What's new

Egypt's Sisi to resign as minister, pave way for presidential bid-report

Anyone who has declined to enter the presidential race has done that out of his or her own free will. The excuse that the support garnered by Elsisi from the deep state or governmental institutions will guarantee him victory is a bogus one. The elections (as the previous constitutional referendum) will be monitored by national and international NGO's and there's no electoral legislation in place that can tip the the results of the election is one particular candidates favour. Those candidates have simply refused to enter the elections because they know they will not do well at all considering Elsisi is the most popular man in the country, other candidates with links to the military have declined so it doesn't appear that the military is fighting in and among itself for power.

They did so out of free will because they know Sisi will come out with an overwhelming 99.9% victory, lol. You naive kid.

@Ahiska

They did so out of free will because they know Sisi will come out with an overwhelming 99.9% victory, lol. You naive kid.

Did you even read the post....

The elections (as all that came after the revolution) will be monitored by national and international non governmental organisations, this will make sure it as at least a free election. Rigging the elections would be ridiculously foolish given that Elsisi is dead certain to win anyway, Egyptians will also not be content with rigged elections anymore.

o this was joke revolution of great Egyptians ? remove husni instal al-sisi cost you thousands lives . stupid people :(

The revolution is ongoing, it is not one static point. There will always be revolutions, counter-revolutions and calamities, this is a natural process in periods of national transition.

Elections being monitored, yet no opposition parties are allowed to take part in it. While at it, Islamists are being persecuted all over the country. We will see when he comes out with an overwhelming victory, since the military backs him, there's no way he would lose. Nobody in the 'elections' can compete at all, they're just there as fillers. I can't wait for the anticipated 99% victory, lol.

Elections being monitored, yet no opposition parties are allowed to take part in it.

Parties are not allowed to take part in presidential elections anyway. All presidential candidates must be independent of formal or legal party affiliations. So in actuality any citizen no matter their political background can run for elections if they abide by the electoral regulations, which have not changed.

While at it, Islamists are being persecuted all over the country. We will see when he comes out with an overwhelming victory, since the military backs him, there's no way he would lose.

Again the elections can not be rigged, the elections will be free, however, they may not be fair. Support from the military or other institutions will not garner votes.

Nobody in the 'elections' can compete at all, they're just there as fillers. I can't wait for the anticipated 99% victory, lol.

Since the window for presidential campaigns or registration hasn't opened yet you should probably hold your judgement for a bit. Hamdeen Sabahy is extremely popular, he was only about 700,000 votes shy of Ahmed Shafiqs tally of votes in the first round of presidential elections in 2012. You should also probably look up Saleem Al3awa who will probably run for the Islamist vote, since he is one of Morsi's lawyers. Even if candidates were not 'filler' Elsisi would still dominate the elections.

@Frogman

Are Islamists even allowed to take part in elections? As I told you, even if Sisi wins and even if he stopped demonizing the Palestinians and allowed them to breathe, I still wouldn't be a sellout and support him. I'm not a fan of military regimes nor Arab nationalism. Unless they are useful like how Saddam made Iraq. I'm not a fan of people who allow foreign dominance over our region. If Sisi had actual goals which he could plan with all other countries in the region we could free ourselves from foreign dominance a little bit. Nobody does that except very rare people like Islamists or somebody like Saddam which we will never find again.

Elections being monitored, yet no opposition parties are allowed to take part in it. While at it, Islamists are being persecuted all over the country. We will see when he comes out with an overwhelming victory, since the military backs him, there's no way he would lose. Nobody in the 'elections' can compete at all, they're just there as fillers. I can't wait for the anticipated 99% victory, lol.
mubark was from the army as well but in 25 jan the army choose the people anyone can enter the elections all what matter is who will the people choose el sisy can win easly in a fair elections you and your brotherhood friends are living in an imaginary world where el sisi is hated and all of egypt are waiting for the day that the idiot morsi get back to power the truth is the brotherhood are the most hated political group in Egypt the protests numbers are very few soon wil be history police and secuitry are getting back sainai situation is getting better it just a matter of time you choose the wrong side to support

@Frogman

Are Islamists even allowed to take part in elections? As I told you, even if Sisi wins and even if he stopped demonizing the Palestinians and allowed them to breathe, I still wouldn't be a sellout and support him. I'm not a fan of military regimes nor Arab nationalism. Unless they are useful like how Saddam made Iraq. I'm not a fan of people who allow foreign dominance over our region. If Sisi had actual goals which he could plan with all other countries in the region we could free ourselves from foreign dominance a little bit. Nobody does that except very rare people like Islamists or somebody like Saddam which we will never find again.
can you tell me what has morsi done in year ? name just 1 good thing he has done

He's good as a person and competent at leading positions, but he has no charisma and isn't good at talking to audience as a president.

Morsi is to blame for this. He won the elections and started acting like a dictator himself. Bad choice, does't mean Sisi should have taken over but judging by the overwhelming support he gathers he will keep the MB and Islamists in check. I have a feeling Sisi is quietly supported by Russia.

Of course this moron would have his whole campaign based off the 'Boogey man' method. He vows to protect Egypt from 'fear', how about he vows to protect Egypt from corruption? All the major opponents are not allowed to take part in elections. He does not have a real solution to Egypt's struggle which has little to do with security. Of course Israelis are hoping he wins, but, even they are scared he will not know what to do with Egypt and will end up like Mubarak and Morsi.
There is no need for lying and twisting facts,. He vowed to fix the trouble issues. He has been in leading jobs in the army for more than 30 years, so he is the most suitable for presidency. I believe he's an honest person. Afterall, people want him.

mubark was from the army as well but in 25 jan the army choose the people anyone can enter the elections all what matter is who will the people choose el sisy can win easly in a fair elections you and your brotherhood friends are living in an imaginary world where el sisi is hated and all of egypt are waiting for the day that the idiot morsi get back to power the truth is the brotherhood are the most hated political group in Egypt the protests numbers are very few soon wil be history police and secuitry are getting back sainai situation is getting better it just a matter of time you choose the wrong side to support

Egyptian military and the world wanted them to enter elections so they can bring them fifty years back again.

can you tell me what has morsi done in year ? name just 1 good thing he has done

Right after a 100 days he fullfilled 10 of his 64 promises and and 27 of them were in progress. He opposed foreign intervention and collaboration, he opened the border wit Gaza which helped Egypt's tourism. He also introduced Islamic reform, which all Muslims should support. Of course he can't turn the economy upside down in 1 year, you're ridiculous, nobody can solve Egypt's economic state due to not enough arable land, high population and massive corruption over the past decades. What were you expecting to be done within a year? So if Siis rules for a year and everything gets worse should I come here and do the same thing you're doing ?

Egypt's economy needs decades still.

Saddam brought Iraq decades back, how exactly is that useful.

What did you expect from "Arab" revolution! :D Wuss's..... :whistle:
You're right, Egyptians phucked up themselves and their country. But hey, who are you and where are you from? Canada? :o:

Morsi is to blame for this. He won the elections and started acting like a dictator himself. Bad choice, does't mean Sisi should have taken over but judging by the overwhelming support he gathers he will keep the MB and Islamists in check. I have a feeling Sisi is quietly supported by Russia.
No he's not a dictator, all his decisions were supported by people. And, no Russia had nothing to do with Egypt.

There is no need for lying and twisting facts,. He vowed to fix the trouble issues. He has been in leading jobs in the army for more than 30 years, so he is the most suitable for presidency. I believe he's an honest person. Afterall, people want him.

I'm not lying or twisting any 'facts', if I am, please tell us what exactly I'm lying about. That's how debating works, I caught people lying here and proved they're liars.

Let him become president, Egyptian people have no patience and no clue as to where to head their country. And his constant propaganda all over the media 24/7 is a good part of the reason as to why he has support. Egyptians don't know any better, one taxi driver was telling me Hamas sent a whole brigade to Egypt literally during the 2012 war with Israel to attack the Egyptian miltary. Obviously people there believe fuvked up out of this world lies.

You guys want another military regime go for it, it's not going to get us Arabs anywhere yet again. More occupation, more terrible economic state, more anti Palestinian dictators, more poverty, it's going to be the same old thing. And I'm going to judge him just as you guys judged Morsi, so next June I will give my evaluation on him and you guys better accept that since you use that argument against Morsi.

Saddam brought Iraq decades back, how exactly is that useful.

He made some mistakes, but, Iraq was one of the most scientifically advanced nations and even some of the first to do open heart surgeries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom