What's new

Dedicated Electronic Warfare aircrafts in PAF

which a/c in PAF inventory will use the MAR-1 and the AGM-88 HARM in our inventory?

Mar-1 would most probably go with Mirages & JF-17s, while AGM-88s would be for the F-16s as US won't allow it to be mated with any other platform.

Some members did mention that Mar-1 has already been integrated with JF-17, which makes sense also, since JF-17s of first 2 Sqds are for ground attack purposes.

According to the Dawn newspaper, the Pentagon has awarded a $78.2 million contract to supply Pakistan with electronic warfare systems for the countries F-16s.

The purchase will be made under the Foreign Military Sales Programme. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) has yet to release any announcements.

In a statement issued on Tuesday evening, the Pentagon identified the primary contractor as ITT, which has over half century of multi-platform experience in electronic warfare.

Pakistan has selected the ALQ-211(V) 4 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite known by its acronym AIDEWS.

The Pentagon said the ALQ-211(V) 4 will be used on the F-16 aircraft Pakistan is buying from the United States. ITT will also supply spares, support equipment, training, engineering services, flight test support and data.

The ALQ-211 alerts the pilot to foil radar threats by seeing the radar before it sees him, says John Dench, director of marketing for ITT Electronic Systems

The Pakistani government has already provided $39 million to ITT for this contract. The equipment will be fitted to the F-16s at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico.

Recently, the ALQ-211 (V) 4 system was installed and integrated aboard 10 Peace Puma F-16s delivered to Chile.

you Just don't put a Jamming pod on an aircraft and call it a EW dedicated war plane..:no:

if the Jamming pod and the aircraft radar are not synchronized like a Swiss watch the Jamming pod will interfere with the JF-17 own radar...:coffee:

What did i say ?

What about JF-17s equipped with KG-300G Jamming pod as well as a full custom built EW suite like Growler.

The advantage of having a fighter jet is that it can go faster and can change location where needed quite quickly. It can operate under protection of other AC's where AWACS cannot in the enemy territory -

Change your reading glasses.

i also believe pakistan should accure atleast two dedicated squadrons of EW systems from USA

you Just don't put a Jamming pod on an aircraft and call it a EW dedicated war plane..:no:

if the Jamming pod and the aircraft radar are not synchronized like a Swiss watch the Jamming pod will interfere with the JF-17 own radar...:coffee:

But then arent the strap on jammers independent of the aircraft other then being turned on...?

Thank you
4 planes now by end of 2012 6 with upgrades.

I have a doubt sir.. do PAF and IAF exchange the base information or it is kept secret? and from your exp how long did it take for you to reach from PAF base to IAF base in the west?

The Pakistani government has already provided $39 million to ITT for this contract. The equipment will be fitted to the F-16s at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico.

but the blk 52's are under delivery!!!
maybe these suites are for the MLU a/c?

if our enemies come up with new suite of Radars and homing missiles, then it becomes race against time to learn that signal pattern and then make effective jammers based on that. Its a constant evolving warfare where one has to learn what their enemies is making and then based on that make effective countermeasures...

I dont believe like many of the forumer here has stated that US made ALQ-211V4 can effectively jam all the different Ku,F,C,X or numerous ohter bands out there.... if that was the case, then our enemies wouldve cried a lot. i am sure Greenpine radar cannot be jammed with this ECCM as it wouldve made our rivals very unnerved...

Bottom line is, that Pakistan has to gather as many possible signatures out there through their SIGINT/ELINT based aircrafts, or through satellites, and then based on that use the inhouse talent or work with chinese to come up with effective jammers.

This will go a long way in making our rivals C-in-C and AD structure ineffective incase of hostilities...

There are 5 more version after ALQ-211V4 which pakistan is getting.

i tried to get some details on the term wide band frequency interception by this pod but didnt find any details on the spectrum it can analyze and jam... does someone has any details on this pod?

i am looking what frequency bands it can intercept and jam...

i am pretty sure its limited in nature and not top of the notch pod !!! can anyone make my statment wrong ?

But then arent the strap on jammers independent of the aircraft other then being turned on...?
No..:no: and you guys are in a world of trouble if India selects the Growler EA war plane, because this plane has the best jammers in the world, not even an F-22 was able to get a lock in and because of that the Growler was able to get close and score a DogFight kill...:sniper:

According to the Dawn newspaper, the Pentagon has awarded a $78.2 million contract to supply Pakistan with electronic warfare systems for the countries F-16s.

The purchase will be made under the Foreign Military Sales Programme. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) has yet to release any announcements.

In a statement issued on Tuesday evening, the Pentagon identified the primary contractor as ITT, which has over half century of multi-platform experience in electronic warfare.

Pakistan has selected the ALQ-211(V) 4 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite known by its acronym AIDEWS.

The Pentagon said the ALQ-211(V) 4 will be used on the F-16 aircraft Pakistan is buying from the United States. ITT will also supply spares, support equipment, training, engineering services, flight test support and data.

The ALQ-211 alerts the pilot to foil radar threats by seeing the radar before it sees him, says John Dench, director of marketing for ITT Electronic Systems

Recently, the ALQ-211 (V) 4 system was installed and integrated aboard 10 Peace Puma F-16s delivered to Chile.

this was notified by DSCA in 2008 - check their archives!

if our enemies come up with new suite of Radars and homing missiles, then it becomes race against time to learn that signal pattern and then make effective jammers based on that. Its a constant evolving warfare where one has to learn what their enemies is making and then based on that make effective countermeasures...

I dont believe like many of the forumer here has stated that US made ALQ-211V4 can effectively jam all the different Ku,F,C,X or numerous ohter bands out there.... if that was the case, then our enemies wouldve cried a lot. i am sure Greenpine radar cannot be jammed with this ECCM as it wouldve made our rivals very unnerved...

Bottom line is, that Pakistan has to gather as many possible signatures out there through their SIGINT/ELINT based aircrafts, or through satellites, and then based on that use the inhouse talent or work with chinese to come up with effective jammers.

This will go a long way in making our rivals C-in-C and AD structure ineffective incase of hostilities...

Thats is ISI's work...Even if they done it already..we wont know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom