What's new

DUAL CITIZENSHIP?

Should Pakistan abolish dual citizenship law?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see where you are coming from, make some money from them, but if our pot leaks water, it is best to fix those holes rather than pouring in more water. The last time I was in a Pakistani airport I had to pay extra to stop the staff from stealing my camera. Pay some money and you can get your camera, if not then it will go 'missing'. This kind of experience does not make me want to pay anything towards Pakistan in the fear that it'll be stolen by some idiot and not go towards the countries coffers (where it can be stolen by another idiot).

The problem was never the shortage of money. If we can improve our law & order system and reduce corruption, we won't need the extra $50 mentioned at all.

The second problem I see is lack of coordination between Pakistan and its citizens abroad. The expats are an asset; an ambassador, a PR representative and a marketing executive combined in one. We can use this to build people-to-people relations and help the Western countries understand our importance to them on a global level.

The $50 are going straight into the pockets of those who already have enough to feed all of Pakistan for years.

Back
Top Bottom