What's new

Does India Need Better Gun Laws?

My take is, Responsible citizen with a graduate degree/ Government servant/ business owner with certain income cap/ location w.r.t nearest police station and most important the individual should not have any police record/felony registered against him/her should be granted the right to bear arms and ammo.

I agreed with you on this, but to a certain even a solid law abiding citizen can turn mad and disillusion enough to solve confrontation with a gun. A gun is fine to me at home to be serve as protection of the home and family. Now here in America and in the state of Texas we have concealed hand gun laws, allowing the gun owners to carry a hand gun in public at only in certain places like outside the house, inside the vehicle, or out on the ranch on horseback.

I like to know if there are any conceal hand gun laws in India?

Nice language... btw Beretta is Italian

Rofl, I am going to disregard your language and reply in civilized manner. I hope you have read the posts before you commented. I dont know if it is your incoherence of simple language or plain stupidity that you haven't understood the first post where I have asserted the need for promotion of private gun smithing enterprises.

Beretta has some factory in us
You know a lot about gun manufacturers ;)
You talk a real lobbyist :cheesy:

Don't know why you're pushing so hard for India to change it's gun laws
But here we don't want to face a gun wielding thug in every nook & corner of the street

I am not sure how many mumbai victims would have fought back .. but at 30-50 yards.. 9mm/.45acp can as lethal as your ak47
ya handgun as lethal as a 600 rounds/min 30-40 rounds AK 47
height of stupidity

... and I never said people like you would stand up to terror. managers, hotel security personnel and others with appropriate gun training would have been able to stand up.
Hotel Security had weapons but it didn't do anything & you think a manager or some guest(with a puny handgun) would risk his life
which world are u livin in???

You might speak for yourself but don't discredit the courage of your fellow countrymen.
Even the police were afraid to face the terrorists and you are saying those guest would have stood up against 4-5 terrorists armed with AK 47s & Grenades
who were battle trained & brainwashed

When u see a Group of Terrorists armed with Assault rifles & Grenades U don't stay there and try to beat him with ur little handgun
u run for your life that's the basic instinct

U need to get yourself checked by a good doc

P.S. better watch your language

ya that i gotta learn form some gunrunner???

This is just not about Terror or Mumbai attacks... the reason more gun licenses need to be issued to responsible citizens. The anti social elements have access to illegal guns and citizens have no way of defending themselves. It is utmost need for restructuring gun laws. other than that due to draconian gun laws .. there are no private players in the gun smithing industry, hence our country struggles to make world class small arms.

And how is the Govt Gonna find out if Someone is responsible or not??
Can they read Someones mind???
Pls Share ur Knowledge :cheesy:

My take is, Responsible citizen with a graduate degree/ Government servant/ business owner with certain income cap/ location w.r.t nearest police station and most important the individual should not have any police record/felony registered against him/her should be granted the right to bear arms and ammo.

Sorry bro, i don't consider education, social status, job, police record or income as a yardstick to responsible person. It should be a case by case basis.

Beretta has some factory in us
You know a lot about gun manufacturers ;)
You talk a real lobbyist :cheesy:
Learn the meaning of lobbyist first.. then call me names

Don't know why you're pushing so hard for India to change it's gun laws
But here we don't want to face a gun wielding thug in every nook & corner of the street

Cant really put my finger on which is funnier, your lack of manners or your absence of simple logic.
Gun wielding thug is not going to legally obtain a gun with a license. If a belligerent with a gun endangers me or my family with a weapon, in what way can I fend for myself and my family. Essentially what the gun laws have done is without providing the citizens with appropriate protection, has taken away the ability of gun ownership to protect myself and my family against an aggressor with an illegal obtained firearm.

ya handgun as lethal as a 600 rounds/min 30-40 rounds AK 47
height of stupidity
I am pretty sure you have not shot a single bullet in your life, in CQB, hand guns can prove more effective and accurate compared to full scale assault rifles,

Hotel Security had weapons but it didn't do anything & you think a manager or some guest(with a puny handgun) would risk his life
which world are u livin in???

What do you know about these guests that you have been talking about, seems like you know each and everyone of em personally to criticize thier valor.. Do you know how many of them lost their lives trying to save others?
provide one source where Security guards were armed with anything sophisticated enough. Are security organisations in India allowed use Prohibited caliber? Are carbines/SMG licensed to any private security organisation?
If you are arguing just for the sake of refuting me, then this is pointless.

Even the police were afraid to face the terrorists and you are saying those guest would have stood up against 4-5 terrorists armed with AK 47s & Grenades
who were battle trained & brainwashed

This is the dumbest thing to say, Police were afraid to face them,

When u see a Group of Terrorists armed with Assault rifles & Grenades U don't stay there and try to beat him with ur little handgun
u run for your life that's the basic instinct

Speak for yourself, I have professional tactical training in handguns and high powered hunting rifles, I have gun permits for both and I own several, When i return back to India I would like to have the same security that I enjoy now. The strictest model of gun control in US is in california, that could be a good model for relaxing the gun laws in India. under current system, gun licenses are only being issued to relatives of officials and political figures in hig positions.

U need to get yourself checked by a good doc
you seriously dont know how to have a conversation

ya that i gotta learn form some gunrunner???

Me questioning gun laws in India makes me a gun runner? grow up

And how is the Govt Gonna find out if Someone is responsible or not??
Can they read Someones mind???
Pls Share ur Knowledge :cheesy:

How are they issuing right now?
The issue here is, gun licenses are being issued on the basis of "threat to life explanation" which has no standard definition. A guideline for responsible citizen as a gun applicant can be established on , firearm safety course (similar to hunters Ed in other countries ), clean record, no convictions of felony/misdemeanors, Residential location (distance from police stations, high crime neighborhood, etc), Minimum educational qualification..etc, can serve as a method to revitalize the existing gun laws.

Sorry bro, i don't consider education, social status, job, police record or income as a yardstick to responsible person. It should be a case by case basis.

But the entire objective is to streamline and standardize the process... Gun ownership should not be based on personal opinion or interpretation of the license provider. thats what happening right now, and the only people who are getting a license are the relatives and friends of people in higher position in politics and administration

But the entire objective is to streamline and standardize the process... Gun ownership should not be based on personal opinion or interpretation of the license provider. thats what happening right now, and the only people who are getting a license are the relatives and friends of people in higher position in politics and administration

My opinion is that an illiterate farmer in a far flung area should gave an equal right to own a gun so as to protect his crops from wild animals as a rich businessman living in the middle of city for personal protection.
A point system can be adopted so as to standardize the process for gun issue taking into account the area in which the person lives, threat to his life etc and if the point gets to a particular level gun licence can be issued.

My opinion is that an illiterate farmer in a far flung area should gave an equal right to own a gun so as to protect his crops from wild animals as a rich businessman living in the middle of city for personal protection.
A point system can be adopted so as to standardize the process for gun issue taking into account the area in which the person lives, threat to his life etc and if the point gets to a particular level gun licence can be issued.

I like your idea of having a point system. There should be a good training course for firearm safety, for crop protection and farm needs , smaller caliber semi auto rifles can be issued for such purpose. For obtaining conceal carry handguns the process should be screened better. Here in California, rules on Long guns are relaxed whereas rules for conceal carry handguns are stricter.. point based system can be effective to allow the user buy different classes of firearms.

I agreed with you on this, but to a certain even a solid law abiding citizen can turn mad and disillusion enough to solve confrontation with a gun. A gun is fine to me at home to be serve as protection of the home and family. Now here in America and in the state of Texas we have concealed hand gun laws, allowing the gun owners to carry a hand gun in public at only in certain places like outside the house, inside the vehicle, or out on the ranch on horseback.

I like to know if there are any conceal hand gun laws in India?

I am not aware of concealed carry in India.. but the fact is gun laws in India discourage citizens from owning a firearm. Our gun laws are based on the same principle what the British had set for colonial India

Back
Top Bottom