Status
Not open for further replies.

VCheng

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I found this news story interesting:

Excerpt from: India blocks Tribune blog exposing Burma ‘Muslim killings’ – The Express Tribune

Defence.pk hit by DoS attacks after list leak

Defence.pk is also another Pakistani website that was blocked by the Indian government. An administrator of the website informed The Express Tribune that they were facing Distributed Denial of Service Attacks (DDoS) since the list had been leaked.

The administrator said that this was the largest attack since the website had been launched, adding that conducting such an attack was a costly affair and that it proved that someone with enough resources was behind it. They added that tracing the sources was not possible unless a high profile agency conducted an international investigation.

The administrator hoped that the Indian government would reconsider the block as they were not doing “anything shady” and were upholding “noble ideals”.

Costly? How could typing code on a keyboard cost money?
Sorry for my noobishness

hmmm... exposing burma killing ??

well i think you should say India blocked site for spreading hate and brainwashing people...
btw i'm in India and i can browse both site...

Costly? How could typing code on a keyboard cost money?
Sorry for my noobishness

DDoS attack requires large servers, costly internet connections (now multiply that by 100 or 1000).

This website does not consider itself in an adversarial role to India. People are free to debate as they want on this forum and sometimes it will be pro sometimes against India as it is often pro and against Pakistan. It is the the member's/poster's/debater's views only.

Unfortunately some people mistakenly got motivated to DDoS us due to this list, we hope the attacks would end soon and we can get back to regular posting.

I've a feeling that GOI is using present assam riots and subsequent exodus of northeast people as a reason to curb internet freedom.For long since 2010 onwards GOI and its mouthpiece English main stream media are facing flak from indians coz of involvement of its ministers/famous media jurnos in Radia tapes scandal and the expose of new scams every other day from congress led upa govt.For long GOI has been unable to curb the internet freedom which exposes it daily. Assam riots has provided it with golden opportunity.
Easiest way is to blame pakistan/bangladesh and ban some sites instead of taking a responsibility and accepting the fact that congress govt has failed its citizenry.And Indians are fool in in swallowing GOI's theory hook line and sinker.

Yesterday I was trying to access def.pk and it kept going to Indonesian defence site.

defence.pk getting famous congrats all members :yahoo:

Yesterday most of the day it was saying website is offline could this attack be a reason behind

Bans do not serve any goals well. It is far better to discuss and remain engaged than deny access.

It did not ban the whole defense.pk, or facebook, youtube or so. It banned the particular thing which GoI saw as not a good thing to present or a 'propaganda', used as a catalyst for creating problems. No problems at all.

Unfortunately some people mistakenly got motivated to DDoS us due to this list, we hope the attacks would end soon and we can get back to regular posting.

And I guess the different reasons

However you are using the leak report very effectively. ;)

Post a few Danish cartoons on your site of the Prophet (PBUH) and you will get a similar attention from your own govt too.. May get some of your folks arrested for blasphemy as well.. The point being that there are red lines and there are red lines. Some may seem ridiculous but they exist..

What about you do it on your side with your religious figures ... Will see how they treat you ...

Post a few Danish cartoons on your site of the Prophet (PBUH) and you will get a similar attention from your own govt too.. May get some of your folks arrested for blasphemy as well.. The point being that there are red lines and there are red lines. Some may seem ridiculous but they exist..

What about you do it on your side with your religious figures ... Will see how they treat you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom