What's new

Did Brahmos fail its latest test ?

I must say that as a Pakistani I am happy at Indian failures at weapon production and procurement as they could be one day used against Pakistan. However Indian members must be unhappy that so much money is devoted to these ends with relatively little success.

In Feb 2011 Maj Gen Mrinal Suman was moved to say in an article:

The last decade has been a chronicle of tall claims, missed opportunities and inability to translate policies into implementable programmes. The current regime has been a total failure. The enormity of failure can be gauged from three visible facts. One, imports have climbed to close to 75 percent rather than dropping to the targeted 30 percent. Two, India has not been able to produce a single defence system with cutting-edge technology. While every critical item is being imported, India continues to be happy producing doors and windows for foreign aviation majors. Three, defence exports (from India’s much vaunted conglomerate of Ordnance Factories) fell from a paltry Rs 41.07 crores in 2008-09 to a laughable Rs 12.28 crores in 2009-10. It is a reflection of the nature and quality of items being produced indigenously.

As a result of the above mentioned failures, not a single objective concerning defence production and procurement has been achieved. Consequently, induction of new equipment has not materialised at the required pace. In his address to a seminar in New Delhi on 15 December 2010, Defence Minister Antony acknowledged, “Despite our best intentions and earmarking huge budgets and allocating money, the modernisation efforts have not borne the desired results.” There cannot be a more candid admission of failure.

India as a defence manufacturing hub

This must be incredibly disheartening for some Indian forum members

^^^ Nothing new. Its a well known fact. UPA policies have mislead our path to success. Hope to back on track soon.

Modi kind of leadership is must needed.

^^^ Nothing new. Its a well known fact. UPA policies have mislead our path to success. Hope to back on track soon.

Modi kind of leadership is must needed.

The point I was making is that a great nation with so many human resources and also spending so much money Arjuna, Teja etc are hardly successes and I was thinking of the last 30 years plus when there have been governments of different hues. I am just pleasantly surprised at the chronic failure of India in these matters

I must say that as a Pakistani I am happy at Indian failures at weapon production and procurement as they could be one day used against Pakistan. However Indian members must be unhappy that so much money is devoted to these ends with relatively little success.

In Feb 2011 Maj Gen Mrinal Suman was moved to say in an article:

The last decade has been a chronicle of tall claims, missed opportunities and inability to translate policies into implementable programmes. The current regime has been a total failure. The enormity of failure can be gauged from three visible facts. One, imports have climbed to close to 75 percent rather than dropping to the targeted 30 percent. Two, India has not been able to produce a single defence system with cutting-edge technology. While every critical item is being imported, India continues to be happy producing doors and windows for foreign aviation majors. Three, defence exports (from India’s much vaunted conglomerate of Ordnance Factories) fell from a paltry Rs 41.07 crores in 2008-09 to a laughable Rs 12.28 crores in 2009-10. It is a reflection of the nature and quality of items being produced indigenously.

As a result of the above mentioned failures, not a single objective concerning defence production and procurement has been achieved. Consequently, induction of new equipment has not materialised at the required pace. In his address to a seminar in New Delhi on 15 December 2010, Defence Minister Antony acknowledged, “Despite our best intentions and earmarking huge budgets and allocating money, the modernisation efforts have not borne the desired results.” There cannot be a more candid admission of failure.

India as a defence manufacturing hub

This must be incredibly disheartening for some Indian forum members

God :woot: Pakistan should have declared "National Holiday" when the Missile test failed , seriously :lol:

God :woot: Pakistan should have declared "National Holiday" when the Missile test failed , seriously :lol:

But tell me it must be incredibly disappointing for you after having spent so much resources for India to still be in the same predicament??

I am open about the fact that in this one thing I am very happy that India is a failure

The point I was making is that a great nation with so many human resources and also spending so much money Arjuna, Teja etc are hardly successes and I was thinking of the last 30 years plus when there have been governments of different hues. I am just pleasantly surprised at the chronic failure of India in these matters

Arjun is a pretty much success and Tejas is not failure. It is just a learning curve. Just take examples from the outer world, thing takes time to materialize. We are forming JV and steadily bring private corp in R & D sectors.
Govt decision to infuse 2.5 multiple of budget in R&D sector as compared to last year is just an example.

It just not a daily practice but a long process. Calling it a failure nothing but a immature opinion.

ahm i dont understand what ur trying to say, let me give u af few examples:
tejas is not a failure, its a decent aircraft, the failure in it was the media attention given to it. and arjun is a beast that rip of any tank in the world. trust me. all problems have been solved kindly update urself.
it took us 14 yrs to build dhruv but only 2.5 yrs to build a modern stealthy combat helicopter hal lch. its weight to payload ratio, ceiling, stealth literally makes every other halicopter look like a piece of **** except a few like apache(king of combat helis).
sitara drawing board to flight in record 20 months. buddy we started with a feww handfull engineers in 1980 to a workforce of over 10000 and 100ss of labs all over country. fruits will come soon.

open ur eyes to truth .
India's Intermediate Jet Trainer [IJT] HJT-36, Sitara - YouTube

India's Intermediate Jet Trainer [IJT] HJT-36, Sitara - YouTube

Arjun is a pretty much success and Tejas is not failure. It is just a learning curve. Just take examples from the outer world, thing takes time to materialize. We are forming JV and steadily bring private corp in R & D sectors.
Govt decision to infuse 2.5 multiple of budget in R&D sector as compared to last year is just an example.

It just not a daily practice but a long process. Calling it a failure nothing but a immature opinion.

Sorry maybe I did not make myself clear. I was suggesting that with such a large population India should be able to produce engineers at a similar level to say China and for all the money spent I would if I was an Indian have expected more better results

Sorry maybe I did not make myself clear. I was suggesting that with such a large population India should be able to produce engineers at a similar level to say China and for all the money spent I would if I was an Indian have expected more better results

the probem is with the governments my frnd. indian engineers can build anything if given permission. for example tejas program was suggested by hal in 1969 but approved 20 yrs later.
in 1991 development started 1995 pv1 was rolled out(just 5 yrs) but kept grounded as india didnt have a good fly by wire system and scientistes feared plane might crash.
every delay had a reason and we solved them. now our agencies get approvals in less than 2 yrs for any project they wanna build coz we have money.

2001 saw tejas fly for first time and then avionics development started. u should congratulate india instead of calling it a failure coz with completion od tejas program india will have every single technology needed for combat planes.thats a much bigger threat for pak than nuke subs or ac.wil

the probem is with the governments my frnd. indian engineers can build anything if given permission. for example tejas program was suggested by hal in 1969 but approved 20 yrs later.
.[/B]wil

Well that's great you are happy and I am happy and I am happy to offer my congrats to India for being in the predicament it is with manufacturing and procurement of weapons

What about all the other projects??

INS1.jpg

Stealth Destroyer class

DSC_3193-751105.jpg

Stealth Frigate class

INS_kamorta_20100419.jpg

Stealth corvette class

None.jpg

Nuke sub

I am just pleasantly surprised that India isn't completely stagnant like many nations around it.:tup:

I was comparing in my mind to China because both have similar populations and have been independent in current format for about the same time. That's not to say that India has no return. I mean if you throw enough money at it you will get something back. But its just a gut feeling maybe its unwarranted if Indian members are happy good for you

I was comparing in my mind to China because both have similar populations and have been independent in current format for about the same time. That's not to say that India has no return. I mean if you throw enough money at it you will get something back. But its just a gut feeling maybe its unwarranted if Indian members are happy good for you

You can't compare China and India completely different nations. India's defense industry is just getting the hang of things, China has been doing this for a lot longer than India.

China has a huge population compared to the USA, were they doing anything compare to the US even now let alone in the past 80 years??

lol brahmos is close to thrice the speed of your turbojet powered c802. so yes you can fire more, but they are easier to intercept.
may be i'm wrong and unable to comprehend chinese physics.

the c803 variant has a terminal speed of 2.5 mach.

Back
Top Bottom