What's new

Dhaka must protest at Delhi’s insulting Bangladesh war narrative

That is so selfish So you are saying you joined Pakistan just so you could form your own country later on by betraying Pakistan and joining hands with its enemy India to make Pakistan suffer embarassing defeat :o:. You could have told me this earlier in that 71 thread then I wouldn't have argued further with Anubis and you. I find it very sad. Anyways, just so you know these same Urdu-speaking UP and Bihari Muslims who are treated like animals in your country and forced to live in horrid conditions were the first ones to raise their voice against atrocities on Bengali Muslims during Assam riots and forced government to take note of it, not your Bengali Hindus from West Bengal who were busy celebrating their deaths on fb and calling for extermination of "Kangaldeshi" Muslims from Assam

The original proposal in Lahore by sher e Bangla had multiple Muslim countries in it. It is Jinnah's failure that he couldn't see the future.

Why only a 1500 death of the so-called brave Indian Army? We have seen who and what are these soldiers. Muktis were directed to face the frontal assault by the PA Jawans, while IA helped them from behind by firing with heavy artillery. "Tum age jao, ham piche se apka madad karega" was the moto of IA. IA joined the our war at a time when the paddy was ripe and IA harvested without a pain.

We saw also the morals of a kind of coward soldiers all of whom were too afraid of entering east Pakistan without Muktis besides them. I wonder, what IA can do in case of a India-Pak war although Bengal Regiment troops are not with the PA.

U know what? Farting through mouth is very easy :lol: Infact Naga regiment and Tibetian regiments played crucial roles in surgical strikes inside BD to cut of supply lines.

I anyway dont need to prove to anyone what IA did out there. Like I said before we want BD to free of terrorism that is plauging other Muslim countries and stop illegal migration. Dot.

Yea the author forgot the fact that in addition to 1500 soldiers (Doubt that figure) who died, providing food and shelter to 9 million refugees, training and arming of Mukthis.

We dont need BD to be Indian slave or anything like that. Just dont threaten Indian NE and stop illegal migration.
Yeah and fought from 26 November to defeat Pakistan right?

Comparing apples to oranges. If India didn't interfere, Pakistan would have continued its campaign, because BD was a part of Pakistan, thus Pakistan wouldn't be going anywhere. The US was in foreign territory, Pakistan was not.
Highly unlikely

Had Pakistanis in the other side treated Bengalis as equals from the beginning then there would be no Bangladesh today. But a united Pakistan.

Sadly that didn't happen. We and our culture were seen as inferior. We were denied from power even after winning an election fair and square. And used army to supress the people on Bangladesh. This was never going to end right for them. They can bitch as much as they want now but that does not matter anymore.

No one mentioned it but I think the biggest help India did was helping Bangladesh to be recognized as a country in the international community. India recognized Bangladesh early and encouraged other neighbours to recognize the new sovereign state.

Last edited:
Arre, haath dhuey uthey porey legechhey, Moshai. Kot'dur shohjyo hoe? Eta yarki naki? Kothae kothae ninda, byango, opoman. Shob kichhu'r sheema thaakey.
আপনার রাগ যুক্তিসংগত, দাদা। কিছু বলার নেই। লোকটা সবকিছু বোধকরি বেশিই পার্সোনালি নিয়ে নিসে, ইগো প্রবলেম। অনলাইন ফোরামে এ মানসিকতা নিজের এবং অন্য সবার জন্যই ক্ষতিকর মনে করি। ও যেভাবে বিনা কারনে বা উস্কানিতে ফালতু আর উগ্র আচরণ করছে, তা যদি বাইরের কেও দেখে, তাহলে সে ব্যাক্তি কি ধারণা পাবেন বলুন তো?

@Bilal9 ভাই, নিলগিরি সীমার বাইরে বাজে আচরণ করতেছে, এইটা স্বীকার করতেই হবে। আমরা বাঙালিরা চিরকাল ইনক্লুসিভ চরিত্রের। ক্ষমা করে, ক্ষমাসুন্দর দৃষ্টিতে দেখা আমাদের চরিত্রে মিশে আছে। তাই তুমি এতোটা স্পেস দিতে পারছো। ওর যদি বাঙালি, বাংলাদেশিদের এতই ঘৃণা বা অপছন্দ তাহলে অন্তত এই সাবফোরাম এভোয়েড করলেই পারে।আমরা কেও তো অন্তত তাকে ডেকে আনিনা। স্বপ্রণোদিত হয়ে ঘৃণা ছড়ানোর কারন কি? ওর একার সমস্যার জন্য আমরা সবাই তো আর ফোরাম ছেড়ে দিতে পারিনা।

আমি এ ব্যাপারে দাদার সাথে একমত। এটা ওর মানসিক একটা অবসেশন হয়ে গেসে।

Last edited:
its family matter man sometime father use harash words for kids . me myself do it with my son:P

don't be angry on father BD :disagree:

There are hundreds of thousands believing that, rightly or, as many of us think, wrongly. How did you presume that those you were denigrating had those beliefs? How can you use such a broad brush?

What is your problem with Bangladesh and Bangladeshis? This is obsessive behaviour, and displays a disturbed mentality.

I agree- The concerned member seems to have taken It to another level- Should stop at once-

Please be more elaborate... i didn't get you.

Palestine is still fighting for its independence and land . They just have stones or sticks to throw at the Israeli's but to no avail because they are fighting a military powerhouse .

Bangladesh in that scenerio would be palestine because they had nothing and was facing Pakistan . For example did you expect to fight Pakistan with bamboo sticks if India hadn't intervened ?

Jeez. :-)

Take a Chill Pill brother......a dozen people on the PDF forum throwing mud once in a while do not represent a whole nation. No one is hating on India - people in Bangladesh have better things to do - like earn a living and raise families, rather than push anti-India agendas all the time.

If you're in Toronto, there's a whole truckload of Bangladeshis in Brampton and Mississauga. Do all of them look like India-haters to you? Maybe not India-lovers, but certainly not India-haters....

Instead of forming opinions from far away - get to know them.....not all of them are so bad.....
I second that!...Even here in the US we get along very well...and until I visited "PDF"..I never would have imagined that there was so much hatred going around..between Indians and pakistanis...Bangladeshis vs Pakistanis...for that matter, I have/had so many SL friends growing up in Chennai..(Both Sinhala and Tamilian)...never knew a lot of stuff ....well..hopefully our next generation does a better job in respecting everyones sentiments.

আপনার রাগ যুক্তিসংগত, দাদা। কিছু বলার নেই। লোকটা সবকিছু বোধকরি বেশিই পার্সোনালি নিয়ে নিসে, ইগো প্রবলেম। অনলাইন ফোরামে এ মানসিকতা নিজের এবং অন্য সবার জন্যই ক্ষতিকর মনে করি। ও যেভাবে বিনা কারনে বা উস্কানিতে ফালতু আর উগ্র আচরণ করছে, তা যদি বাইরের কেও দেখে, তাহলে সে ব্যাক্তি কি ধারণা পাবেন বলুন তো?

@Bilal9 ভাই, নিলগিরি সীমার বাইরে বাজে আচরণ করতেছে, এইটা স্বীকার করতেই হবে। আমরা বাঙালিরা চিরকাল ইনক্লুসিভ চরিত্রের। ক্ষমা করে, ক্ষমাসুন্দর দৃষ্টিতে দেখা আমাদের চরিত্রে মিশে আছে। তাই তুমি এতোটা স্পেস দিতে পারছো। ওর যদি বাঙালি, বাংলাদেশিদের এতই ঘৃণা বা অপছন্দ তাহলে অন্তত এই সাবফোরাম এভোয়েড করলেই পারে।আমরা কেও তো অন্তত তাকে ডেকে আনিনা। স্বপ্রণোদিত হয়ে ঘৃণা ছড়ানোর কারন কি? ওর একার সমস্যার জন্য আমরা সবাই তো আর ফোরাম ছেড়ে দিতে পারিনা।

আমি এ ব্যাপারে দাদার সাথে একমত। এটা ওর মানসিক একটা অবসেশন হয়ে গেসে।

Pore khoob shantona pelam. Jodio ami Bilal bhai'er kothamoto cholchhi, e'tai amader gun ebong shonge abar amader shobcheye boro durbolota. Tai to onyera eshe amader mathae chore boshe.

I wish I could translate some of Joe Sheeran's posts here just so you know what he thinks about you

Don't worry about it, I know him well and deep down understand where he is coming from...and I know he thinks of me well at the end of it.

We disagree on various things and agree on other things.

Now you can focus on countering these other BD people that really hate you while they demean you as being too young, a traitor or whatever (since I am going to only very rarely post here from now on).

Hope you don't lose your cool and present your points well. My regards.

I'd have to agree.

The Mukti Bahini or infamous 'Mukut Fouz' as the PA called them (love them or hate them) - did a very effective job of ambushing transport/supply lines and infrastructure. They did the majority of the heavy-lifting for the war-of-attrition during the wet season (April through November) and disrupted rail-lines, electrical infrastructure, bridges, culverts and brought the Pakistan Army to its knees as far as communication.

As time went on - they got bolder and started attacking major army camps and installation, some very heavily defended. Being locals, their knowledge of the terrain helped immensely. For Pakistani Army it was not a level playing field for sure.

Only in November did the IA move in, field a few skirmishes and line up infantry/tanks but by that time the PA was in dire straits. My senior family members told me about Indian amphibious tanks fording rivers and coming up through the Dhaka-Chittagong Highway because all the bridges had been blown up by that time.

I can certainly understand the Indian Army's need for claiming complete credit for victory but reality on the ground was different. Yet Bangladeshi in their right minds cannot deny India's assistance in our time of need.

There was no question of doing that. Nobody except fanboys claimed that.

Don't worry about it, I know him well and deep down understand where he is coming from...and I know he thinks of me well at the end of it.

We disagree on various things and agree on other things.

Now you can focus on countering these other BD people that really hate you while they demean you as being too young, a traitor or whatever (since I am going to only very rarely post here from now on).

Hope you don't lose your cool and present your points well. My regards.

I think very highly of you, EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE THE BANGLADESH FORUM, and have to tell you that you are missing out on your appropriate recognition due to this childish behaviour. Try to understand that defence board behaviour apart, those you are going after are my own flesh and blood.

@Arefin007 , I want to answer some of your accusations.

First of all, some admissions, I have been confused about the very points you are making now and I have discussed this in this forum many times. Like you, I could not understand how this civil war in 1971 came about, after what happened in 1947. You are young and do not know the full history. Currently many narratives are biased and tilted to various side, so it is very difficult to get an accurate picture.

My personal feeling is like this. We East Bengal Muslims championed and formed Pakistan together with West Pakistanis, but even this was a mistake. If you do not want to discriminate on the basis of race or religion then you cannot ask for a two nation theory, period. You cannot bring example of poor villagers as not being rational, even if they are not, Muslims are surviving in India today, may be they are not thriving, but surviving. If we did not have a partition in 1947, then my guess is that their position would have been much stronger and all of us, both Hindus and Muslims, would have the potential to thrive in a united India, not just survive, because the situation would be more balanced. That was the position of Moududi as well and also of Abul Kalam Azad. So it was not just Jamat founders position, a fact many people like to point out in this forum. My view is that Jinnah, an Ismaili Shia, was in no position to lead the Muslims of South Asia and inevitably he failed us. Yes, I know people will now call me sectarian, but from throughout history, I have seen Shia's selling us out. After Mughal's received Safavid help to come back to power (Humayun and Sher Shah Suri), Shia's (both Arabic and Iranian and their mixture) infiltrated all facets of Mughal empire including Bengal. Alivardi Khan was one of these people of Shia lineage, just like most of the late Nawabs of Murshidabad.

Racism (ethnic nationalism), religious nationalism these are facts of life in most of the world, more so in poor underdeveloped part of the world. So when you try to cobble together a nation based on one of these nationalism then you are on flimsy ground, you cannot ignore one and embrace the other. Either you reject both or accept both. This is what happened after 1947, in fact Azad predicted that Pakistan in that form will not last. We formed a country based on religious nationalism, then ethnic nationalism raised its ugly head.

There were opportunists on the ground in both sides who took advantage and made things worse and of course India found a golden opportunity to break Pakistan. So it was no ones fault and everyones fault. You can spin it any way you like. But you cannot call us traitor, because all of Pakistan betrayed mother India/Hindustan, so we were traitors first in 1947 with our religious nationalism and we East Bengal Muslims did it again with our ethnic nationalism in 1971. So you must understand that the root of this betrayal in 1971, the foundation of this betrayal was layed out with the betrayal in 1947. It did not come out of the blue in 1971.

In any case, all of this is water under the bridge, meaning this is all in the past. Unfortunately, some people are using the past for political gain of the present.

What is more relevant is that Bangladesh today is going through some difficult political period. From a so called democracy, one side have now won and is now dominating. India obviously helped the winning side. I have mentioned to all concerned in a post in the past that in order for us to reduce Indian influence in our nation, the only option we have open now is more unity among us and less division. So BNP/JeI people must either join Awami League or stay neutral, for the sake of national unity. Post Khaleda era is here, she and her son are irrelevant for Bangladesh for the foreseeable future. No matter how ghastly Hasina is or was, the nation must unite under the winner so we can reduce outside influence. That is my message to patriotic Bangladeshi's who are smart and intelligent and care about the future of our nation. We should not fight a war under leaders who are stupid losers and who we will only make us lose again and again. We must know how and when to choose to fight. One fight has happened recently and one side has decisively lost, it is time to move on and build the nation under the winner. Democracy can take a back seat for now, we must concentrate on the economy for which political stability is a must. Awami League for its part, must understand that they need to depend on the people of the country if they want to build a long term future for their party in this land. They cannot just depend on an external power and ignore the interest of the country and nation forever. And no matter how much we try to convince others like Chinese that we are not tilted towards India, they have their people to watch our actions in Bangladesh and their allied countries in the neighborhood, they know how to verify our words against the actual situation on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom