What's new

šŸ† Elon Musk to get the last laugh as ultra-ambitious Tesla Model Y prediction comes true [being the #1 selling car in the world]

Personally I wouldn't buy American shit. Too overpriced.

I would rather buy a Chinese Volvo or Geely instead. More economical.

I have an Iphone, but the only reason I have it was because I got it for free.

LOL! I see some serious butthurt showing.

This achivement should have been accomplished by BYD 15 years ago..100's of BYD engineers vs a few guys putting batteries in Lotus Esprits in some garage.
104994096-RTX4RL3G.jpg

2009...it's now 2023

cn.GIF
:haha:

And yet you still can't deny the Chinese parts inside your 'American' car? Hahaah

No wonder the US is only stuck with legact tech and 'software'. What is GMS but a service? But you entrenched people around the world with it, voila, you get cattles.

And yet you still can't deny the Chinese parts inside your 'American' car? Hahaah

Not in my car. If you think Chinese batteries are in the Model Y's sold in the US...then keep trying to fool yourself.

ModelYBatteries.png

To get the $7,500 tax credit the batteries used have to be made in the US. No Chinese company has an active battery plant in the US...so keep on dreaming. :enjoy:

young-asian-chinese-man-wearing-260nw-1531687505.jpg

oh..no...no..no..no..no..no..no...no...my china!!! No!!!

sadCheerleader.png

Last edited:
Not in my car. If you think Chinese batteries are in the Model Y's sold in the US...then keep trying to fool yourself.

View attachment 928916

To get the $7,500 tax credit the batteries used have to be made in the US. No Chinese company has an active battery plant in the US...so keep on dreaming. :enjoy:

young-asian-chinese-man-wearing-260nw-1531687505.jpg

oh..no...no..no..no..no..no..no...no...my china!!! No!!!

View attachment 928919

Lolololol. Hey why not sanction CATL? Then you can keep on using crappy Panasonic batteries. Lololol

Lolololol. Hey why not sanction CATL? Then you can keep on using crappy Panasonic batteries. Lololol

:omghaha:

Aw!!! Did somebody finally realize they f*cked up on their assumptions of the Model Y's components..and get their wittle wittle wittle feelings hurt when they learned the truth?

1000_F_205823319_UCDVaX158HcbG1S8TvnKVQJNiPfwXfUr.jpg

CATL has no factories in the US and if they want to get in on the action they can certainly try to build a factory here.

Tesla already has multiple sources of batteries for the Model Y. Infact to keep up with demand they are taking batteries allocated for the Model 3 and putting them in the Model Y and then searching for sources like imported CATL batteries to use as the Model 3's replacements.

Here are the current suppliers of Model Y batteries:

LG Energy Solution announced plans to invest ~$3.1 billion to create a ā€œsmart factoryā€ for producing EV batteries.

Last edited:
So many idiots on PDF calling Tesla and Elon Musk a sham...

Not so much Elon but count me among the "idiots" calling Tesla a sham and a crime. Unless billions of middle-class-aspirational personal electric cars are Climate Change Reversal, American style.

Great cars TESLA
Great stock TSLA
Great man Musk

Chinese should be thanking Musk for giving them the opportunity to be involved.

Great cars TESLA
Great stock TSLA
Great man Musk

Chinese should be thanking Musk for giving them the opportunity to be involved.

Many Americans established the Occupy Wall Street movement in 2011 and wanted the end of the New York Stock Exchange and of Capitalism itself and here you are, an Indian, chanting "Tesla stocks ki jai". Don't be "Baygaani shaadi may Abdullah deewana". :lol:

Not so much Elon but count me among the "idiots" calling Tesla a sham and a crime. Unless billions of middle-class-aspirational personal electric cars are Climate Change Reversal, American style.

The days of fossil-burning cars are numbered..and it's going to be a lot quicker than people think.

We should expect China to hit a 50% EV sales marketshare any day. The US and Europe will be next.

The problem is if the US, Europe, and China switch to EV's the big worldwide automakers without a serious EV option (like VW, Toyota, GM) will fail.

They simply won't be able to stay profitable by selling low margin gasoline cars to South America, Africa, and Asia. So way way way before these markets switch to EVs...auto sales will collapse due to no inventory.

Of course China can always step in and sell little cars to them in the meantime.

Last edited:
The days of fossil-burning cars are numbered..and it's going to be a lot quicker than people think.

We should expect China to hit a 50% EV sales marketshare any day. The US and Europe will be next.

The problem is if the US, Europe, and China switch to EV's the big worldwide automakers without a serious EV option (like VW, Toyota, GM) will fail.

They simply won't be able to stay profitable by selling low margin gasoline cars to South America, Africa, and Asia. So way way way before these markets switch to EVs...auto sales will collapse due to no inventory.

Of course China can always step in and sell little cars to them in the meantime.

You didn't understand my post. Please read it again. :)

:omghaha:

Aw!!! Did somebody finally realize they f*cked up on their assumptions of the Model Y's components..and get their wittle wittle wittle feelings hurt when they learned the truth?

1000_F_205823319_UCDVaX158HcbG1S8TvnKVQJNiPfwXfUr.jpg

CATL has no factories in the US and if they want to get in on the action they can certainly try to build a factory here.

Tesla already has multiple sources of batteries for the Model Y. Infact to keep up with demand they are taking batteries allocated for the Model 3 and putting them in the Model Y and then searching for sources like imported CATL batteries to use as the Model 3's replacements.

Here are the current suppliers of Model Y batteries:

LG Energy Solution announced plans to invest ~$3.1 billion to create a ā€œsmart factoryā€ for producing EV batteries.

HUAWEI has not factory in US too, yet you can ban and sanction them. Awww, you just can't admit that TESLa is using a bunch of core Chinese stuff. Lol

Many legacy automakers are already dead, they just don't know it yet. The Japanese auto giants and maybe GM and Ford are also done.

I wouldn't buy a Tesla shit car.

There is Toyota which is more affordable.

Anybody relying on selling $30K+ gasoline cars to stay profitable are dead.

According to Electric Viking, Ford, GM, BMW and Toyota are selling their gas cars in China at a loss. It's not sustainable.

At least the American adn European makers have their EV plan. The Japanese have their heads buried in sand, they will be the biggest loser. It's not looking good for the Japanese automakers and Japanese economy either.

Back
Top Bottom