What's new

Dhaka is so tiny, and crowded, but there are gobs of unused land North-East, and North-West of the city

Paul2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How does Bangladesh's land policy work?

I do see from Google maps, there are some meek attempts at organised development, but otherwise these are open fields.

I realised that Dhaka is a very populous city, but it only now struck me how physically small it is if you don't count adjacent districts.

BD should build a new capital on stilts. At least 20 to 30 feet above ground level.

Why? Dhaka is 23 meters above sea level.
Sorry I was wrong, the stilts should be 24 meters high and will protect against flooding as well as global warming. The other choice is Chitacong hills, as they are about 3,000 meters above sea level.

At least 20 to 30 feet above ground level.
24 meters high
need to revisit your math (or units) here.
1645319791741.png

Who own that unused land must be very rich

Heck even in Jakarta we still have paddy field around 700 hectares :D

People were mocking me when I called Dhaka "crowded". The hypocrisy....

Sorry I was wrong, the stilts should be 24 meters high and will protect against flooding as well as global warming. The other choice is Chitacong hills, as they are about 3,000 meters above sea level.
cerebrally challenged? Sorry can't help you there.

Bangladesh urgently need multiple cities. Dhaka is half in size to Hyderabad but twice as populated. I think Hyderabad is over populated. Imagine how miserable it would be in Dhaka for its populace.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom