What's new

Destroyed Pak Army tank in Buner

General Fujita

Reaction score
Guy, im shocked. I guess this is the reason decision has been made to deploy al khalids to the frontline.

Last edited by a moderator:
that place is full of anti tank landmines bobby traps and IEd against which American cudnt do any thing what will our poorly equiped toyota hiluxz will do !!! the tank that was shown in the picture was not AL KHALID but a T 59 upgrade and was hit but 2 anti tank mines on the main buner highway . All the tank crew survived and sustained minor injuries .

T-59s are basically obsolete - the 300 or so in inventory are only used for training purposes and are no more front-line tanks. a RPG-7 can bust a hole in its side - several such types have been lost in the recent battles.

Zarrars and T-80UDs are now being used in the War!

so with these news tanks being used.. do they have some kind of jammers or better armour??

I never said it was an al khalid. [looking at the tank shown] i said this this the reason decision has been made to deploy al khalids [due to the ever growing militant threat].

so with these news tanks being used.. do they have some kind of jammers or better armour??

lots of self protection, automatic fire-control system, NV capability, more speed, you name it. 125mm smooth-bore gun.:enjoy:

Guerilla war country is where tanks are most vulnerable to anti armour weapons.

They need to be deployed and backed up with infantry units to flush out terrorist anti tank teams.

Plus given the look of the armour and road wheels I'm guesiing that is an Al Zarrar.

Besides the quick flash by of the tank wreck one thing I noticed the huge number of civilian vehicles blown up burnt out etc.
The whole image presented in that vid would leave me thinking the Security forcers did the damage to all these civilian vehicles.

But I did like the bit that all you needed was a rifle to get rid of the militants..:enjoy:

Looks like the Al-Zarrar was hit with an IED, the tracks on one side are blown to ash. And I see no damage on the turret other than that caused by internal fires.

This tank seemed to be hit with a buried IED either on the side while it was rolling. At the same time it seems that it was also pounded by RPG-7 from two sides, front and the side which is why we see charred blackness in the front and the pile of burnt dust at the side. Otherwise the tank seems to be rather in good shape considering the fact the ferocity of the attack on it. Also with the hatches open in a proper manner seems also that the crew has survived.

This is the reason that the Pakistan Army should demand wheeled MRAP's from the USA that have remotely controlled weapons station on top with 0.50 or 30 caliber guns that can decimate the opponents without having to expose the machine gunner of the 0.50 cal gun of the tank.

This tank is an AL-ZARRAR whihc has been upgraded from The T-59 chassis of 105mm gun and now fitted with 125mm gun. The tank damage is however repairable from what is being shown in this video.

Guys... how long will it take to flush Taliban out of Pakistan? How many soldiers do the Taliban have and how much civilian support do they hold??? Is there any Taliban outside Swat valley or they are spread all over western border??

This tank seemed to be hit with a buried IED either on the side while it was rolling. At the same time it seems that it was also pounded by RPG-7 from two sides, front and the side which is why we see charred blackness in the front and the pile of burnt dust at the side. Otherwise the tank seems to be rather in good shape considering the fact the ferocity of the attack on it. Also with the hatches open in a proper manner seems also that the crew has survived.

This is the reason that the Pakistan Army should demand wheeled MRAP's from the USA that have remotely controlled weapons station on top with 0.50 or 30 caliber guns that can decimate the opponents without having to expose the machine gunner of the 0.50 cal gun of the tank.

This tank is an AL-ZARRAR whihc has been upgraded from The T-59 chassis of 105mm gun and now fitted with 125mm gun. The tank damage is however repairable from what is being shown in this video.

almost all tanks which have suffered damage are repairable so far!

Guys... how long will it take to flush Taliban out of Pakistan? How many soldiers do the Taliban have and how much civilian support do they hold??? Is there any Taliban outside Swat valley or they are spread all over western border??

4000 to 5000 in swat.
they had some public support which they have lost almost completely
dont know how long will it take. if all the civillians have been evacuated then shouldnt take more than a month otherwise it might take some while

Back
Top Bottom