What's new

India becomes one of biggest losers of Huawei Mate 60 event

kankan326

Reaction score
Country
China
There is an ancient Chinese idiom that can precisely describe India's current status in the world: 狐假虎威 (Fox borrows power from tiger). The short story behind it: A fox was caught by a tiger. The fox told the tiger:" You can not eat me because I'm sent by heaven to rule all animals." Tiger didn't believe what he said. "Follow me. I will prove it" Fox said. Wherever the fox and tiger passed by, all animals fled. “See. These animals are all afraid of me." Fox proudly said to Tiger.

From Chinese perspective to say, it's hard to understand why India is so arrogant and confident now. Has India become powerful in economy and science? No. Did Indians worked hard and make efforts to gain present status? No. India is cheering for something they never worked for and hasn't happened yet. India became important for the west simply because US wants to use India to contain China. US and Canada are not afraid of India. No one is afraid of fox. India's "intimidating" status is borrowed from China.

The biggest victim of Huawei Mate60 phone launch is US. Second victim is India. Apple has lost its bargaining chip to force Chinese production chain factories to move to Inida. The real tiger can change its destiny by its own efforts. India's ambition of Apple's production chain investments seems to face hard hit.

1696475115096.png

Last edited:
China is very assertive to obliterate both TSMC and ASML as the aftermath of this ongoing high-tech war.

This will serve as a perfect example to the rest of the world as a diehard US lapdog.

India is not on our radar right now.

India will counter China in producing smartphones only in their dreams.

Over half of smartphones sold in India are Chinese brands.

Most of the Indian local smartphone brands are garbage and have no customers.

They hardly make any cellphones parts in India, and have to import it from China. Batteries, screens, System on Chip (SoC), SMDs, camera modules, even the circuit boards, mostly in subassemblies.

Nice story of fox and tiger. But the context and it’s relevance in this scenario is out of place.

India is not trying to manufacture phones for fun and spite China. It is doing so for creating jobs and make India a manufacturing hub. The environment is ripe to get the manufacturing shifted to India. It is pure amd simple business. If Huawei wants to start business then it can apply for license like Xiaomi and few other Chinese companies. It would be evaluated and cleared of it has any merit.

India became important for the west simply because US wants to use India to contain China.
Is India trying to intimidate anyone? It is not. You might make claims, saying otherwise but that is just a differing view.
The biggest victim of Huawei Mate60 phone launch is US. Second victim is India.
We will live without Mate60. We have enough kinds available. By the way many Chinese companies are falling over each other and setting up manufacturing in India. This is so even when India has taken serious legal action against them.
India's ambition of Apple's production chain investments seems to face hard hit.
Is it? You see the way it has been scaled up and the future plans?

Apple has lost its bargaining chip to force Chinese production chain factories to move to Inida.

Can you please explain this, how?

I agree with the Chinese idiom and how it applies to India in the current world.

There is an ancient Chinese idiom that can precisely describe India's current status in the world: 狐假虎威 (Fox borrows power from tiger). The short story behind it: A fox was caught by a tiger. The fox told the tiger:" You can not eat me because I'm sent by heaven to rule all animals." Tiger didn't believe what he said. "Follow me. I will prove it" Fox said. Wherever the fox and tiger passed by, all animals fled. “See. These animals are all afraid of me." Fox proudly said to Tiger.

From Chinese perspective to say, it's hard to understand why India is so arrogant and confident now. Has India become powerful in economy and science? No. Did Indians worked hard and make efforts to gain present status? No. India is cheering for something they never worked for and hasn't happened. India became important for the west simply because US wants to use India to contain China. US and Canada are not afraid of India. No one is afraid of fox. India's "intimidating" status is borrowed from China.

The biggest victim of Huawei Mate60 phone launch is US. Second victim is India. Apple has lost its bargaining chip to force Chinese production chain factories to move to Inida. The real tiger can change its destiny by its own efforts. India's ambition of Apple's production chain investments seems to face hard hit.
1696474118556.png

From Chinese perspective to say, it's hard to understand why India is so arrogant and confident now. Has India become powerful in economy and science? No. Did Indians worked hard and make efforts to gain present status? No. India is cheering for something they never worked for and hasn't happened. India became important for the west simply because US wants to use India to contain China. US and Canada are not afraid of India. No one is afraid of fox. India's "intimidating" status is borrowed from China.

What is Huawei, did I miss anything?

What is this tiger and fox thing to do with iPhone?

Can you please explain this, how?

I agree with the Chinese idiom and how it applies to India in the current world.
In 2022, Chinese camera lens producer OFILM, who was once Apple's supplier, was kicked out from Apple production chain. OFILM immediately lost 90% business. All Chinese Apple production chain suppliers were frightened by this event. Apple is moving its production chain to India. According to Apple original plan, its Chinese suppliers should also have to move to India. Now Huawei is back. Chinese suppliers don't need to follow Apple's order, They have another big customer---- Huawei

In 2022, Chinese camera lens producer OFILM, who was once Apple's supplier, was kicked out from Apple production chain. OFILM immediately lost 90% business. All Chinese Apple production chain suppliers were frightened by this event. Apple is moving its production chain to India. According to Apple original plan, its Chinese suppliers should also have to move to India. Now Huawei is back. Chinese suppliers don't need to follow Apple's order,

We have to make sure that Apple will become 100% Indian in the future.

All Chinese suppliers will be decoupled with that rotten apple.

In 2022, Chinese camera lens producer OFILM, who was once Apple's supplier, was kicked out from Apple production chain. OFILM immediately lost 90% business. All Chinese Apple production chain suppliers were frightened by this event. Apple is moving its production chain to India. According to Apple original plan, its Chinese suppliers should also have to move to India. Now Huawei is back. Chinese suppliers don't need to follow Apple's order, They have another big customer---- Huawei

Ah ok, I see. Why can't the Chinese government impose high tax/tariffs on Apple to sell their phones in China and then tell them behind the scenes that the tariffs will be withdrawn if their factory and all component makers stay in China.

We have to make sure that Apple will become 100% Indian in the future.

All Chinese suppliers will be decoupled with that rotten apple.

China is one of Apple's biggest markets. If they make everything in India, China should impose heavy taxes to double or triple the prices on Apple products in China. That will do that job. Apple won't be able to sell same number of it's products in India, less number of Indian people have the purchasing power to buy Apple products compared to China.

Last edited:
India will counter China in producing smartphones only in their dreams.

Over half of smartphones sold in India are Chinese brands.

Most of the Indian local smartphone brands are garbage and have no customers.

They hardly make any cellphones parts in India, and have to import it from China. Batteries, screens, System on Chip (SoC), SMDs, camera modules, even the circuit boards, mostly in subassemblies.

It is the US has a wet dream to force the Chinese suppliers to relocate in India.

Just like they have forced TSMC to build a 5nm chip factory in Arizona, and it has failed miserably.

Those redneck workers are just dumb as rock, and they can't make qualified chips even the the babysitting from TSMC engineers. Yet the white workers are paid 2 - 3 times the salary of the Taiwanese engineers.

A lot of Taiwanese engineers are now complaining that they now face racism from those rednecks, and the working condition is just horrendous.

The modern white workers' work quality is pretty much comparable to the Indian workers, more bragging and talk big than actual hard work.

Ah ok, I see. Why can't the Chinese government impose high tax/tariffs on Apple to sell their phones in China and then tell them behind the scenes that the tariffs will be withdrawn if their factory and all component makers must stay in China.

China is one of Apple's biggest markets. If they make everything in India, China should impose heavy taxes to double or triple the prices on Apple products in China. That will do that job. Apple won't be able to sell same number of it's products in India, less number of Indian people have the purchasing power to buy Apple products compared to China.

Since the US has banned Huawei even in the non-American western countries, and China will eventually resort the tit for tat retaliation.

Now Huawei is back. Chinese suppliers don't need to follow Apple's order, They have another big customer---- Huawei
That’s great news for China and Huawei.
Sadly, Huawei is banned in many countries and Huawei phones also don’t have access to Google ecosystem. Personally, I find Huawei devices to be great hardware that incudes its wearable devices too. But, lack of good software and its compatibility to other devices makes the overall experience subpar.
It has been trying to develop its own OS and an ecosystem. But it hasn’t gained the kind of traction, that can take them to pole position.

It doesn’t have access to some of the biggest mobile phone markets. So, it is Huawei that has more to loose than India.

Mate, your Mate60 can remain in China. We are doing OK.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom