What's new

Eating less meat is more Islamic

That entirely depends on your Diet.. I've seen some pretty well built vegetarians and two UFC Fighters are vegetarians. My Co worker at RIM was a fairly tall well built guy and he was a vegetarian but he had a very strong vegetarian diet though like he'd eat about 4 meals a day easy.

Yep agree, I was largely referring to lazy vegatarians. A good muscle building Veg diet is really hard to put together and maintain while it is relatively easy to gain with meat (sounds a bit dirty there :rolleyes:)

And neat you work for RIM? how are you guys dealing with the bannings? The stocks taken quite a hit no? (my prof who use to work in UW recently told us an anecdote about how the RIM guys came to the math department's coffee room offering RIM stock for a buck a share :) :) :) )

I think people are missing out the part of eating "less meat" compared to eating "no meat"

Hamza yusuf is comparing the eating habits of the Prophet (SAW) and saying that if you want to be close to him and follow his lifestyle, you should eat less meat as he hardly had meat in his regular meals. Ofcourse that doesn't mean that he NEVER had any meat.

Disclosure
I will confess that I have some sort of meat (fish, chicken, lamb) almost everyday :D

I think people are missing out the part of eating "less meat" compared to eating "no meat"

Hamza yusuf is comparing the eating habits of the Prophet (SAW) and saying that if you want to be close to him and follow his lifestyle, you should eat less meat as he hardly had meat in his regular meals. Ofcourse that doesn't mean that he NEVER had any meat.

Disclosure
I will confess that I have some sort of meat (fish, chicken, lamb) almost everyday :D

People generally had less meat in 400 AD, but it's more a reflection of what was available than what a specific choice for diet would have been.

True that, not to mention the insane amounts of work being done with Biofuels ( I am all for Algae Biofuels but Crop Biofuels is a killer for those who need food in developing countries). Thousands of tons crops are going towards Animal feeds or Biofuels. Most of the Cows that are raised in these places have never even seen proper green grass.

Good point, and also to add - beef from cattle fed on grass is more healthy than from cattle fed on corn feed.

This is a biochemistry falsehood. The cholesterol you eat doesn't equal cholesterol in your blood and liver. Cholesterol is hormonal control first and foremost, how else does cholesterol medication work when they don't cut down the amount of cholesterol you eat.

People associate high cholesterol with high fat foods because obesity is related to cholesterol levels.

Well as someone who does not touch fried food, nor any sweets, my only vice has been red meat (Steak in particluar) that can be attributed to my relatively high cholesterol level.....

As far as my knowledge goes, High Cholesterol is not hereditary....

This is what I know....
There is good Cholesterol....HDL which is high in sources such as Avacado, Shrimp etc and is encouraged by nutriotionists......

Then there is the Cholesterol that increases your tri-glycerides.....found in the likes of mutton, beef (non lean) etc....this is particular is highly unhealthy.....the cause of major obesity and heart problems in a lot of Americans.....Nutritionists recommend limiting the intake of these food sources....

Last edited:
i have eaten a veg haleem, its purely a personal matter, eating less meat or more doesnt fluctuate your faith, its not for us to decide whether a muslim should eat meat or not, its their own choice

They might smell nicer, but vegetarian men have the bodies of 12 year olds. What will the women say when they see that? I'll stick with my meaty high protein diet and good hygiene thanks.

Major urban myth my friend.....

Lentils and Red beans are equally good if not better source of protein as meat.....

I eat Beans and toast every morning.....amazing source of energy....perfect before a workout

I changed my diet to 5 to 6 days veg with very little meat, and one day on fried chicken or burger in KFC or McDonald or whatever. In 1 year my weight went down 10 Kg and my Fatty liver aka beer stomach (liver clogged with thick layer of fat) was gone.

The best thing is now I walk with ease, no heavy smelling sweat.

Veg food can be wonderful if you add flavour to your taste, like it hot? Just add chilly, honey, garlic, onion, sugar, vinegar, spices.

who is that brainiac discussing such an important issue !!!
if god has given smthing to eat then eat it ! and be thankful whether meat .veg or beans .

Pakistan's meat fetish has resulted in importation of cattle from India. While Turkey is also importing cattle from Europe and South America. Meat is very expensive to produce while it is very nutritious as it has proteins, iron, vitamins needed by human body and is very tasty. The meat diet also played huge role in evolution of humanity and we have carnivorous teeth.

Human digestive system is not suitable for meat consumption naturally..
and u get all sorts of disease when u eat more meat..moderate to one servings per week is OK.medically..but iI love tikkz's & steak:D

everything should be done in balance (This is Islam), of course eating too much meat like most people in the world do these days is wrong and really bad for health

This is true, muslims should be 80% vegetarian, meat should only be eaten special occasions

Back
Top Bottom