What's new

Digitising Pakistan crucial for the youth

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Digitising Pakistan crucial for the youth, says PM Imran

ISLAMABAD: Digitising Pakistan is crucial for the youth as the country as exciting times are ahead of the country, said Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday during the inauguration ceremony of the 'Digital Pakistan' campaign.

‘Digital Pakistan’ campaign is a part of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government’s digitisation programme aimed at introducing the latest technologies for public welfare.The ceremony was held at the Prime Minister's Office in Islamabad.

"The world has been taking great strides in digitisation. However, Pakistan has been lagging behind," said the prime minister. "Unfortunately Pakistan has lagged behind due to corruption."

He said that through such measures as the digitisation programme, Pakistan would make use of its youth population which was one of the biggest in the world.

"Women can also secure jobs through digitisation. It helps in curbing corruption and is crucial for accountability," he said.

The prime minister said that corruption always began from the top and now that a government that did not tolerate it was in place, Pakistan will see better days.

"When I took over the reins as prime minister, there was hardly any department which was not in loss," he said. "I wanted to divert my energies towards other areas but as prime minister I was forced to focus only on the current account deficit. Now, the economy has stabilised," he added.

Prime Minister Imran said that when he was elected prime minister, he said in his first speech 'Ghabrana Nahi Hai'.

"Many people panicked after that speech," he said, as the audience laughed. "Now I am telling you not to panic because we are headed in the right direction."

The prime minister said that international agencies were appreciating Pakistan's fiscal and economic policies.

The Digital Pakistan campaign was executed by the Ministry of Information and Technology (MoIT). The MoIT was tasked with digitising all correspondence between government offices.

The IT ministry had been told to complete the task within three months.

In September, senior PTI leader Jahangir Tareen had announced that the government had engaged a senior former Google executive to help revamp its payment system and set into motion the digitisation initiative from PMO.

He said that the government had persuaded the Google executive, who was in Singapore, to lead the project from Pakistan, after a lot of effort and headhunting.

“She is leaving Google. In fact, she has left it and she is moving to Pakistan and will lead the digitisation initiative from PMO,” Tareen had said.

So excited man.... IK is appointing top notch talent in each sphere. If these people can't steer us to prosperity then no one can. Here is a small list of amazing talent employed by IK, I'm sure there are more people whose names I missed.

Dr Moeed Yusuf - Harvard - Policy making
Usman Mobin - MIT - NADRA chairman
Shabat Ali Shah - MIT - National Information & Technology Board
Dr Hafeez Sheikh - Boston Uni - Finance Minister
Dr Zafar Mirza - WHO - Health Minister
Dr Reza Baqir - Harvard, UC Berkley, IMF - SBP chairman
Dr Sania Nishtar - WHO - Ehsaas Program
Tania Aidrus - MIT, Google - Digital Pakistan

Last edited:
@Dubious one day you need to start your own company of GeneticEngineering!!!

A YoungPak returns home and is talking PakPositiveNationalism .... in a way this young lady conveys the feelings of us Paks...living away from Home ....

We are moving in the right direction... Babucracy needs to be dismantled through Artificial Intelligence @graphican @ps3linux @Sine Nomine @newb3e @StormBreaker @MastanKhan @Verve @atya @RIWWIR

We need National Rules Engine and Peformance Managment System ditto for Crime Pervention and Prosecution!!

Remember, the biggest threat to bureaucracy is Educated Public, NOT military or Good PM.

Once we get to that level, people will definitely come to sense, of whom to give how much importance as people have a habit to give ultra respect to “Sarkari NAUKAR as if they are some Presidents or generals or God-sent Angels or messengers.

Today, i watched a fresh video, of a man, arguing with an officer of Intermediate Board, the people around, stopped that man, pulled him away, one chanted “Bhai, inki sarkari naukri hai, inki to izzat karlo”, now you see ? Uthanay wali ghulami zehniat. What is so special of him doing sarkari “NAUKRI” being a “NAUKAR” ?

So excited man.... IK is appointing top notch talent in each sphere. If these people can't steer us to prosperity then no one can. Here is a small list of amazing talent employed by IK, I'm sure there are more people whose names I missed.

More than University, their research and experience matters, but good nonetheless.

But. When on earth will he change the Science Minister!

More than University, their research and experience matters, but good nonetheless.

But. When on earth will he change the Science Minister!

Fruits of parliamentary democracy.... have to take politics along with technocrats. Same reason why MQM guy Dr. Khalid Maqbool is IT minister even though he doesn't even know what is Whatsapp

79502583_2385823304878687_288406761868623872_n.jpg

78239596_2385823454878672_705605355127701504_n.jpg

This is an exciting move. Hopefully it pays off. We'll have to wait and see. Pakistan has no shortage of talent, just a shortage of opportunities.

@Dubious one day you need to start your own company of GeneticEngineering!!!

A YoungPak returns home and is talking PakPositiveNationalism .... in a way this young lady conveys the feelings of us Paks...living away from Home ....

We are moving in the right direction... Babucracy needs to be dismantled through Artificial Intelligence @graphican @ps3linux @Sine Nomine @newb3e @StormBreaker @MastanKhan @Verve @atya @RIWWIR

We need National Rules Engine and Peformance Managment System ditto for Crime Pervention and Prosecution!!

Hope so.

This is actually a great project. Now that the economy is slowly stabilising, PTI are finally pushing through all those amazing policies they promised.

Alhumdulillah, Pakistans future is looking very bright.

That also means whoever studied in Pakistan is a stupid....:p:

That also means whoever studied in Pakistan is a stupid....:p:
Not at all.... often these people had their initial development and schooling/bachelors in Pakistan. It's just that when Pakistanis are provided an enabling environment and a relentless merit they exceed and rise to the top.

In Pakistan, parchee system and nepotism is common and therefore those who know someone or can pay their way through the system come forward, while those with talent get left behind.

Take example of political parties, PML-N and PPP are both family dynasties and can only be run by a Sharif and Bhutto. However, over the years each party has had genuinely good leaders and men/women of integrity and leadership yet they could never hope to lead the party. Classic example of how nepotism leads to demise of merit and growth.

This is "Naya Pakistan" for all to see. Why this lady didnt return to Pakistan when Nawaz or Zaradi at the helm (ask this question to yourself if you still support Noora and Zardari viper )?

On one hand, young and bright talent like this lady is coming to fore and on other hand, people like Malik Raiz and getting exposed and naked infront of whole country --- never happened before.

upload_2019-12-5_15-47-46.png

this is "Naya Pakistan"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom