MKI
Pak-Fa
EFT
mig 29

attack fleet at its best.....

I think you will be dissapointed.

We are not attacking anyone:P

hahaha...

Off topic but No one is attacking us as well....
Who will attack us when we have these jets??...

Again you will be disspointed:cheesy::)

c'mon dash, dont tell me you dont know who can make such silly moves :P

c'mon dash, dont tell me you dont know who can make such silly moves :P
Leave them alone. They jusy doodle:lol:

You know what we will make a some more museums for these jets by the borders.
so that any visitor will pay a heavy price....;)..what say:pop:

I hope we select them...just imagine the combination

MKI
Pak-Fa
EFT
mig 29

attack fleet at its best.....:sniper:

Nice on paper for sure, but with the infos we have at the moment and with our operational needs, this is clearly not a good mix, because EF, MKI and Pak Fa are air superiority fighters!
IAF would not be a balanced force, because we would be dependent on old Jaguars and Mirage 2000 fighter in the strike role for the next 1.5 decades or even longer (depending on when AURA UCAV, or AMCA could be developed).
The biggest handicaps of EF are still the very limited A2G capabilities and the delays in development and integration. The first AESA radars will be ready only by 2015 and won't be mature of course, latest reports even say, that they will only have A2A modes by then and A2G must be added later. Other downsides are limited range and the lack of a dedicated station for pods, that's why the litening pod at the moment must be carried at the centerline station. That means 1 heavy station for fuel tanks, heavy weapons will be unnecessarily occupied.

All the EF in this stage will be useful for is air defense and strikes with LGB in closer ranges only, but even the much cheaper Mig 35, or Gripen NG could offer the same. The Gripen is even offered with the same capabilities, highly manouverable with delta canard design, AIM 9/ AIM 120, or Iris-T/ METEOR missiles combos, US A2G weapons, Swashplate radar, Supercruise capability. The leaves the EF only with advantages in terms of ToT, political benefits and offsets.

IMO it would be very surprising if the EF will be shortlisted to the final stages.

Nice on paper for sure, but with the infos we have at the moment and with our operational needs, this is clearly not a good mix, because EF, MKI and Pak Fa are air superiority fighters!
IAF would not be a balanced force, because we would be dependent on old Jaguars and Mirage 2000 fighter in the strike role for the next 1.5 decades or even longer (depending on when AURA UCAV, or AMCA could be developed).
The biggest handicaps of EF are still the very limited A2G capabilities and the delays in development and integration. The first AESA radars will be ready only by 2015 and won't be mature of course, latest reports even say, that they will only have A2A modes by then and A2G must be added later. Other downsides are limited range and the lack of a dedicated station for pods, that's why the litening pod at the moment must be carried at the centerline station. That means 1 heavy station for fuel tanks, heavy weapons will be unnecessarily occupied.

All the EF in this stage will be useful for is air defense and strikes with LGB in closer ranges only, but even the much cheaper Mig 35, or Gripen NG could offer the same. The Gripen is even offered with the same capabilities, highly manouverable with delta canard design, AIM 9/ AIM 120, or Iris-T/ METEOR missiles combos, US A2G weapons, Swashplate radar, Supercruise capability. The leaves the EF only with advantages in terms of ToT, political benefits and offsets.

IMO it would be very surprising if the EF will be shortlisted to the final stages.

you forgot one important thing the cost..:cheers:

I'm not really sure why some people are complaining about the price of the Typhoon, its simple, you get what you pay for and in this case for India, they're getting a fantastic deal; full ToT, partnership which in turn will let them have a say on what they want should they choose Typhoon plus other things they'll get. They'll get the best deal here if they choose Typhoon, better than what the Americans have to offer which will just invlove sanctions no matter how good or bad the deal is. Plus they'll have some seriously good back-up from Europe if something not very pleasant should happen. The bigger picture has got to be looked at here.

Back
Top Bottom