What's new

Dina Arain: the master ‘double game’ player

Further research into this, it seems Randhawas were Sikhs and their chief was a powerful Zamindhar, Nidhan Singh Randhawa. They had aligned themselves with Adina Beg.

On the other hand, Aqil Das was a head of a sect in Jandiala region in Amritsar district. He had an army and a fort in Jandiala.

Randhawa chief of Isapur (in Amritsrar district probably?) converted to sikhsm in 1730 and joined Adina Beg.

Further research into this, it seems Randhawas were Sikhs and their chief was a powerful Zamindhar, Nidhan Singh Randhawa. They had aligned themselves with Adina Beg.

On the other hand, Aqil Das was a head of a sect in Jandiala region in Amritsar district. He had an army and a fort in Jandiala.

Randhawa jats are Hindus Muslims and sikhs just like any other jat clan
I don't understand why this zamidar supported adina beg

Most likely because they knew Beg would massacre them, otherwise.

As Zaalim has mentioned, it was probably a matter of survival for most chiefs and rajas of Punjab and Jammu who had no personal enmity with Sikhs but they had to join Adina Beg because Adina was now the supreme leader of Punjab. His attitude was like Bush where you are either with us or against us, there was no room for neutrality.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom