What's new

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN INDIA

Well, there are reasons for that you know. Rest assured, the world has nothing personal against Pakistan or Pakistanis.

Maybe you could spend some time understanding why the situation in Pakistan is given so much more importance than the Naxal activities in NE India.

Man you people live in a world of deniel ...

World has one and only one thing against PAKISTAN...

STRONGEST MUSLIM COUNTRY !

Your mind is too small to get it !

But you make propagada for the otherwise options... Hilarious

Man you people live in a world of deniel World has one and only one thing against PAKISTAN...

Perhaps my mind is too small to understand how the Jews of the world are out to destroy Muslim Pakistan.

But I do know one thing: No one can destroy you unless you are already weak enough from within.

Perhaps my mind is too small to understand how the Jews of the world are out to destroy Muslim Pakistan.

But I do know one thing: No one can destroy you unless you are already weak enough from within.

Correct you are but wise you are not!

I am not wise either ........ It needs not wisdom to understand the plans against Muslims from the Jews and the Christians and the others but it requires Muslims to stick to their faith and act like one.

A time for that will come... Its our belief.

Man you people live in a world of deniel ...

World has one and only one thing against PAKISTAN...

But you make propagada for the otherwise options... Hilarious

First of all the topic is in wrong section "Indian Military & Strategic Affairs"
Secondly the Domestic violence term normally refers to violence within the household.
Thirdly if you are referring to internal issues and violence in India then you should change the topic name.
Fourthly India has more number of Muslims than Pakistan.

This what hurts me Salim, not that i am against other Nations or Religions ...

But the fact that .. It seems the rest of the world has nothing but to media bash Pakistan .... Like its some sort of Hell on earth

The feeling is the same all over the world - that their country is being bashed by the world!

So, whats new?

First of all the topic is in wrong section "Indian Military & Strategic Affairs"
Secondly the Domestic violence term normally refers to violence within the household.
Thirdly if you are referring to internal issues and violence in India then you should change the topic name.
Fourthly India has more number of Muslims than Pakistan.

In house Violence and Household violence are meant for the same thing .. Domestic Violence ... Correct thou that the domestic term is usually used for In house violence but it can be used for Violence with India.

No?.

Depends largely on Context mostly in US and India Domestic violence refers to in house disputes.

Hence you had few queries earlier asking about Domestic violence.

Depends largely on Context mostly in US and India Domestic violence refers to in house disputes.

Hence you had few queries earlier asking about Domestic violence.

I know friend but its not a Universal truth that Domestic violence term cannot be used for Internal Affairs of India!

I must admit when I read the thread title the first thing that came to my head was household/family fights.I think insurgency is a better word.

Hon Members,

Domestic violence is not limited to one country. In the UK a drunk hunsband returns home from the pub and takes it on the poor wife and kids. In India to a large extent and also in Pakistan, violence occurs because the women has brought in less dowry than was expected and/ or is guilty of producing more female children.

Main difference being that while in the UK & US, wife has the recourse to go to the law and get the perpetrator behind bars. In the subcontinent, the poor wife has to bear it as she has very little options. A women without a husband is considered a curse.

Domestic violence is more endemic in the poor and uneducated classes where
it is not considered a bad thing for a husband to occasionally beat up his spouse. In many cases, the mother in law evn encourages her son. Whenever I read about some poor women being burnt by a cooking stove having burst; I think it more than likely that it was not an accident.

Only solution is empowerment of women; getting rid of the dowry system and eliminating the stigma of divorce. Islam allows 'Khula' that is annulment of marriage if the husband does grevious bodily harm to the wife. In Pakistan there is also the curse of what is called a "Sharia" mehar( Dower). It is strange that while in Arab countries and in Iran, mehar is directly proportional to the status of the bride ( it is common to ask for a very large sum to be paid in advance), in Pakistan, more often than not it is peanuts. One of the Arab friend explained to me that a marriage contract is actually a contract of cohabitation betweeen adult muslim male and female and it is legal for a women or a man ( pre nuptual agreement) to put whatever conditions they like before they agree to live together. But since Pakistani culture is still largely a hindu culture, it is frowned upon to ask for a large mehar and whenever a women is divorced, it is asumed that she is at fault. Probably situation is worse in India.

There is a strong need in both India and Pakistan to set up charity legal centres specially meant to fight cases of domestic violence against women of their behalf. IMO physically beating a women, no matter what her fault, is the one of the most cowardly acts.

:) awwwwww

why not to title it decade-old home-grown insurgencies in India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom