What's new

Egypt to boost Rafale order by 100 Aircraft as it’s Su-35 failed to withstand Rafale’s SPECTRA electronic attacks

I doubt there is much we can do about it, Jeff can compete against the likes of Tejas and maybe SU-30 to a certain degree. Rafale is a much more advanced fighter and Jeff would be cannon fodder against it. Good thing, india doesnt have many and we prolly will never fight a war against them.

Our only hope is the J20 - lets hope the chinese have a few tricks up their sleeve.

Why ?
Why don't you learn calculus and take up DSP ( Digital Signal Processing).

Egypt sucks at EW warfare. Rafale is one thing. They are several measures which can be used to counter it. So no SU-35 isn't that bad you just need to have proper know how to counter Rafale. Which our pilots thanks to ALLAH has.

Wow, Egypt sucks at EW warfare? Just that line right there without needing to read the rest of your post is proof of several things. 1, it's clear that you are not knowledgeable about the subject when it comes to the EAF or the Egyptian military in general despite your supposed interest in militaries of the world etc. since a comment like that is not only ignorant of the facts, but reeks of unparalleled bias and even hatred to the point where you can't even be objective about the topic. 2, that inherent bias and hatred that's clouding your judgement seems so severe (based on the words in just that comment) that it would be an exercise in futility to even engage with you and waste any time or energy explaining why it's so off the wall that it wouldn't be worth it. Suffice it to say, the advice you are giving to others you should take yourself, specifically the one about going and learning things.

The article in question is a pretty poor piece of writing to put it mildly.
For a start it references a supposed breaking defense article which quotes unnamed egyptian af sources claiming that the su35s radar "failed repeatedly".Strangely tho,when I looked at the referenced article on the breaking defense website,it mentioned nothing about any failures of the su35 radar at the hands of the rafales spectra system.
Essentially the writer for the globaldefensecorp story had taken most of the original article from the breaking defense site,and had added his own little entirely bogus contribution.
Check it out for yourselves

I couldn't have said it better. This exact topic came out about 6 months ago or so and most of it was about how the Egyptian airforce network engineers developed the CIRS2 data link for all combined Egyptian military assets and specifically between the western and Russian airborne platforms. It was mostly about how Dassault had assisted as well as allowed as part of the Rafale purchase deal to use the RBE2 AESA radar and test it and explore its compatibility with other systems to create a offshoot link that would be indigenous and work for all the Egyptian platforms as well as communicate with all other assets such as the EADS and naval units and armored platforms etc.

It was pretty extensive but it was just using the RBE2 to engineer an indigenous link for the EAF to combine its western and Russian aircraft and be able to instantly communicate and share info. That was it.

Now it seems the MB with their sabotaging news networks conveniently added this silly Su-35 radar being incapacitated by the Rafale's SPECTRA which is actually impossible lol in an attempt to create discourse in the EGY military on the international market and who knows what else, maybe to draw attention to the fact that the EAF bought 30 Su-35SEs and ignored CAATSA and these people want to draw it out in the open to remind and force the US to punish Egypt. There are a lot of devious cretins out there with vengeful and just hateful agendas willing to do anything stupid and silly like this just to stick it to the ones they have such spiteful hate for.

I’m confused, for which enemy air force does Eygpt need to upgrade to rafale from su35?

No one and nothing. There is no upgrade of anything against any other thing lol. It's all BS whatever this silly addon to the original article is trying to prove. I can tell you, though, that just recently, they Su-35s have in fact been going up against the Rafales in a multitude of exercises over secluded areas on the southern desert in Egypt. Only gossip about these exercises taking place as they're being done in big-time secrecy for some reason and all we're getting is little bits of whatever is leaking out. But nothing about any SPECTRAs taking out any Su radars.

The author is talking about BARS radar while the SU-35 has IRBIS radar with LPI .. which makes the article still much less credible..

lol that was the first thing I saw when I read that pile of trash! :lol:👍 I saw "BARS" and that was it. Funny thing is that probably flew right over many people's heads, or many people probably didn't know that the BARS radar is that which is in the Su-30MK line of aircraft and the Su-35S has the ever so powerful IRBIS-E in it. But hey, wuttyagonnado?

Last edited:
Wow, Egypt sucks at EW warfare? Just that line right there without needing to read the rest of your post is proof of several things. 1, it's clear that you are not knowledgeable about the subject when it comes to the EAF or the Egyptian military in general despite your supposed interest in militaries of the world etc. since a comment like that is not only ignorant of the facts, but reeks of unparalleled bias and even hatred to the point where you can't even be objective about the topic. 2, that inherent bias and hatred that's clouding your judgement seems so severe (based on the words in just that comment) that it would be an exercise in futility to even engage with you and waste any time or energy explaining why it's so off the wall that it wouldn't be worth it. Suffice it to say, the advice you are giving to others you should take yourself, specifically the one about going and learning things.

I couldn't have said it better. This exact topic came out about 6 months ago or so and most of it was about how the Egyptian airforce network engineers developed the CIRS2 data link for all combined Egyptian military assets and specifically between the western and Russian airborne platforms. It was mostly about how Dassault had assisted as well as allowed as part of the Rafale purchase deal to use the RBE2 AESA radar and test it and explore its compatibility with other systems to create a offshoot link that would be indigenous and work for all the Egyptian platforms as well as communicate with all other assets such as the EADS and naval units and armored platforms etc.

It was pretty extensive but it was just using the RBE2 to engineer an indigenous link for the EAF to combine its western and Russian aircraft and be able to instantly communicate and share info. That was it.

Now it seems the MB with their sabotaging news networks conveniently added this silly Su-35 radar being incapacitated by the Rafale's SPECTRA which is actually impossible lol in an attempt to create discourse in the EGY military on the international market and who knows what else, maybe to draw attention to the fact that the EAF bought 30 Su-35SEs and ignored CAATSA and these people want to draw American destroyer USS Donald Cook was effectively left helpless when a Russian plane used the technology while the vessel was in the Black Sea several years ago, the report claimed.it out in the open to remind and force the US to punish Egypt. There are a lot of devious cretins out there with vengeful and just hateful agendas willing to do anything stupid and silly like this just to stick it to the ones they have such spiteful hate for.

No one and nothing. There is no upgrade of anything against any other thing lol. It's all BS whatever this silly addon to the original article is trying to prove. I can tell you, though, that just recently, they Su-35s have in fact been going up against the Rafales in a multitude of exercises over secluded areas on the southern desert in Egypt. Only gossip about these exercises taking place as they're being done in big-time secrecy for some reason and all we're getting is little bits of whatever is leaking out. But nothing about any SPECTRAs taking out any Su radars.

lol that was the first thing I saw when I read that pile of trash! :lol:👍 I saw "BARS" and that was it. Funny thing is that probably flew right over many people's heads, or many people probably didn't know that the BARS radar is that which is in the Su-30MK line of aircraft and the Su-35S has the ever so powerful IRBIS-E in it. But hey, wuttyagonnado?
"American destroyer USS Donald Cook was effectively left helpless when a Russian plane used the technology while the vessel was in the Black Sea several years ago, the report claimed."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4424320/Russia-able-neutralise-warships-report-claims.html

"American destroyer USS Donald Cook was effectively left helpless when a Russian plane used the technology while the vessel was in the Black Sea several years ago, the report claimed."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4424320/Russia-able-neutralise-warships-report-claims.html
Joke of the decade...

Joke of the decade...

This was a real incident.. The US is denying it obviously..First they fabricated the story with the electronic bomb.. that says it all.. the Russian SU-24 used only electronic pods on it for jamming the ships electronics..

https://miro.medium.com/max/2400/gradv/29/81/40/1*cBD7CY1Vj0vyW-SitwO50w.jpeg

https://www.navytimes.com/news/2021/02/01/russian-jet-buzzes-us-warship-in-the-black-sea/

“The ground component of the [anti-ballistic missile] was tested in ideal conditions and showed a low efficiency,” said Pavel Zolotarev, deputy director of the Institute of USA and Canada, a Moscow think tank. “This fact is concealed by the Pentagon. The most modern component, the sea-based system Aegis, also showed its shortcomings in the present case.”

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/russia-claims-its-bomber-jammed-u-s-destroyer-8b58c9b56515

Last edited:
Where this article says su-24 blinded USN ship in black sea this is old tactics used by Russian since the cold war, so what so special about it?
A U.S. Navy warship operating in the Black Sea was buzzed by a Russian fighter jet Sunday, according to officials.

* The Buzz is the feeling you get when the alcohol hits you..Tipsy.. Your whole body feels warm and cozy and you feel like you are one giant vibrating being..

HaHaHa!

Anyway..back on topic:
The Russian say that there was a simulated attack by the Egyptian SU-35 on the Egyptian Rafale in Egypt.. but they gave no further details..

Last edited:
This was a real incident.. The US is denying it obviously..First they fabricated the story with the electronic bomb.. that says it all.. the Russian SU-24 used only electronic pods on it for jamming the ships electronics..

https://www.navytimes.com/news/2021/02/01/russian-jet-buzzes-us-warship-in-the-black-sea/
Take your time and check the links I shared in response to your post. Do not repeat debunked information in response to me.

The incident is real in the sense that a Russian Su-24 simulated an attack on USS Donald Cook and flew very close to the ship while doing so. The 'electronics shutdown/jamming' part is rubbish.

If you have even rudimentary understanding of the technologies of USS Donald Cook, Su-24 and how EW works, you will not be posting this rubbish here. That you did say a lot about your lack of suitability to post in this topic. I have soft corner for you but don't push your luck.

A U.S. Navy warship operating in the Black Sea was buzzed by a Russian fighter jet Sunday, according to officials.

* The Buzz is the feeling you get when the alcohol hits you. Your whole body feels warm and cozy and you feel like you are one giant vibrating being..
Can i post it how many near pass incidents on USN ships was being held by Soviet tin cold war??, and I am asking about what's the significance of this event??

Take your time and check the links I shared in response to your post. Do not repeat debunked information in response to me.

The incident is real in the sense that a Russian Su-24 simulated an attack on USS Donald Cook and flew very close to the ship while doing so.

The 'jamming' part is rubbish.
Debunked by whom.. the US ..yes.. and even talk about an electronic bomb!!??
Russians say otherwise..I'm being neutral here.. they are giving contradicting information..You need to look at it in a neutral way too since you were not there to feel so sure about the debunking..

“The ground component of the [anti-ballistic missile] was tested in ideal conditions and showed a low efficiency,” said Pavel Zolotarev, deputy director of the Institute of USA and Canada, a Moscow think tank. “This fact is concealed by the Pentagon. The most modern component, the sea-based system Aegis, also showed its shortcomings in the present case.”

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/russia-claims-its-bomber-jammed-u-s-destroyer-8b58c9b56515

Debunked by whom.. the US ..yes
Russians say otherwise..I'm being neutral here.. they are giving contradicting information..You need to look at it in a neutral way too since you were not there to feel so sure about the debunking..
OK. Explain to me how Su-24 was able to shut down electronics of USS Donald Cook. I am expecting technical response and not mere statements in relation.

Russians do not lie or do not do propaganda? Do you live in a cave or something?

Debunked by whom.. the US ..yes.. and even talk about an electronic bomb!!??

you mean by Some conspiracy theorists, your article don't say anything on jamming of USN ship in black sea, its just says Su24 passes dozen time near to USN ship in black sea, can you have a any kind of solid proofs that Su24 other than some conspiracy theorists??

Does Russian Military admits OFFICIALLY that Su24 jammed USN ship in that specific event??

OK. Explain to me how Su-24 was able to shut down electronics of USS Donald Cook. I am expecting technical response and not mere statements in relation.

Russians do not lie or do not do propaganda? Do you live in a cave or something?
They both lie and do propaganda.. no one is living in a cave or something here..
You can google the Khibini capabilities and see the technical details..

Here is a good start.. but read it thoroughly before answering me this time..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khibiny_(electronic_countermeasures_system)
you mean by Some conspiracy theorists, your article don't say anything on jamming of USN ship in black sea, its just says Su24 passes dozen time near to USN ship in black sea, can you have a any kind of solid proofs that Su24 other than some conspiracy theorists??

Does Russian Military admits OFFICIALLY that Su24 jammed USN ship in that specific event??
Already answered you in post # 52..
The first sentence is from the article..

They both lie and do propaganda.. no one is living in a cave or something here..
You can google the Khibini capabilities and see the technical details..

Here is a good start.. but read it thoroughly before answering me this time..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khibiny_(electronic_countermeasures_system)
What are you trying to prove by posting a Wiki link here? I want YOU to explain to me how Su-24 managed to shut down electronic systems of USS Donald Cook. YOU are hellbent on insisting that this happened. About time YOU establish this was the case. Failure to do so and I will take action. PDF does have Rules for "Propaganda."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom