What's new

Despite its problems, Xi’s China is a vast improvement from the past

This statement applies to each and every country and their respective leaders.

nope...

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 7.25.10 PM.jpeg

Most probably, his several predecessors registered similar curves, but one can argue they achieved them due to a low based, the bigger the economy becomes, the harder a high growth rate can be maintained.

_20230129172731-png.913864

Not everything is about GDP. China's growth model before Xi was unsustainable anyway. And China's labor force just happened to start shrinking under Xi's watch, which he is powerless against too.

Last edited:
Not everything is about GDP. China's growth model before Xi was unsustainable anyway. And China's labor force just happened to start shrinking under Xi's watch, which he is powerless against too.
You sound like a broken western record, how long is sustainable ? China lifted over 800 people out of poverty in the past 40 years, half a century is not sustainable? how long of the history of Singapore all together?

You sound like a broken western record, how long is sustainable ? China lifted over 800 people out of poverty in the past 40 years, half a century is not sustainable? how long of the history of Singapore all together?

Why are you so mad? China's property price and household debt growth was already a growing problem before Xi. What has Singapore got to do with this?

Why are you so mad? China's property price and household debt growth was already a growing problem before Xi. What has Singapore got to do with this?

No, I just want to know what do you mean "unsustainable", is 40 years not enough? can you put a time limit on sustainability?

No, I just want to know what do you mean "unsustainable", is 40 years not enough? can you put a time limit on sustainability?

温家宝说,近些年来,中国经济保持了平稳、较快的发展,但无论是过去还是将来,都不是评功摆好的时候。

他说,中国经济存在着巨大问题,依然是不稳定、不平衡、不协调、不可持续的结构性的问题

温家宝表示,所谓不稳定,就是投资增长率过高,信贷投放过多,货币流动性过大,外贸和国际收支不平衡;所谓不平衡,就是城乡之间、地区之间、经济与社会发展之间不平衡;所谓不协调,就是一、二、三产业不协调,投资与消费之间不协调,经济增长过多的依赖于投资和外贸出口;所谓不可持续,就是中国还没能很好地解决节能降耗问题和生态环境问题。

So Wen Jiabao is a broken Western record now?

1682346429132.png

1682346449501.png

1682346479406.png

I was not talking about any specific leader, leaders can also have their own personal opinions, I m asking about why you claim that China's development mode is not sustainable, what's the time limit for "not being sustainable"?

温家宝表示,所谓不稳定,就是投资增长率过高,信贷投放过多,货币流动性过大,外贸和国际收支不平衡;所谓不平衡,就是城乡之间、地区之间、经济与社会发展之间不平衡;所谓不协调,就是一、二、三产业不协调,投资与消费之间不协调,经济增长过多的依赖于投资和外贸出口;所谓不可持续,就是中国还没能很好地解决节能降耗问题和生态环境问题。

Why you avoid answering this simple question? what's the time limit for "not being sustainable"?

Why do I have to answer your question which makes no sense? When you say eating junk food is unsustainable, you have to give a timeline? I have already provided the reasons (from your leaders nevertheless) and the stats. The fact that China has to slow down to Poland/Malaysian levels of 4-5%+ GDP growth proves that the previous economic model was unsustainable, and has to transition to consumption-led growth.

1682346429132-png.926093

1682346479406-png.926095

Almost ~7x in housing loans in 9 years.

1681660739153-png.925022

1681660969823-png.925023

1681663161533-png.925034

1681663273377-png.925035

In Singapore, the annual median household income can buy you around 21.95 sqm of housing area (HDB).
In HK, the annual median household income can buy you around 1.94 sqm of housing area.
In Beijing, the annual median household income can buy you around 2.69 sqm of housing area.
In Shenzhen, the annual median household income can buy you around 1.77 sqm of housing area.

People are complaining about housing affordability everywhere in Singapore, and yet in Chinese first-tier cities housing affordability is like 10x worse. It's pretty obvious the Chinese real estate is in a huge bubble. You know it's a huge social issue when affordability is 10x worse than densely populated Singapore, and you can see why their fertility rate is only ~0.8 in the cities.

Why do I have to answer your question which makes no sense? When you say eating junk food is unsustainable, you have to give a timeline? I have already provided the reasons (from your leaders nevertheless) and the stats. The fact that China has to slow down to Poland/Malaysian levels of 4-5%+ GDP growth proves that the previous economic model was unsustainable, and has to transition to consumption-led growth.
You claim that China's development model not sustainable makes no sense, it's already been around for 40 plus years and lifted over 800 million people out of poverty, pushing China from one of the poorest countries to upper middle level group, so what's your definition for sustainability?

what's your definition for sustainability?

Not something like this.

1682346429132-png.926093

1682346479406-png.926095

And btw, I didn't say the whole 40+ years of growth was unsustainable. These investment and household debt growth started only after the 08GFC to prop up GDP growth.

You believe US economy is more sustainable than China's? are you kidding me?

Not something like this.

1682346479406-png.926095
Then what? sustainability means how long it can last, it's already been around for over 4 decades, still not sustainable in your dictionary? so what 's your definition?

You think Singapore is sustainable?
6.69 AgO:/ 新加坡老华人道真言,中国人缺乏自信心盲听文宣,我的根就在中国。# 海外视频分享 # 海外视频 # 新加坡 # 街头拍摄 # 美国 # 抖音看世界 # 生活百态 https://v.douyin.com/DUsSsrx/ 复制此链接,打开Dou音搜索,直接观看视频!

China would have still improved with or without Xi.

Xi saved China from the brink of a color revolution, anti-corruption is only part of it, so far it has not ended. Now that the financial system is being cleaned up, the propaganda department and the education system will be cleaned up.

This is the main reason why the United States has changed its face towards China. The United States has been preparing for the color revolution in China for decades, and they didn't worried about China's development at all.

Xi made America's plan a complete failure, and America found out too late.

1682346429132-png.926093

1682346479406-png.926095

Almost ~7x in housing loans in 9 years.

1681660739153-png.925022

1681660969823-png.925023

1681663161533-png.925034

1681663273377-png.925035
So, Chinas development in the 40 years is like people eating junk food to you ? What is stupid comparison that is nothing but just want to put down anything Chinese and China has done is your mission.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom