What's new

Delhi rocks by Blasts

how else do you think GOI are gonna gain sympathy from audience?

never knew goi owned ndtv thanks for heads up . hey may be goi also control all the international news houses which showed the blast pic or reported it .or a better one may be it is the hindu jew lobby at work for gaining sympathy

Sat, Sep 13, 2008

Islamabad, Sep 13 (IANS) Pakistan has condemned the serial blasts in New Delhi Saturday in which at least nine people were killed and over 80 injured.

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani while condemning the blasts said that it was a cowardly act by the enemies of humanity. 'We share the grief of the bereaved families and the people and the government of India,' the prime minister said in a statement.

Television reports said President Asif Ali Zardari who is on a private visit to Britain also condemned the blasts that took place in crowded market places in the Indian capital.

Former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) head Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain also condemned the explosions, urging collective efforts to fight terrorism.

Hi Guys..
Yesterady was my first day in this forum an d today i found that my posts are deleted by some Admin #$%# guy.. Wow .. I am really amazed by his act of cowardiness.. May i know form that guy why MY POST GET DELETED............. GIVE ME THE F&*(&& REASON...

can any one please tell me the name of the bomb defusing machine which was used for defusing the unexploded bomb found at c.p .it looked like a mine gas chamber lol........

Not Sure about the name of this Bomb Disposal machine...it's meant for lessening the impact of explosion, before detonating it.

The picture in your post shows, A bomb disposal squad member is placing a live bomb inside a bomb disposal machine.

and the picture below shows ...what happens afterwards....

One can see the glass panels intact in the background while the bomb is being detonated...thats because the disposal machine ensures that the impact is negligible

Last edited:
Hi Guys..
Yesterady was my first day in this forum an d today i found that my posts are deleted by some Admin #$%# guy.. Wow .. I am really amazed by his act of cowardiness.. May i know form that guy why MY POST GET DELETED............. GIVE ME THE F&*(&& REASON...

Read forum rules carefully and you'll understand.

Read forum rules carefully and you'll understand.

I have read forum rules... Now its ur turn to tell me the reasons for deleting the post..
Where and how I didn't respect the rules...

GIVE ME REASONS..

A very sad incident indeed. Innocent people paying for what their govt does.

Last edited:

Sify News | 14 Sep 2008

Mumbai: An Air India call centre in Delhi received calls threatening that Mumbai would be "bombed" shortly after the blasts in the national capital, a company spokesman said here today.

"Our call centre in Delhi received two calls yesterday around 7.00 pm. The caller threatened to bomb Mumbai," he said.

"Following the receipt of the call we passed on the information to the city police and also beefed up security at our offices," the spokesman said.

Accordingly, Delhi and Mumbai police and other concerned agencies were informed, he said.

"We have also beefed up security at our establishments," the official added.

Five blasts rocked Delhi's market areas last evening killing 21 people and injuring 97 others.

can any one please tell me the name of the bomb defusing machine which was used for defusing the unexploded bomb found at c.p .it looked like a mine gas chamber lol........

Here is the bomb defusing machine with which the bomb was defused :enjoy:

With a brick, constable defuses bomb

Ashok Kumar

NEW DELHI: A major tragedy was averted when constable Suresh Kumar defused a bomb planted in a dustbin outside Regal cinema in Connaught Place on Saturday.

Dinesh Bhatnagar, a gatekeeper at Regal cinema, said: “The evening show had just begun when we got news of the serial blasts and the theatre was evacuated. I too came out and stood on the road near the main gate. Soon I saw two rag-pickers searching the waste in a dustbin. One of them took out a black polythene bag from the dustbin and told his friend that there was a clock inside it. Beat constable Suresh Kumar who happened to be standing close-by overheard the conversation. He immediately snatched the polythene bag and pulled the rag-picker back.”

Mr. Kumar immediately took out the bomb from the polythene bag, broke the clock with a brick lying nearby and dismantled it. Bomb disposal squads also reached the spot a little later.

The Hindu : Front Page : With a brick, constable defuses bomb

:tup: for the constable. he should be awarded for saving life of the people.

Here is the bomb defusing machine with which the bomb was defused :enjoy:

Mr. Kumar immediately took out the bomb from the polythene bag, broke the clock with a brick lying nearby and dismantled it. Bomb disposal squads also reached the spot a little later.

:tup: for the constable. he should be awarded for saving life of the people.

Pretty logical step he took...the idea is to destroy the timer device ...in this case the clock...and then destroy the bomb by controlled detonation which is what was done

By the way....this is more detailed version of what happenned at Regal Cinema

Timely intervention by four policemen prevented sixth blast
By Mayank Aggarwal New Delhi | September 14, 2008 3:35:06 PM IST

No fear can drive me away from duty," said Constable Suresh Kumar, who was among four policemen who detected -- and defused -- a live bomb at the Regal building in Connaught Place showing exemplary presence of mind and courage.

Assistant sub-inspector Mahendra Singh, head constable P.N. Subhash and constables Suresh Kumar and Praveen Sharma swung into action to search the central business district of the national capital within minutes of the blasts in the Central Park in Connaught Place.

The four policemen posted at the Connaught Place station were on duty at the Regal Cinema hall when the blast took place at the Central Park.

"We immediately searched the two dustbins (one blue and one green) kept on the left side of the hall... and then we searched the dustbins on the right side. There we recovered a bomb from the green dustbin," Praveen Sharma told IANS.

However, it was Suresh Kumar who without any second thought immediately pulled out the wires thus breaking the circuit of the bomb and defusing it.

"I just had to do my duty so I didn't think anything else," Suresh Kumar told IANS.

Kumar, a native of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, revealed that his family was worried about his safety.

Describing what exactly happened at that time, Praveen Sharma said: "Suresh Kumar immediately pulled out the black and green wires of the bomb and threw the red clock of Prince-make away."

"We then immediately placed sand bags over the black material (explosives) to which the circuit was attached," Sharma added.

They then informed the Bomb Disposal squad which soon arrived and placed further protective layerings over the explosives. The NSG and the BDS later disposed of the bomb late Saturday night.

The NSG revealed to the police that the explosives used in the bomb discovered at the Regal building were the most powerful among those placed in Connaught Place.

"The presence of mind of the four is commendable seeing that the area around Regal building is one of the busiest in Connaught Place... their action averted a deadly blast," said Ravi Sharma, manager of Regal cinema.

Another live bomb was found near Regal Cinema hall later Saturday and was also defused.

At any time of the day, several hundred people can be found in the Regal building area. Both Suresh and Praveen stated that the training imparted to them proved handy Saturday.

"Whatever training we got at the police academy came handy at the time of defusing the bomb," said Praveen, who hails from Agra in Uttar Pradesh.
Praveen had joined Delhi police six years ago while Suresh Kumar joined Delhi police in 1994.

Asked about any out of turn promotion or prize incentive for the policemen, Deputy Commissioner of police (New Delhi) Anand Mohan told IANS: "We are thinking over it... it's a policy decision to be taken at headquarters. We will definitely be doing something for them." ma/dg

http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/World/20080914/1052751.html

Last edited:
Pretty logical step he took...the idea is to detroy the timer device ...in this case the clock...and then destroy the bomb by controlled detonation which is what was done

Indeed no dispute over that dear Sir Dhani

What the hell? Why are they showing these pictures? Have these people lost their minds?

I agree, I do not know what the cultural norm is to such pictures in India, hence added that warning sign to protect cultural sensitivities.

I agree, I do not know what the cultural norm is to such pictures in India, hence added that warning sign to protect cultural sensitivities.

The least they can do is have some respect for the privacy of the victims. I'm sure nobody appreciates the blood-soaked bodies of their loved ones (or themselves) being splashed across front pages.

Back
Top Bottom