What's new

Did Muslims hate the Jews?

Rehmat

BANNED
Reaction score
“At a time when most western Orientalist took Muhammad for scheming imposter, equated Islam with fanatiscism, thought that the Qur’an was a crude and incoherent text, and believed that the Arabs were incapable of abstract thought, a growing number of Jewish scholars often took opposite positions. They accepted the sincerity of Muhammad’s mission, described Arabs as “Jews on horseback” and Islam as evolving faith that was more democratic than other religions and debunked Orientalists claims about a static Islam and a dynamic West. It appears that these Jews were anti-Orientalists long before Edward Said (a Christian Orientalist),” - Professor M. Shahid Alam, Norteastern University, Boston.

When the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) emigrated to Yasrib (Medinah) in 623 CE - he expected the Banu Israel tribes of the area to accept him the prophet mentioned in the Torah - but the Rabbis (Resh Galut) were expecting “The Promised One” to be descendent of prophet Isac and not that of prophet Ishmail. The powerful tribal chiefs of Banu Mustaliq and Banu Nadir - even after admitting in privacy that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the one the Banu Israel have been waiting for - not only tried to kill him on several occasions - but also helped the enemies of the new faith to eradicate it from Arabia.

However, the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not take revenge from the families of those criminal leaders or the ordinary members of those tribes. To show his tolerance and mercy toward these tribes - the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) married Barra (Juwayriyya) bint al-Harith 20, daughter of al-Harith, Chief of Banu Mustaliq in 628 CE. The Prophet (pbuh) also married widowed daughter of Huyayy ibn Akhtab, Chief of Banu Nadir - Safiyya bint Huyayy 17, in 630 CE after the Yahud tribes were defeated in the battle of Khaybar. Safiyya was the direct descendent of prophet Harun (as), the brother of prophet Moses (as).

After centuries of persecution at the hands of Greeks, Romans and Christian Byzantine - the Jews, for the first time, were able to develop their Hebrew language and culture and enter into the circle of power - becoming ministers, advisers, and physians to the Khalifahs. It was under Muslim rule that Hebrew got its first grammer, and the Torah its most highly developed Jurisdiction. Hebrew found its first philosopher, Musa ibn Maymun - and its first mystical thinker, Ibn Gabirol. Cordoba’s ruler al-Rahman III, appointed a Jew by the name Hasdai ben Shapirut, his prime minister.

Rabbi Gottlieb, one of the first ten women rabbis in the history of Judaism - visited Islamic Iran in May 2008. She was interviewed by Iranian daily Tehran Times in which she said:

“It’s important to remember that Islamic world has sheltered the Jewish people throughout our long history……For the last 41 years I have been working constantly on raising up, in my own community and in the Christian community in the United States, the desire of Palestinians for national sovereignty in their own land - and calling for an end to Israel’s military occupation of Palestine as the only way that will allow peaceful negotiations and settlement between our peoples.”

The “Jew-hating” has been part of the Christian West’s culture for many centuries. It only entered the Muslim world when Europe’s unwanted Jews began emigrating to British occupied Palestine in the 1930s. The past history tells us that while Jewish communities were expelled from almost every European Christian country - such thing never happened in Muslim countries untill the creation of Zionist entity in 1948.

Furthermore, “Jew-hating” is not “anti-Semitism” - as the great majority of Jews are not Semites (Israelites), but Asiatic Turks, who converted to Judaism during the 10th century. There are 100- times more Semite people among the Arabs than the in the entire world Jewry of 13.5 million. Anti-Semitism, like Jewish Holocaust - is used by Zionists to silence any criticism of illegal Jewish occupation of Arab Palestine or the anti-Judiac Zionism. If one study the writing of Zionist leaders like Theodor Herzl, Ben Gurion, Lenni Brenner, Chaim Kaplan, Chaim Weizmann, Ari Shavat, Abba Eban, Kaufman, and many others - one will find more anti-Semitism in them than all the so-called “Islamists” put together.

Read more here

You don't anything else in your mind, just hatred.

Who exactly do you count in that 'you' of yours?

If it means the poster above, there's no indication of hate in his post AFAICS.

If however it refers to Muslims, then let me issue a blanket statement here: no we don't hate the Jews. Nor anybody else. The current friction you see is due to the Zionist occupation of Arab land and control and plans for the destruction of some of the most holy Muslim sites.

i hate isreal and what they have done !!!

Israel != Jews

Brother that is not true. we should not hate Jews. Jews are our cousins and we are all children of Abraham / Ibrahim.

The problem is not jews, the problem is the darned ZIONISTS.

Many jews do not support Israel and are dead against the creation of Israel.

Please read about Orthodox Jews who opposed the zionist State of Israel.

Why Orthodox Jews are Opposed to the Zionist State

yes we hate israel ( country ) , not the religion although it has flaws...

Pretty good thread so far, and nothing I would dispute. Islam and Judaism are far closer in teachings, nature, and sensibilities than Judaism and Christianity, and the conflicts between Jews and Muslims from the Hejira to today have been political, not religious. The Islamic reaction to the Israel "experience" is a model of tolerance and accomodation campared to the treatment of Jews by the Catholic Church, which still in its heart believes Jews killed God and eat babies, and should be made to suffer hell on earth until they are dead.

Tell me which religion doesn't have flaws :rolleyes:

Don't reply me anyway. Religious debates are not allowed.

Deleted and censored expletives, Rezavan, please don't torture me like that! Asking a question like that and forbidding comments! Your going to send me trolling religious websites until I get my thoughts outta me head! Ouch! :(

So let me answer pithy before I troll again. My "religion" is less flawed than most because it does not think it is perfect. Indeed, its credo is "I may be wrong"

But then that's Sokratic philosophy, which no one since the Greeks has considered "religious"

Back to thread. Zionism sucks. It has ruined a beautiful friendship between brothers.

Deleted and censored expletives, Rezavan, please don't torture me like that! Asking a question like that and forbidding comments! Your going to send me trolling religious websites until I get my thoughts outta me head! Ouch! :(

Haha! I know, that question is almost like too tempting to be not replied. But with the amount of emotional people here, it's not the best place to debate this. Maybe some other time :lol:

Muslims do not hate Jews but they hate Muslims. Jews has been the greatest conspires against Muslims since the time of Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Also Allah warns us about Jews and Hindus being one and together against Muslims. BUT - This doesn't give Muslims a reason to hate them. We don't have to hate our enemy.

These days Muslims hate Israelis who-ever they are. They are responsible for crimes against Muslims and are harming Muslim sentiments every way possible. A biggest offense which state of Israel is going to commit is demolishing of Muslim Sacred Places including Qibla-tul-Awal. Yahood believe they have to rebuild temple of solomon before anti-christ would arrive. Now if question is that do Muslims hate those Jews who are commuting this and planning to commit that, then sure but if you ask Muslims hate followers of Prophet Moses, the Jews outside Israel, then NO Muslims don't hate them.

Back
Top Bottom