What's new

Elections 2008

Now its time for all of you(THE PRO MUSHARRAF's to see).

that people like you are in MINORITY.

By the way people have elected the real POLITICIANS.

Not the Generals and their servants.

We want TRUE DEMOCRACY.

:welcome: Cheif justice
:welcome: nawaz shariff.
:welcome: pppp

Musharraf:sniper:
PML Q:sniper:
MMA:sniper:

But lets not forget KAYANI.he played a great role.

1)calling ISI and MI back,
2)ensuring security in Polls.

And yes we are proud to remain in minority atleast we dont get clouded my these so called champions of democracy.

All dictators have same ending. Unfortunately they do not learn from the history. Lets wait and see how many days PML (Q) remains intact as a party. I have a feeling most of its members would be anxiously waiting for an opportunity to switch sides.
One should not have any problem accepting the verdict of the people. After all it is the decision of the people of Pakistan. If they want these guys to rule them for next five year let it be. After all we gave Musharaf eight years why not give them five?

By the way people have elected the real POLITICIANS.

Not the Generals and their servants.

We want TRUE DEMOCRACY.

:welcome: Cheif justice
:welcome: nawaz shariff.
:welcome: pppp

Musharraf:sniper:
PML Q:sniper:
MMA:sniper:

But lets not forget KAYANI.he played a great role.

Well said bro...........the MINORITY.....yes all you mushy supporters, thats what you are....a MINORITY.
The people have voted and rejected your messiah mushy.

It seems we've had fair elections, the results are shocking.
God save Pakistan.

Well said bro...........the MINORITY.....yes all you mushy supporters, thats what you are....a MINORITY.
The people have voted and rejected your messiah mushy.

The educated remain a minority in pakistan, I'm more convinced than ever that we need to kill illeteracy to prevent crooks, thieves and traitors being elected. :undecided:

Pakistans has been saved.......mushy lost.

I think one should give credit for free and fair elections to Musharraf he may be a dictator but he is lot better than Ayub,Yahya and Zia. At least he accepted the results unlike Yahya and remember what Ayub did to Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah.

Thieves like Nawaz sharif and Asif zardari when they form the Government then what you expect? will they save Pakistan?

Thieves like Nawaz sharif and Asif zardari when they form the Government then what you expect? will they save Pakistan?

Both socalled leaders should be in Guiness book of records for unprecedented amout of nepotism and corruption repectively.

Liberal parties rout mullahs in NWFP : All the King’s men, gone!

* PPPP leading in National Assembly, Sindh
* PML-N leading in Punjab
* ANP leading in NWFP, PPPP close second
* Balochistan shows no clear winner
* Asfandyar Wali, Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, and Amin Fahim big winners
* Syeda Abida Hussain, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, Fazlur Rehman, Chaudhry Shahbaz Hussain lose

ISLAMABAD/LAHORE/KARACHI/ QUETTA/PESHAWAR: President Pervez Musharraf’s political allies, the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q), appear to have lost their grip over the country’s parliament, with the Pakistan People’s Party-Parliamentarians (PPPP) and the PML-Nawaz (PML-N) overtaking the “bicycle” in the election race.

Lion roars again: The PML-N swept Punjab despite low voter turnout in all 35 districts of the province.

PML-Q’s Sheikh Rashid lost to PML-N’s Makhdoom Javed Hashmi in NA-55. He also lost to PML-N’s Muhammad Hanif Abbasi in NA-56, according to unofficial results.

Shujaat lost to PPPP’s Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar in his hometown of Gujrat and was lagging behind PML-N’s Rana Abdus Sattar in Sialkot. PPPP’s Shah Mehmood Qureshi also won his seat.

PPPP’s Dr Firdaus Ashiq Awan beat out PML-Q’s Chaudhry Amir Hussain. PML-Q Punjab President Pervaiz Elahi was losing on two NA seats but won a third in Attock. PML-Q’s Chaudhry Shahbaz Hussain, former population welfare minister, lost his seat for NA-62.

Other PML-Q bigwigs that lost include Rao Sikandar Iqbal, Sher Afgan Niazi, Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri, Nasir Khan, Hamid Nasir Chattha, Humayun Akhtar Khan, Chaudhry Amir Hussain, Ijazul Haq, Ghulam Sarwar Khan and Daniyal Aziz.

Meanwhile, showing that the PML-Q was not completely out, Faisal Saleh Hayat of the party beat PPPP’s Abida Hussain in NA-88.

PPPP comes home: The PPPP, based on early results, appears to have overtaken the PML-N and the MQM in Sindh, establishing the party as a force to be reckoned with in its home state. PPPP’s Amin Fahim was one of the big winners in the province.

ANP kicks in: The Awami National Party (ANP) took the maximum number of seats based on early poll results, leaving the Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal in the dust. PML-Q NWFP President Amir Muqam and Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, both ‘King’s men’, won the seats in their respective constituencies. According to unofficial results, Jamiat Ulema-e-Fazl chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman won in NA-26, but lost NA-24 to Faisal Karim Kundi.

Business as usual: Balochistan witnessed a historic low turnout in the parliamentary elections and the early poll results did not show a clear winner in the province, although the PML-Q appeared to be leading.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

The educated remain a minority in pakistan, I'm more convinced than ever that we need to kill illeteracy to prevent crooks, thieves and traitors being elected. :undecided:

Neo,
It is not only education that we need but also a contiuity of the electoral process. You have to remember, that most democracies are at the stage of development because with time, and with continuity all the dross has been filtered out. This needs to happen in Pakistan too. The problem with Musharraf is the same as with Zia. They dont understand that they have to let go at the right time and allow things to take their normal course. Once their setup becomes stagnant and the policies become flawed, it is back to politicians who then loot the country and hand it back to the Army. we need to understand the role of the Army is to safeguard the borders and not run the Government.
I have read and heard a lot about the progress in the couintry. While people take a lot of solace in the fact that the Foreign reserves are 16 Billion, the development and money that has come in has been for construction and Gwadar. Mush cant take the credit for Gwadar .As to the fact that democratic rule has been corrupt, isnt the Army corrupt as well. Have we forgotten Akhter A Rehman, Anwer Shamim and others. Zia might not have made money but people under him made loads. such may also be said of the people under Mush although,, he himself has remained free of this curse. Secondly, where are all the cases that were lodged against these corrupt politicians. Why isnt Zardari festering in a grave if he meddled in Govt affairs and skimmed money off. Why is Nawaz not hanging by his balls and his property confiscated if he made money. I have to hold Musharraf responsible for this fiasco as well. The fact remains that we ignore too many things in the name of political expediency and nobody is entirely blameless in this fiasco including Musharraf.
Lastly I dont know where Musharraf would have been had 9/11 not happened. Would we have seen so much progress? would he have had such support internationally?
I think there are questions that Mush needs to answer as well.
Regards
Araz

In this time the turn out in cities was quite high.

The civil society.Lawyers,professors,doctors all cast their votes who used to sit in their homes and enjoy the holiday.

Why so negative about politicians???????

People have given them another chance.

Let them take it!!!!!

Just hope that they take a lesson from PML Qs defeat and understand that they need to serve people.

Instead of saying Nawaz shariff a crook,thief lets just pray that he serves people.

I think in the presence of COLLATION the parties will balance each other.
in presence of independent judiciary.
independent media.

it will not be easy to be corrupt.

Hope for the best for new would be gov.

Neo,
It is not only education that we need but also a contiuity of the electoral process. You have to remember, that most democracies are at the stage of development because with time, and with continuity all the dross has been filtered out. This needs to happen in Pakistan too. The problem with Musharraf is the same as with Zia. They dont understand that they have to let go at the right time and allow things to take their normal course. Once their setup becomes stagnant and the policies become flawed, it is back to politicians who then loot the country and hand it back to the Army. we need to understand the role of the Army is to safeguard the borders and not run the Government.
I have read and heard a lot about the progress in the couintry. While people take a lot of solace in the fact that the Foreign reserves are 16 Billion, the development and money that has come in has been for construction and Gwadar. Mush cant take the credit for Gwadar .As to the fact that democratic rule has been corrupt, isnt the Army corrupt as well. Have we forgotten Akhter A Rehman, Anwer Shamim and others. Zia might not have made money but people under him made loads. such may also be said of the people under Mush although,, he himself has remained free of this curse. Secondly, where are all the cases that were lodged against these corrupt politicians. Why isnt Zardari festering in a grave if he meddled in Govt affairs and skimmed money off. Why is Nawaz not hanging by his balls and his property confiscated if he made money. I have to hold Musharraf responsible for this fiasco as well. The fact remains that we ignore too many things in the name of political expediency and nobody is entirely blameless in this fiasco including Musharraf.
Lastly I dont know where Musharraf would have been had 9/11 not happened. Would we have seen so much progress? would he have had such support internationally?
I think there are questions that Mush needs to answer as well.
Regards
Araz

Good post Araz. Musharraf will let go, thats the pledge he's made to the nation prior to the elections and we've seen fair elections as promised.
Its not the departure of Musharraf that worries me but the political vacuum in crscial times we're in if he leaves the political arena.

Didn't we learn enough from the lost decade, how much more demage would PPP and PML-N have to cause before people finally wake up to identify wolfs and sheeps?

Please be advised that Musharraf initiated political and financial reforms two years prior to 9/11. Even without US support he would have succeeded to save Pakistan from the mess we were in, it would have been with support of our allies in M.E. with lesser growth rates but he would have succeeded!
9/11 happened and Musharraf was the right man on the right time and place, he took advantage of it like any truw politician would have taken. The big Q is how much did Pakistan gain from it?
Imho the results speak for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom