What's new

Egypt vs Ethiopia...

Well im not an Arab,in 1967 things were different.
The Egyptian Armed Forces is better trained(western standarts)better equiped,so im thinking you are a bit the amateur here.

I am fasting (month of Ramadan) mate.

No need for personal attacks. Did I say you were Arabs? No.

Ethiopia will be backed by the West and so called "Israel". How can Egypt fight the West? Libya (heavily armed) got chased out by militias in Chad, do you think Egypt's secular stooge army will fare better against Ethiopia?

And, saying 1967 was different is useless.

Every case is different.

When have two cases been the same anyway?

Does Egypt have the finances to conduct a war far away from home? How can it transport its land forces into Ethiopia? How about air force? Does its air force operate any AIM-120C7 or AIM-120D? No?

The thing about Russian or Chinese aircrafts/equipment is that they do not impose restrictions. So, Ethiopian flankers (twin engine) come with the full range of armaments, if they can pay for it.

If anything, Ethiopia can conduct operations further into Egypt (successfully or not), but Egypt's short legged F-16 or whatever (and not even armed with AIM-120D) will be unable to succeed. If things dont go Ethiopia's way, the West can always intervene.

Which fighter jet, main battle tank, transport aircraft, air to air missile or any other major equipment is designed and produced by this stooge secular military (which lost against so called Israel in 6 days, despite enjoying superiority in quantity of weapons)?

First things first, Egyptians are not technically Arab.

Ethiopia will be backed by the West and so called "Israel". How can Egypt fight the West? Libya (heavily armed) got chased out by militias in Chad, do you think Egypt's secular stooge army will fare better against Ethiopia?

Ethiopia will not be backed by the "west" or so called "Israel" because they don't have major interests in Ethiopia whereas in Egypt the "west" has an interest to keep its oil flowing freely through the Suez canal and "Israel" doesn't want a confrontation with the only conventional military that has a border with it and one it knows can do damage. If Israel backs the Ethiopian dam then it is threatening Egypt's national security something which can lead to the peace treaty between both nations being ripped up.

The Libyan military is nothing (was) nothing compared to the Egyptian military both in training and equipment.

Furthermore you know nothing of Egypt's military doctrine nor how soldiers and officers are built up using Islam. Even the name of our elite forces comes from the Qur'an as does the motto for the Arab Industrial organization and the Hadith about Egyptian soldiers is well known and used extensively in Egypt (accurate or not).

The Egyptian military is secular in one sense only and that is it doesn't let any religion dictate its actions or interfere with its purpose.

Every case is different.

Double negative. You should probably read around why 67 happened rather than just focusing on what happened that year.

Does Egypt have the finances to conduct a war far away from home?

A conventional war no. An aerial strike or SF strike yes. The Egyptian military's budget is classified and it doesn't rely on the state for funding.

How can it transport its land forces into Ethiopia?
It has a large fleet of cargo planes and a large and capable paratrooper force (All elite forces are jump trained but not to the extent paratroopers are), however, anything the size of a tank would be tricky.

How about air force? Does its air force operate any AIM-120C7 or AIM-120D? No?

We rely on the Mirage-2000 for (long range) BVR engagements. We are restricted from requesting the AIM-120 as we have refused to sign CISMOA multiple times as the Egyptian military regards it as a threat to Egypt's national security.

The thing about Russian or Chinese aircrafts/equipment is that they do not impose restrictions. So, Ethiopian flankers (twin engine) come with the full range of armaments, if they can pay for it.

Flankers with a poorly trained air force which has no AWAC/ELINT support or EW systems and a non existent air defence. I doubt most of Ethiopia's flankers can get off the runway at all due to maintenance issues.

If anything, Ethiopia can conduct operations further into Egypt (successfully or not), but Egypt's short legged F-16 or whatever (and not even armed with AIM-120D) will be unable to succeed.

The Renaissance dam is 4000+/- road Km away from the center of Cairo F-16s with drop tanks and CFT's can make the journey to and back from a southern Egyptian base and if they cant I'm sure The Sudan wouldnt mind accommodating the birds on their way back or Saudi air to air refuels on the coast of Eritrea :)

What operation would the Ethiopians conduct?

If things dont go Ethiopia's way, the West can always intervene.

In your mind they may but in reality they wont.

Which fighter jet, main battle tank, transport aircraft, air to air missile or any other major equipment is designed and produced by this stooge secular military (which lost against so called Israel in 6 days, despite enjoying superiority in quantity of weapons)?

You didn't even bother Googling stuff before commenting. :blah:

And not so long ago you made this statement in the Egyptian armed forces thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/103456-egyptian-armed-forces-61.html#post4459287

Why can't Bangladesh conduct exercises with Egypt? Ma Sha Allah, most (not all) of the Egyptians are pious and upright Muslims, and we respect our Egyptians Muslims brothers and sisters, and I hope they do the same.

By the way, we know that Egypt has produced the Tayir as Sabah air defence system (by modifying Soviet SAM).

Any idea about its range, service ceiling, maximum lateral acceleration (how many G), and mode of guidance?

Best of luck to Egyptian brothers. Your army and air defence are not just the pride of the Middle East or Arab world, but the entire Muslim world. We are also working our navy. Maybe, if Bangladesh gets rid of Hindutva terrorists, we can forge closer relationships with our Egyptian bros.

What changed in a matter of weeks that would make you ******** to this degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fasting (month of Ramadan) mate.

Every case is different.

When have two cases been the same anyway?

Does Egypt have the finances to conduct a war far away from home? How can it transport its land forces into Ethiopia? How about air force? Does its air force operate any AIM-120C7 or AIM-120D? No?

If anything, Ethiopia can conduct operations further into Egypt (successfully or not), but Egypt's short legged F-16 or whatever (and not even armed with AIM-120D) will be unable to succeed. If things dont go Ethiopia's way, the West can always intervene.

Well mate,it was not an attack just a question.
You think the Arab countries Pakistan,the muslim countries just gonna sit and watch?
Dont come with the past wars,what happend then stays there.
Talk here now be realistic there is no way Ethiopia has a chance agaisnt Egypt.
Egypt could just use a base in KSA or Yemen,send the Navy there are so many options.
Believe me Egypt(Suez canal) has more leverage then Ethiopia will ever have,so your assumptions are dead wrong.

No, I am not joking.

Only amateurs or Arabs would compare numbers of troops, or numbers of various equipment (fighter jets, MBT, frigates, etc) to determine warfighting capability.

So called "Israel" should have been eliminated by secular Arab Egypt in 1967 alone, if numbers of fighter jets alone decided the outcome of war.

Instead, it was so called "Israel" that defeated multiple Arab secular regimes in Egypt, Jordan, Syria all at once, in less than six days.

Didn´t has Israel at this Time a Large Army and more modern Tanks then the Arabs and the Support of USA on his back ? which has too a Large Number of Soldiers in his Service with large Number or Tanks and Planes etc.

They will not help Egypt except by money like we seen through the history, lets drop the heroic dreams of any other Arab country using its military power to help Egypt. Be realistic.

No, I am not joking.

Only amateurs or Arabs would compare numbers of troops, or numbers of various equipment (fighter jets, MBT, frigates, etc) to determine warfighting capability.

So called "Israel" should have been eliminated by secular Arab Egypt in 1967 alone, if numbers of fighter jets alone decided the outcome of war.

Instead, it was so called "Israel" that defeated multiple Arab secular regimes in Egypt, Jordan, Syria all at once, in less than six days.

Only a fool will equate ETHIOPIA with ISRAEL.

ETHIOPIA is no ISRAEL, MY FRIEND...

@Doritos11

Financial support saved Iraq from being conquered by the fanatic Mullahs back in the day.

When it came to Egypt the situation was different, with all due honesty, your comments reflect how ignorant you really are.

1- Egypt and Syria were backed politically.

2- Both of those countries were financially supported.

3- KSA's oil embargo was extremely tough, that Western individuals realized that the Arab-Israeli conflicts had reached another level, that the war's side effect got into their doorsteps.

Additionally, Ethiopia received an ultimatum from KSA.

In unusual rebuke, Saudi Arabia accuses Ethiopia of posing threats to Sudan & Egypt - Sudan Tribune: Plural news and views on Sudan

Ethiopia outraged over Saudi official

This is a serious issue, Egypt's life is at risk. I don't think KSA will hesitate to refuel EAF Aircrafts, especially when Saudi-Ethiopian relations had gone bad over the last few months. I can speak with the authority on that.

@Doritos11

Financial support saved Iraq from being conquered by the fanatic Mullahs back in the day.

When it came to Egypt the situation was different, with all due honesty, your comments reflect how ignorant you really are.

1- Egypt and Syria were backed politically.

2- Both of those countries were financially supported.

3- KSA's oil embargo was extremely tough, that Western individuals realized that the Arab-Israeli conflicts had reached another level, that the war's side effect got into their doorsteps.

Additionally, Ethiopia received an ultimatum from KSA.

In unusual rebuke, Saudi Arabia accuses Ethiopia of posing threats to Sudan & Egypt - Sudan Tribune: Plural news and views on Sudan

Ethiopia outraged over Saudi official

This is a serious issue, Egypt's life is at risk. I don't think KSA will hesitate to refuel EAF Aircrafts, especially when Saudi-Ethiopian relations had gone bad over the last few months. I can speak with the authority on that.

So all of that proves my 1 point and you just strengthened it, financial support.

So all of that proves my 1 point and you just strengthened it, financial support.

It most certainly wasn't SOLELY financial, but also political, and materialistic.

Most of the Arab nations participated in 73 war BTW.

If you wish to apply the same standard then South Korea of yesterday is the same of today.

It most certainly wasn't SOLELY financial, but also political, and materialistic.

Most of the Arab nations participated in 73 war BTW.

If you wish to apply the same standard then South Korea of yesterday is the same of today.

Political is just words, useless.

Even Kuwait participated in that war, but the achievements are a joke to even start naming them by those countries, there were 4 main countries that participated, the following from most participation to least in the 1973 war.

1: Egypt
2: Syria
3: Iraq
4: Jordan

The rest sent like 1000-4000 soldiers.

If we look at this forum a few Khaleejis seem to be in need of Egypt for protection, they cannot do anything on their own.
These monarchies will support Egypt politically ( with words ) and GCC will throw around some money, as for military help you can only rely on the republic states, if this situation happened 30-40 years ago Egypt could count on Syria and Iraq as part of the Arab nationalist brotherhood, however that time is gone.

No, sometimes politics bear catastrophic consequences that it may lead to a military confrontation or unpleasant outcome. The US didn't approve the Japanese aggression to the Chinese. As a result, Japan lost its primarily, which mainly came from the US. In retaliation Japan irresponsibly attacked Pearl Harbor, which had led to the declaration of WW2.

KSA had never gone to war with any nation including Israel, while Kuwait, Iraq, and Jordan attacked Israel in 1973. Alternatively KSA imposed a full-scale of oil embargo. But sill , the embargo I

Political is just words, useless.

Even Kuwait participated in that war, but the achievements are a joke to even start naming them by those countries, there were 4 main countries that participated, the following from most participation to least in the 1973 war.

1: Egypt
2: Syria
3: Iraq
4: Jordan

The rest sent like 1000-4000 soldiers.

If we look at this forum a few Khaleejis seem to be in need of Egypt for protection, they cannot do anything on their own.
These monarchies will support Egypt politically ( with words ) and GCC will throw around some money, as for military help you can only rely on the republic states, if this situation happened 30-40 years ago Egypt could count on Syria and Iraq as part of the Arab nationalist brotherhood, however that time is gone.

Could you please represent a solid proof to back you claim that some Khaleejis ?

Back
Top Bottom