What's new

DRDO to be build next Generation Phalcons AEW&C for IAF

As per Artra microwaves site,the LSTAR antenna will be fitted with 1248 t/r modules packed in 208 multi module packages with each package having 6 modules and each t/r module has peak power output of 128 watt.So this means DRDO AWACS will have slightly greater number of t/r modules than Saab 2000 Erieye and that means it may have greater tracking range. .

Isn't 128 watt a bit less? I mean, even combat aircraft TR modules can handle 5-20 Kilo watts.

Nope.The 5-20 kilo watt you talking about is not the power output of a single transmit module,but the total power output of the antenna itself.Actually 128 watt/transmitter is too high-just do the math 1248X128 watt!!Just think for a moment,even if we take a moderate 10%duty cycle how much heat will be generated!!

oho, DRDO involvement ........ it will be a venture spread over next couple of centuries, and may remain a technology demonstrator - a euphemism popularly used by Bharat for failed projects.

i can only pitty your IGNORANCE!!
DRDO has manufactured this master piece all by itself..
the basic fundamental block of our AESA i.e t/r modules were indigenously manufactured by ASTRA MICROWAVES..
our 8-CHANNEL TRMM is a master piece of engineering and yes DRDO has a PATENT for that..
i am sure NOT even chinese have "patented" their TRMMs...
i would love to see the patent grants of similar chinese t/r modules

DRDO will run for its money even to CCP propaganda machinery in terms of all propaganda and nothing to show for its tall claims.GOI must convert DRDO into propaganda machinery and start another dept.for research.

Arey bhai first make build the machine then hawai teer choro.:rolleyes:

Dr SARASWAT speaking about upcoming AESA AWACS (with 360 degree coverage)...a triangular shaped radome mounted on a bigger platform
DRDO chief V.K. Saraswaswat on AWACS , AESA radar and Arjun Tank ( Part - 7) - YouTube

DRDO will run for its money even to CCP propaganda machinery in terms of all propaganda and nothing to show for its tall claims.GOI must convert DRDO into propaganda machinery and start another dept.for research.

Arey bhai first make build the machine then hawai teer choro.:rolleyes:

aajtak apne aap se khud khuch banaya hai aapne,for example a PID controlled automation system or 8051 controlled simple line follower bot?...
i urge you to DELVE DEEPER INTO THE RESEARCH ASPECT ...
here is a video which will clear the doubts of many critics about DRDO's AESA AWACS project
India's Airborne Early Warning & Control System [AEW&CS] development programme - YouTube

IF ANYONE OUT HERE HAS ANY DOUBTS REGARDING INDIA'S PHASED ARRAY RADARs,then feel free to contact me anytime,i would love to clear all your doubts...
thanks in advance!!

India can do It.

oho, DRDO involvement ........ it will be a venture spread over next couple of centuries, and may remain a technology demonstrator - a euphemism popularly used by Bharat for failed projects.
so my friend can you provide the list of countries who has develop Nuclear submarine, ABM systems, and Launched 10 Satellites with one rocket, developed super computer, had moon mission, and has its own strategic command, i would suggest a person who is
nationalist of country can't build rail engines should not raise question on country like India. and yes we have problems with HAL Tejas but building Jet Engine is much complex that developing nuclear tech. so It will take time. even High IQ Chinese got struck and finally they copied Russian engine later named Ws-10. so please check your home then talk about others my friend.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ation-phalcons-aew-c-iaf-9.html#ixzz22koSei6K

IF ANYONE OUT HERE HAS ANY DOUBTS REGARDING INDIA'S PHASED ARRAY RADARs,then feel free to contact me anytime,i would love to clear all your doubts...
thanks in advance!!

It's not the doubt about the radar, but about DRDO itself! They didn't delivered the AWACS in time, just like they didn't deleivered MMR for LCA, so their focus should be on proving their capabilities by finishing these projects, before starting the next once!
More than a 360° radar detection on a bigger platform India needs numbers of EMB 145 DRDO AWACSs, with will be capable and cost-effective. They besides the A50 Phalcons would be operationally way better than adding a 3rd type of AWACS only to show off that they developed such things.
The same BS that they try with AMCA before a single LCA, AESA radar befor MMR is ready, Kaveri for UCAVs or naval vessels before the basic K9 is fully developed.

It's not the doubt about the radar, but about DRDO itself! They didn't delivered the AWACS in time, just like they didn't deleivered MMR for LCA, so their focus should be on proving their capabilities by finishing these projects, before starting the next once!
More than a 360° radar detection on a bigger platform India needs numbers of EMB 145 DRDO AWACSs, with will be capable and cost-effective. They besides the A50 Phalcons would be operationally way better than adding a 3rd type of AWACS only to show off that they developed such things.
The same BS that they try with AMCA before a single LCA, AESA radar befor MMR is ready, Kaveri for UCAVs or naval vessels before the basic K9 is fully developed.

i wonder,the "outsiders" have so different opinion of DRDO,as i have my self worked on our phased array radars,i hold a distinctly different opinion...and NO it is NOT about show-off,it is NOT at all about show off,rather it is to make india self reliant in AESA radar technology,i am sure you too understand that we cant just simply keep on importing israeli ELTA-2075,at one time or the other we would have to develop such a system ourselves,and that is precisely why DRDO is actively working on "BHARAT AEW&CS" with 360 degree coverage....
i have serious literature dealing with "triangular" shaped radome on which DRDO is working right now,it is revolutionary as it has very less drag coefficient vis-a-vis other similar 360 degree radome structures...
here by "triangular" i meant,the radome shaped in popular cold and cough tablet "vicks"(not like the usual circular shaped radome)

India can do It.

so my friend can you provide the list of countries who has develop Nuclear submarine, ABM systems, and Launched 10 Satellites with one rocket, developed super computer, had moon mission, and has its own strategic command, i would suggest a person who is
nationalist of country can't build rail engines should not raise question on country like India. and yes we have problems with HAL Tejas but building Jet Engine is much complex that developing nuclear tech. so It will take time. even High IQ Chinese got struck and finally they copied Russian engine later named Ws-10. so please check your home then talk about others my friend.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ation-phalcons-aew-c-iaf-9.html#ixzz22koSei6K
\

We must not post flame comments, It will attract unwanted flame posts, and this beautiful thread will spoiled.
@red part: I disagree with you, They didn't copy Russian Engine..... :angry:

They copied American Engine...(I remember one post when similar point raised, One chinese member argued tht Two american engines were came for evaluation (Before Tainmain square massacre), which chinese govt never returned. It was rumor that America provided Israeli LAVI design to china and wanted to sell American Engines. , But still these are rumors.. ) :china:

i wonder,the "outsiders" have so different opinion of DRDO,as i have my self worked on our phased array radars,i hold a distinctly different opinion...

That's actually not possible, because you would have to prove that DRDO was able to deliver any of the techs that I meantioned in time or at least till now, which they didn't. So you might have a better inside about the developments, but can't deny that DRDO failed to fullfil their promises so far.

and NO it is NOT about show-off,it is NOT at all about show off,rather it is to make india self reliant in AESA radar technology,i am sure you too understand that we cant just simply keep on importing israeli ELTA-2075

Which we don't have to, if we have DRDOs AESA techs on the EMB 145 platform, but that's simply not enough for DRDO to prove that they are as capable as other top manufacturers, that's why they push for a bigger platform and a 360° radar, or the other examples that I gave.

at one time or the other we would have to develop such a system ourselves,and that is precisely why DRDO is actively working on "BHARAT AEW&CS" with 360 degree coverage...
i have serious literature dealing with "triangular" shaped radome on which DRDO is working right now,it is revolutionary as it has very less drag coefficient vis-a-vis other similar 360 degree radome structures

But that didn't happened in the past and now, 360° detection is not that important anymore, but that we don't fall even further behind PAF and PLAAF in terms of AWACS coverage, because of the development delays of DRDO. So they should think about the defence of the country first and not their own ego! We need a cost-effective system than can be developed and inducted as soon as possible, not the best system that will be available in future only.

@sancho...
i wish you had read something deeper i mean besides usual media bashing of DRDO projects

@sancho..
i would humbly suggest you to delve deeper into the technological requirements of developing a turbofan/gas turbine engine from "scratch" with no prior experience...

It's not the techs itself, but the fact that I don't want the security of India to suffer, just because some people want to show the world we can do it on our own, which we obviously can't so far and why we still need much foreign assistance.
DRDO has fields where their show good performance, but many fields where they don't and where they caused major failures for our indigenous aero industry, you simply can't deny that!

Back
Top Bottom