What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

The criticism was about the expansion of democracy via evangelism. There is a difference between theoretical democracy and applicable democratic INSTITUTIONS. We believe in democracy in principle but we also advocate that each country create democratic institutions that are -- and usually must be -- unique to that country. If there are minorities in that country, then institutions must be created to protect their voices and persona safety. This is as low in details as we will go. We do not want to micromanage the creation of these institutions.

1. By Evangelical zeal, i meant the blind support provided by US media and to large extent current US administration even when it is clear that vote would bring most rabid genocider in power. Not related to religion (If you misunderstood that).

{ I am talking about the hype of Arab Spring }

2. Democracy requires certain pre-ordinate conditions to flourish.

3. Middle east is better under the care of Kings and Pharaohs.

If your enemy is cheering for what happened then it cannot be in the interest of Egyptian people.

You are a Shiite who is enemy of the Sunni people so it is interesting how a Shia is uniting with the damn Zionist.

So far Indians , Shiite Iranians and damn Zionist are clapping, who are the enemies of Egyptian Sunni Muslims.

How could that be good for Egypt ?
your opinion is an extremist opinion.

1/ i am shia and i never considered myself ennemy of sunnis. sunnis are as muslim as i am

2/ i am clapping not because i am shia but because i see the hapiness of Egyptians
and by the way i am totally anti Khamenei , anti "spiritual leader" of Iran

3/ Egypt having no influence by Israel or Iran (which are two countries having lot of troubles with each other by the way)
Iran influence in Egypt ? nearly zero

How funny that the American ZIONIST TURN THEIR BACK ON DEMOCRACY if the elected Government overseas does not meet their approval. You are a damn Hypocrite who would never accept a Martial Law at home but you would use Martial Law to subvert Democracy abroad.
Morsi abandoned democratic processes when he called the vote in favor of the Constitution a triumph. Obviously the majority of the voters did not support it as turnout was very low. The courts ruled months ago that the Parliamentary elections were not acceptable. If you didn't know these things, you are ignorant; if you did know them, you are trying to deceive.

Since in 2007 I was demonstrating against Mubarak when he was still perceived as America's stooge, ignorance is your most likely excuse. You may want to change your handle until you've boned up on matters and have more experience in democracy yourself. In ten or fifteen years perhaps the "sage" bit will be appropriate - but that's a moniker that should come from others, not yourself.

:bounce::yahoo::victory::yay:

Muslim Brotherhood is gone !!!:chilli::nana:

Both Jordan and Saudi Arabia are safe from these loons for now.

It saddens me that you and us have the same view regarding him and MB. :cry:

He probably does not understand the implications of ouster of MB. Now with a US friendly Egypt, Not only present, but future of Iran-Egypt relations is bleak.

democracy needs time , Morsi should have been given some more time, 1 year is just too early to judge a president/prime minister , if the people want democracy then, they should also have some patience & maturity to give the democratically elected government its due time, getting fed up after every 1 year & jumping up & down in tahrir square is not revolution its called "Anarchism"

@Pfpilot Sir, what makes me really sad is the fact that you could replace Egypt with Pakistan in your post above, and it would really hit home, very hard.

To be honest, when I had initially written this post, I had mentioned Pakistan repeatedly. But I felt on this thread, the Egyptian cause deserved my full attention. I had assumed, due to my own struggle to keep Pakistani out of this, that my fellow country men would read 'Pakistani' every time I said 'Egyptian'. It truly is sad that many decades after our first elected official, we can still relate very personally to the struggles of a newly fledgling democracy.

Correct so far but this phenomenon is far more common in Muslim countries. I wonder what signals it will send to Turkey?

In my opinion, the nations that have large Muslim populations occupy some of the most poverty stricken regions of the world. People as poor and desperate as these are far easier prey for ambitious men with power, ideology and authority. Whether you are Muslim or not falls to the wayside when you have no food, water, or security. In turn those in power keep these hopeless individuals in desperate circumstances in order to consolidate and stabilize their own power. Ambition of men is not a singularly Islamic concept, but one of human nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep living that delusional dream, you will wake up one day, I hope not the hard way though.

I've already woken up, little brother but the good thing is that I still adhere to certain ideals that I know for a fact will be realized, perhaps in my posterity's days, for they go to the very heart of Islam.

You on the other hand are so bogged down in this Tribal Mentality of 'We are Arabs or we are Afghans etc.' that you can't see beyond those tinted glasses & even take a joke !

Morsi abandoned democratic processes when he called the vote in favor of the Constitution a triumph. Obviously the majority of the voters did not support it as turnout was very low. The courts ruled months ago that the Parliamentary elections were not acceptable. If you didn't know these things, you are ignorant; if you did know them, you are trying to deceive. Since in 2007 I was demonstrating against Mubarak when he was still perceived as America's stooge, ignorance is your most likely excuse.

You may want to change your handle until you've boned up on matters and have more experience in democracy yourself. In ten or fifteen years perhaps the "sage" bit will be appropriate - but that's a moniker that should come from others, not yourself.

Your opinion does not carry any weight with me , Zionist .

It is all BLAH,BLAH AND MORE BLAH, BLAH to me.

1. By Evangelical zeal, i meant the blind support provided by US media and to large extent current US administration even when it is clear that vote would bring most rabid genocider in power. Not related to religion (If you misunderstood that).

{ I am talking about the hype of Arab Spring }

2. Democracy requires certain pre-ordinate conditions to flourish.

3. Middle east is better under the care of Kings and Pharaohs.
Despite what the loony conspiracy theorists believers here say, the rise of democracy believers came from the natives. If they are strong enough to enact democratic principles but not wise enough to create appropriate institutions, their country will pay the price for their shortsightedness.

Sorry, but that is how the dice rolls...

democracy needs time , Morsi should have been given some more time, 1 year is just too early to judge a president/prime minister , if the people want democracy then, they should also have some patience & maturity to give the democratically elected government its due time, getting fed up after every 1 year & jumping up & down in tahrir square is not revolution its called "Anarchism"

i was wondering same thing, what one can do better within just 1 year ? it seems like same thing will happen again when new government will pass just 1 year.

Morsi abandoned democratic processes when he called the vote in favor of the Constitution a triumph. Obviously the majority of the voters did not support it as turnout was very low. The courts ruled months ago that the Parliamentary elections were not acceptable. If you didn't know these things, you are ignorant; if you did know them, you are trying to deceive.

Since in 2007 I was demonstrating against Mubarak when he was still perceived as America's stooge, ignorance is your most likely excuse. You may want to change your handle until you've boned up on matters and have more experience in democracy yourself. In ten or fifteen years perhaps the "sage" bit will be appropriate - but that's a moniker that should come from others, not yourself.
The fact that he gave it to himself is enough to nullify any intellectual qualities implied by the label.

Back
Top Bottom