What's new

Does India Need Better Gun Laws?

even though i would love to own a gun,but still the existing gun laws are the best.

There is a lot of difference between americans with guns and indians with guns.
In USA, if you are being attacked or you kill a person with your gun for self defense,after you or some one
contact the police,a police party can reach your home in
Minutes(in 75% cases;thanks to lot of patrol cars) and in india?

even though i would love to own a gun,but still the existing gun laws are the best.

In USA, if you are being attacked or you kill a person with your gun for self defense,after you or some one

good point that one.....
But i will love to have one 9mm pistol up my slive..live life gangstar type...cheers

Another Trick By The Capitalist US & It's Corporations To Make More Money

Totally Stupid Thread And Absurd Arguments

Care to explain the stupidity??? Lets hear your wisdom

Doesn't that emphasize a more dire need for self protection. As i mentioned low ratio for police to population in India, wont it be understandable that more gun licenses to be issued to deserving citizens for protection ...

I believe that a limited relaxation to the Gun Laws should be made, like people living in far flung areas or those living in troubled areas like the Naxal Belt should be allowed to carry weapons. We hear reports of terrorists coming to village at night and killing villagers for not supporting them especially in the Naxal infested parts of India. This could be reduced if villagers are supplied with arms, preferably shot guns. Terrorists has made it clear through the 26/11 incident that they would also target soft targets like hotels, office blocks , coffee shops etc. The best way to tackle this situation is to allow private security firms guarding these installations to carry weapons. Also for the love of god kindly tell our police that the days of single shot rifles are over and get them some MP5.

Care to explain the stupidity??? Lets hear your wisdom

u dumbass when u buy a Colt, Mag or beretta who gets the money????
If say 10% of victims at Taj were conceal carrying firearms, It would not have been a Massacre, it would have been a battle.
and u think a spoilt rich kid in taj would hav the guts to face the terrorists armed with ak 47's & grenades with i small handgun
are u that stupid????
pls don't show ur wisdom here :smokin:

US wale last century se hee GOILEYA chala rahe hai..... ghode pe baithke ...BAR mea... (cowboys) .... THO aab uhnee aadaat hogai hai....

Ab sirf kaam padne pe chalate hai...

India wale...churee se kaam chalate the..... aab aachakan se GHODA...haant mea dedoge... sare aapas mea hi maara mari chalu kardege...lol

India mea US ka fanda nahi chalega....yaahaan tho .... Delhi mea 4 baar horn koi maar de... tho GOIL khaani pad jaati hai.....

u dumbass when u buy a Colt, Mag or beretta who gets the money????

and u think a spoilt rich kid in taj would hav the guts to face the terrorists armed with ak 47's & grenades with i small handgun
are u that stupid????
pls don't show ur wisdom here :smokin:

Nice language... btw Beretta is Italian

Rofl, I am going to disregard your language and reply in civilized manner. I hope you have read the posts before you commented. I dont know if it is your incoherence of simple language or plain stupidity that you haven't understood the first post where I have asserted the need for promotion of private gun smithing enterprises.

I am not sure how many mumbai victims would have fought back .. but at 30-50 yards.. 9mm/.45acp can as lethal as your ak47... and I never said people like you would stand up to terror. managers, hotel security personnel and others with appropriate gun training would have been able to stand up. You might speak for yourself but don't discredit the courage of your fellow countrymen.

P.S. better watch your language

US wale last century se hee GOILEYA chala rahe hai..... ghode pe baithke ...BAR mea... (cowboys) .... THO aab uhnee aadaat hogai hai....

Ab sirf kaam padne pe chalate hai...

India wale...churee se kaam chalate the..... aab aachakan se GHODA...haant mea dedoge... sare aapas mea hi maara mari chalu kardege...lol

India mea US ka fanda nahi chalega....yaahaan tho .... Delhi mea 4 baar horn koi maar de... tho GOIL khaani pad jaati hai.....

Just going to crosspost
in no circumstances will the responsible gun owners in the country will ever shoot each other for socio-eonomic bias or personal vendetta. tell me how many licensed gun owners in india have ever been responsible for criminal homicide. If you get a number , compare that number with deaths related to smoking/alcoholism/ battery and assault or even traffic vioaltion related deaths, i hope you get the point.

All gun related violence in any country is outcome of illegal guns. It is the responsibility of the citizens to prevent being victims of draconian laws set on a british imperialistic model.

Nice language... btw Beretta is Italian

Rofl, I am going to disregard your language and reply in civilized manner. I hope you have read the posts before you commented. I dont know if it is your incoherence of simple language or plain stupidity that you haven't understood the first post where I have asserted the need for promotion of private gun smithing enterprises.

I am not sure how many mumbai victims would have fought back .. but at 30-50 yards.. 9mm/.45acp can as lethal as your ak47... and I never said people like you would stand up to terror. managers, hotel security personnel and others with appropriate gun training would have been able to stand up. You might speak for yourself but don't discredit the courage of your fellow countrymen.

P.S. better watch your language

I agree.If the security guards guarding these installations were allowed to carry weapons (atleast a pistol), they could have put a strong resistance to the terrorists and the deathtoll could have been greatly reduced but instead the security also become sitting ducks in front of Kasab & Co.

Feel sorry for your folks. From what I know, you folks can't own anything above a .22LR. Correct me if I'm wrong please. In any case, it's the most impotent round there is.

The right to bear arms is one of the very basic human rights. Any nation that goes through a de-weaponization is at the mercy of their Government and its LEAs.

Here's my view on gun laws; I have a right to bear arms and I'm responsible for the protection of my loved ones and family, not a force sitting in their stations especially when we all know how corrupt and incompetent they are in this part of the world.

God Bless Pakistan! :pakistan:

Feel sorry for your folks. From what I know, you folks can't own anything above a .22LR. Correct me if I'm wrong please. In any case, it's the most impotent round there is.

The right to bear arms is one of the very basic human rights. Any nation that goes through a de-weaponization is at the mercy of their Government and its LEAs.

Here's my view on gun laws; I have a right to bear arms and I'm responsible for the protection of my loved ones and family, not a force sitting in their stations especially when we all know how corrupt and incompetent they are in this part of the world.

God Bless Pakistan! :pakistan:
Our gun laws are a British imperialistic gift, cant help it.. but although civilians are now being offered the .30-06 rounds too... now we all know how potent that is..I share your views on gun laws too

I agree.If the security guards guarding these installations were allowed to carry weapons (atleast a pistol), they could have put a strong resistance to the terrorists and the deathtoll could have been greatly reduced but instead the security also become sitting ducks in front of Kasab & Co.
This is just not about Terror or Mumbai attacks... the reason more gun licenses need to be issued to responsible citizens. The anti social elements have access to illegal guns and citizens have no way of defending themselves. It is utmost need for restructuring gun laws. other than that due to draconian gun laws .. there are no private players in the gun smithing industry, hence our country struggles to make world class small arms.

This is just not about Terror or Mumbai attacks... the reason more gun licenses need to be issued to responsible citizens. The anti social elements have access to illegal guns and citizens have no way of defending themselves. It is utmost need for restructuring gun laws. other than that due to draconian gun laws .. there are no private players in the gun smithing industry, hence our country struggles to make world class small arms.

Responsible citizens who genuinely need it, like that who lives in far flung areas and in troubled areas and not to every Tom,Dick & Harry.

India has one of the lowest police to population ratio also our police is badly equipped.Police of my home state still carries guns made during WW2 and I have rarely seen a police man on patrol carrying anything other than a lathi.I saw an AK-47 for the first time when CISF came to take over the security of my local airport.

All i am saying is that there is a delicate balance b/n police and anti-social elements in our country and this will be tilted in favor of baddies if guns become freely available in the market. So first we must modernize our police forces by recruiting more policemen, imparting better training and inducting modern weapons before opening the flood gates.

Responsible citizens who genuinely need it, like that who lives in far flung areas and in troubled areas and not to every Tom,Dick & Harry.

India has one of the lowest police to population ratio also our police is badly equipped.Police of my home state still carries guns made during WW2 and I have rarely seen a police man on patrol carrying anything other than a lathi.I saw an AK-47 for the first time when CISF came to take over the security of my local airport.

All i am saying is that there is a delicate balance b/n police and anti-social elements in our country and this will be tilted in favor of baddies if guns become freely available in the market. So first we must modernize our police forces by recruiting more policemen, imparting better training and inducting modern weapons before opening the flood gates.

My take is, Responsible citizen with a graduate degree/ Government servant/ business owner with certain income cap/ location w.r.t nearest police station and most important the individual should not have any police record/felony registered against him/her should be granted the right to bear arms and ammo.

Back
Top Bottom