What's new

Pak population at over 235 million: Census

someone give them free condoms

26069448-funny-condom.jpg
Won't work. Has never worked
The only way is to bring economic development and use your cheap labor to grow your self out of this...

Development will slow down birth rate..

In the mean time focus on sending them out of the country as Europe Korea and elsewhere they need low skilled labor (note I am not saying Unskilled!!)

someone give them free condoms

26069448-funny-condom.jpg
Also need more free contraceptives regardless of what Mullahs say. Has worked in Bangladesh. Fertility rate is down to 2.01.
Women need to start taking controlling of their bodies.

Also need more free contraceptives regardless of what Mullahs say. Has worked in Bangladesh. Fertility rate is down to 2.01.
they distribute free pils condoms etc home to home via LADY HEALTH WORKERS . national program for family planning and basic health program but mostly females not use them

i see these ladies health workers visiting homes since my childhood but i cant see any results in
statics. they give free medicine / birth control pills . vaccines for kids heath awareness netration advises child care and brochures

34.jpg

LHW-Mansia_0.jpg

lady_health_worker_visits_a_home_in_pakistan.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

549a69f1-2994-4821-b223-53755b804622_Screenshot_2021-06-23_at_10.31.44_AM_card.jpg

My 2 cents:

1.It is good that population is still growing. Means that if Pak can still invest in education and healthcare, it can reap a demographic dividend.

Exactly. This can either be a good human resource, or a huge curse, depending on whether enough investments in social development are achievable in time or not. Thus far, Pakistan's choices favor the latter outcome and not the former.

they distribute free pils condoms etc home to home via LADY HEALTH WORKERS . national program for family planning and basic health program but mostly females not use them

i see these ladies health workers visiting homes since my childhood but i cant see any results in
statics. they give free medicine / birth control pills . vaccines for kids heath awareness netration advises child care and brochures

34.jpg

LHW-Mansia_0.jpg

lady_health_worker_visits_a_home_in_pakistan.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

549a69f1-2994-4821-b223-53755b804622_Screenshot_2021-06-23_at_10.31.44_AM_card.jpg
Still need to keep providing. Another thing is promoting women to go out and work. Provide microloans, tax breaks, etc. Earning money would make them realise they are more than just baby making machines and husband's slave. Mentality has to change.

I have heard khutba by Pakistani Imam. When praying to Allah for relief from challenges and illness, he lumped in "please get our daughters married off" - what he implied was daughters are a burden so the quicker they are sent off to in-laws the better. If this is the general menrality, people will keep banging until they have enough sons. It should become norm for Pakistani women to work and support their parents just like men, like it is in Bangladesh.

Development is the most effective form of birth control.
It's a chicken and egg situation. You won't see much development without controlling population control and female labour participation. You have to attack from all fronts.

Last edited:
Bengaldesh has twice per capital income as ours of course it will work

In Pakistan where per capital income is same as bengaldesh out birth rate is also around 2.1-2.5(e.g Lahore)

Bengaldesh has twice per capital income as ours of course it will work

In Pakistan where per capital income is same as bengaldesh out birth rate is also around 2.1-2.5(e.g Lahore)
Our per capita income overtook Pakistan's only very recently. Our fertility rate dropped to near replacement level almost 10 years ago.

Screenshot_20230423_213900_Chrome.jpg

Getting more and more women out to work is the only solution for Pakistan. Hear me now, quote me later.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@maithil said "People from Karachi saying they have under counted pollution by 1 crore in that city due to political issues..

Jhaji,

It is population, not pollution. Hopefully you are not casting aspersions on our generous hosts the people of Pakistan. That is quite unlike your wise self as well.

Regards

What happens when we hit 400 million in a generation?

Something's got to give.
Hopefully, if the people in power on all sides, accept this as the most likely outcome, and don’t listen to the UN or the Lancet that predicts the population won’t increase that much, will invest in expanding the canal network and increase arable land to 70 million acres from the current 45-50 million acres. A 55% increase in population can be addressed by a 55% increase in arable land.

It is likely we will reach 360 million by 2047 and 400 million by 2060. We went from 115 million in early 1990s to the current at least 235 million in only 30 years.

If the government incentivizes re-investment into increasing productivity through use application of technology or human development (education) then we can increase Food and industrial outputs.

Population growth in decreasing naturally, but investments in education and mechanization will naturally make people want to invest more in their kids and avoid having more kids. The sooner this investment happens the faster the population growth will decrease. Thanks fully, Pakistan hypothetically has room to expand arable land.

Btw, Nigeria is expected to go from 200 million to 800 million over the next 70-80 years. As an oil rich nation, if managed well they can take advantage of such a large population, similar to what China did. Pakistan should not despair at the large population increase but consider it an opportunity to become a major power with the right management plan. If we are at 400 million and India at 1.67 billion by 2050, with India’s population falling and Pakistan’s population holding steady for a further generation, we can be price competitive for longer, and therefore lay out the case for attracting long term FDI similar to what India did in the 1990s.

Btw, South Asia has a long way to go in terms of development, just look at what a German cartoon said about India’s population surpassing China.

People from Karachi saying they have under counted pollution by 1 crore in that city due to political issues..
Not unlikely. Hopefully when the PTI is re-elected on the national level, the data can be reviewed and a more through and accurate census can be carried in the course of a couple years.

Last edited:
about the only thing Pakistanis are good at... breeding like rabbits... 235million slaves to dollar Generals

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom