What's new

Great Hymn to the Aten- Was Akhenaton a prophet of Allah?

Cats are too intelligent, sweet and wise to laugh at Communism. Please replace those cats with dogs.
just got done feeding mine.. 5 hain, chicken + dry and wet catfood, + sometimes visits to the vet.. very well taken care of.

also 3 dogs who I am away from and who I miss dearly, but unki bhi dekh baal chal rahi hai.

Yes, my Slax Linux installation has time that is incorrect but how does that matter ? I use the OS to either type text document or copy files or delete files or browse internet.
if that incorrect time is a result of a dying CMOS battery, why not just change it.. cr2302 laga le ek duracell ki, you'll be good for years.

Modi jee's "A lot of us" didn't include her :
Dead-mother-at-station-1068x601.jpeg

Nor them :

Your rabid psychopathy, anti-humanity and apathy will make me say more loudly "Surkh hoga Surkh hoga Asia Surkh hoga" . :)

Really ? :)
bharat-mata.jpg

LOL, how does monarchy - a system where one person holds all power and taxes the poor ( Modi vibes ) - bring poverty alleviation ? Does the committed monarch even think about eradicating the reason for socio-economic poverty, which is money ? Just tell Modi jee to abolish money system and bring about "Vishwaguru India" as true. :)

The underlined is contradictory and quite irrational.

What could the bhagwas do to victor Muslims or victor Christians or the earlier victor Buddhists ? :)

However, the bhagwas finished off Buddhism from India, the land where Buddha preached it first and where Ashoka preached it even more and spread it beyond. And the bhagwas now want to finish off the Muslims, Christians and Communists :

No, many people are psychopaths. But many are also brainwashed who just act according to the prevalent wrong notions of the times, like many in India, and these people can be reformed.

Which are... ?

No, I as a Communist have faith. Faith in the undeniable supremacy of Nature and faith in removing sufferings of innocent humans and getting them to contribute to humanity to the fullest of their potential.
Why do you keep bringing up these un-related things into discussion? The reason I opposed your original post, is you slandering on Dharmic beliefs by bringing up the Caste system and clergy of it. All you are doing here is generalizing everyone, and maligning an entire community. It just shows the mindset of a communist, who will always say that he is holier than others. Hypocrisy at it's best

A monarch can bring in poverty alleviation too, if he provides enough ways for people to earn money. It all depends on the policies wrt the community (in past when monarchies existed, the communities will be different to modern times, for example weavers, ironsmiths etc). Why don't you tell Modi jee, you live here too? Do you even vote?

No it's not, it's not contradictory at all. Every destination can be reached, in different ways.

So basically you worship victors? The ones who hold power? For all your talk of reform, you are nothing but a hypocrite aren't you? For whatever ideological reasons, you have a low view of an entire community. Wow just wow

Finished off Buddhism? Do you have proofs that, Buddhism was routed by violence? You talk about Ashoka, who killed so many for his power hunger in Kalinga war. Just because he preached Buddhism, he is a doyen of purity I guess. Anything that helps me argue haphazardly, must be your thing.

It's so laughable, that you call my sentence contradictory. At the same time, you engage in contradiction. On one hand you mock a community, for being losers against some of the victors. However you also say, this same community finished off Buddhism.

This clearly shows you are a person who has hatred for an entire community, without a proper reason. I bet you must be dreaming of riding on a horse, vanquishing people and spreading utopia.

So people are brain washed, and you will reform them? Reform them towards what? Utopian society, where your thoughts hold sway. Anyone else will be murdered I suppose, cause they aren't communist or whatever you want them to be? Am sure if allowed, you will bring a cultural revolution and will not blink an eye if it means killing of millions. Anything goes when good, that's what you communist lot do. At this point I wonder if you are a religious zealot, or a utopia mongerer, or a communist. So confusing.

That's the most laughable thing to hear from you, removing sufferings of people. Am sure this removal of suffering, will involve violent methods no doubt.

This sort of discussion is better left to scholars, not an internet forum.

Go ask your local imam or mufti sahib.

Ask them to do so.
Perhaps you should ask, unfortunately my local Mullah is not that educated.

Egyptian texts do refer the people of Israeli as a fringe societal phenomenon. However not in context that history now remembers them by or for.

How not? There is no need to discuss the 5th world here.
Do you have any links/sources which could help?

Actually this is not true.

In the hieroglyphic language that the Egyptians used, the symbol of the sun, which also denoted the specific God Ra, was also used to donate general gods too.

In the beginning Atenism used to write the one god, using the symbol of the sun, however, as you can imagine this was problematic. So they changed the language and started re-writing the One Gods name in phonetic hieroglyphics, not pictorial to seperate Him from Ra.
Ra was considered a God for the Kings. Akhanaten seems to have sought legitimacy as the Ra's chosen one.

Atenism did not denounce rest of the Egyptian Gods. It only manifested a greater liking for Ra. There have been many such instances for example there was time when Sobek craved such attention as well.

Akhenaten and Nefertari are however hated by the ancient Egyptians to a genocidal degree. Something Israelis may feel common with if we keep on topic.

Do you have any links/sources which could help?

I believe the only alleged mentions are regarding on the Pharoahs campaign in Canaan.

Ra was considered a God for the Kings. Akhanaten seems to have sought legitimacy as the Ra's chosen one.

Atenism did not denounce rest of the Egyptian Gods. It only manifested a greater liking for Ra. There have been many such instances for example there was time when Sobek craved such attention as well.

Akhenaten and Nefertari are however hated by the ancient Egyptians to a genocidal degree. Something Israelis may feel common with if we keep on topic.

I believe the only alleged mentions are regarding on the Pharoahs campaign in Canaan.
Who lived in Canaan before the Israelites?

Canaanites

Its original pre-Israelite inhabitants were called Canaanites. The names Canaan and Canaanite occur in cuneiform, Egyptian, and Phoenician writings from about the 15th century bce as well as in the Old Testament. This is well after Akhenaton, many centuries later.

Canaanites

Its original pre-Israelite inhabitants were called Canaanites. The names Canaan and Canaanite occur in cuneiform, Egyptian, and Phoenician writings from about the 15th century bce as well as in the Old Testament. This is well after Akhenaton, many centuries later.

Palestinians
They are still there albeit going through a genocide

Canaanites

Jinnah addressed the Palestinian issue in Egypt as far as Pakistanis are concerned.

@khansaheeb Hope this research does not lead to Jewish claim on Egypt as their ancestral homeland.

By observing nature one can find signs leading to God.
Israelis can move back to Amarna in Egypt and give land back to the Palestinians, that would be a rightful claim for them.

I don’t think so bro.

The Egyptians had three major cults and Ra was one of them. But the symbol of the sun was also the symbol of gods in general in Egyptian hieroglyphics. From a western lens, ofcourse they try to muddy the picture by talking about a transition.

But in truth, this is a bias in western scholarship.

In the ninth year of his reign (1344/1342 BC), Akhenaten declared a more radical version of his new religion, declaring Aten not merely the supreme god of the Egyptian pantheon but the only God of Egypt, with himself as the sole intermediary between the Aten and the Egyptian people. Key features of Atenism included a ban on idols and other images of the Aten, with the exception of a rayed solar disc in which the rays (commonly depicted ending in hands) appear to represent the unseen spirit of Aten. Aten was addressed by Akhenaten in prayers, such as the Great Hymn to the Aten: "O sole God beside whom there is none". Aten's name is also written differently after the ninth year of the Pharaoh's rule to emphasise the radicalism of the new regime. Aten, instead of being written with the symbol of a rayed solar disc, now became spelled phonetically.

The details of Atenist theology are still unclear. The exclusion of all but one god and the prohibition of idols was a radical departure from previous Egyptian tradition.

Finally, Akhenaten issued a royal decree that the name Aten was no longer to be depicted by the hieroglyph of a solar disc emanating rays but instead had to be spelled out phonetically. Akhenaten’s religious reforms (later reversed under his successor Pharaoh Tutankhamun)”.

Btw, the solar disc with the rays is the symbol of the sun god ra.

The truth is that Atenism is possibly the biggest coverup in history. They tried to erase all traces of it. Which is how western scholarship has the inclination not to see it as monotheistic even or talk about a transition.

Last edited:
This Egyptian Hymn really does put a lot of things into context and as I have mentioned before there is a connection between the Israelites to the Egyptians and followers of Akhenaton (1353BCE - 1336BCE). Israelites are Egyptian followers of Akhenaton who were persecuted and fled after the demise of Akhenaton either immediately or in the following years after Akhenaton's death. Akhenaton had introduced the Sun God Ra to the Egyptians and gradually replaced all the idol worshipping with the worshipping of Ra. Akhenaton asserted and preached the one God religion and went about to dismantle all the idols and temples. The old guard priests were enraged and conspired to reverse this. Once Akhenaton died (or was assassinated) the old guard priests inveigled or forced Akhenaton's son Tutankhamun to reintroduce and revert to idol worshipping and went about systematically erasing all evidence of the Sun worshipping and Akhenaton and his follower's records. Akhenaton's follower's religion was spread by his followers to what is now Palestine and established strong foothold there and was passed from prophet to prophet.

The earliest recorded evidence of people by the name of Israel appears in the Merneptah Stele of ancient Egypt, dated to about 1200 BCE which is approx 64 years after the death of Akhenaton the Sun worshipper. It appears the Israelites are followers of Akhenaton or people who adopted his religion in that region. This is the missing and key part of the jigsaw and predates all other recorded religious history. This should be taught in the history books in all schools around the world. The Egyptian Pharoe Akhenaton could have been a prophet as it is mentioned in the Quran there were many prophets before. If this link is indeed true then Jews and Christians should upgrade to Islam if they believe in truth. Archaeologists, historians and religious scholars should investigate this further. It is a pity that European historians taint their work with conjectured references to Israelites and Judaism without any historical physical proof or records.

Muslims do believe that every nation was sent a Prophet.

The Egyptians before Islam weren't even Arabs, hence they were a separate nation.

If he was a monotheist then he could qualify as a Hanif.

Hanifs were people that monotheistic and retained some of Ibrahim (AS) teachings.

Zayd bin Amr rejected both Christianity and Judaism

Khadija (RA) was said to have never believed in nor worshipped idols

Khaled bin Sinan was a judge who tried to bring people to Prophet Ibrahim (AS)'s ways and renounced idols

Allah has left us so many puzzles to solve, so many discoveries to make , so many mazes to traverse. May we be guided to the truth so that we can spread truths.
We are not respecting or following the ones we know from Quran, Prophets that are not mentioned in Quran are questionable, they could be or not.

Back
Top Bottom