 5 minute youtube videos. The newer generations are being more polarized into groups where being ignorant of anything beyond what you deem important and rejecting anything that does not confirm to your world view is at times important to be in with the "cool" kids(whosoever) they are.

Contrary to the various TeD talks and other "intelligensia". The youth of tomorrow, all around the world and in India and Pakistan; are not becoming more aware, they are becoming less rebellious and more aware of everything meaningless. When I say meaningless, I refer to the need to simply do the basics and move on without bothering to research truth or falsehood.
When droves upon droves of Teens, Young adults and even facebook mommies in India and Pakistan can put rainbow colours on their profile pictures while being openly homophobic... I can only imagine what these people are willing to accept as normal in terms of diplomacy and international relations?

Today's youth is liable to reject a potential suitor with a swipe of their finger on Tinder and look at a hundred without even thinking of delving into personality; are these people then expected to even care about the faces of humanity on either side of the border?

The only generation that has the power to actually reach some reasonable agreement between India/Pakistan are those whose grandparents were split up; those who are in positions of decisions. They carry that baggage enough but not too much of the angst, they also carry the common connections with them.

Anything beyond that is best confined to pages like "Humans of New York" where they can make socially acceptable comments on "how we never thought Pakistanis were like that" in the hope of gaining many likes on facebook.
Hell be damned if in reality 500 Pakistanis are brutally killed in a terror attack to them, that does not matter for their social media image.

If it any hope. it is now the same all over the world.

Whereas previously one could expect an extreme 10% on one end and the other.... and 30-40% varying degrees of informed but unsure.. and 5% well balanced folk who know the true picture and what is the best to be done with the remaining sheep.
We now have that 5% at 10%.. but some 40% at the extreme.. with the rest sheep or even honeybee drones.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom