What's new

Do you have any Certifications?

ISACA mumbai mentors told me you should at least study it for 4 times before even attending review course :undecided:

yup that's what they normally say... i scored avg 450 in all modules except 1st module :( ... which is the non tech ... that's where i sank :)

Like KSE - Instruments traded are equities same way I am was curious to know if Pakistan is having any Exchange where forex are traded.

I dunno; I've been asking the same thing around & apart from the InterBank Market I don't think so & that isn't open to us mere mortals !

There is no articleship for this...I have worked in different IT related fields which helped me to become an auditor...My last job was as an Information Security Analyst.

Achaa so you're an IT Auditor; I thought you meant a Financial Auditor as in Financial Statements Audit ! Apologies ! :tup:

Thanks You guys, I appreciate it ! :tup:

Notorious, dude, are there any good Brokerages here in Lahore & if yes then what qualifications & experience are they looking for in a trainee/intern/raw recruit ? I've currently just a year of audit experience along with a few internships here there with banks to newspapers & NGOs....so I'm pretty raw ! Koi baat ban saktiii haiii ? :what:

But I'm more into FOREX because the sheer size of the spot market (1.6 Trillion $ traded every day) & there being next to no barriers to entry - An absolute treat if one knows how to work their way around it ! :tup:

So what qualification/certification & which kind of job experience would be beneficial in learning how to make money off the FOREX independently in (say!) 5-10 years time ?

Thanks, I appreciate it ! :kiss3:

As broxbull suggested, if you are a CA than you should focus on entering Risk Management Department, lots of growth opportunities there.

There are several good brokerages here in Lahore as some have shifted shop from Karachi to Lahore due to the security situation. But i won't recommend that you go and work for a brokerage, its best if you go and work for a proper bank. Your best bet is applying for the MTO program of banks and than excel over there. I am not going to lie, its going to be a risk as you spend atleast 5 months of your life in those programs and their is always a risk that you will not get into the department of your choice. Also, the competition is quite tough and who you know matters a lot, infact it matters the most. Since you are an ACCA, if i am not wrong you are eligible to receive your Bachelors Degree, thats a minimum requirement for these MTO programs. You should try to activate your contacts at the banks you did your internship at, they would be able to give you good reference and guide you. Also, don't forget to apply for the AD position for State Bank of Pakistan, thats a very lucrative and good position. If you are asking how you can make money in Forex, well there is no magic bullet my friend lol. The best thing you can do is, make a virtual account on forex and start playing that virtual game.

Professional engineer (mechanical) - California... that's it!

CCNA,MCSE,MCITP,VCP 4 & CCA 6.5 :)

one more achiemenemt for @Shivani Malhotra

Troll-Award_21_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom