What's new

End sale of defence equipment to Pakistan: Think-tank to United States

F-16's have never been 'gifted' - Pakistan either paid for them or offset the cost from FMF funds already allocated for Pakistan

FMF are either direct loans (payable) or grants (non-payable). I believe some of Pakistan F-16s were granted to Pakistan as 'non-NATO ally' during peak of Pakistan-US cooperation in GWOT.

You don't need a report by a think tank to see how things are going for Pakistan-US relations. Yes, US is offering Pakistan military equipment, but the choice is very limited these days. PM Sharif came for a summit and he was offered a paltry 8 F-16s? And it was an offer to purchase them, not a gift.

And the problem Pakistan has is not with President Obama, but with US Congress, many of whose members are not keen on Pakistan. They stopped the transfer of Perry-class frigates to Pakistan Navy, and tightened the purse strings on CSF reimbursements.

So I agree US will continue to have a military relationship with Pakistan, just at a lower gear.
I think it is high time we should move to a low gear relationship with US regarding buying US equipment. The threat of sanctions is always there. Self reliance should be the new name of the game. Besides US equipment is very expensive and it sucks our defence budget like a vacuum cleaner.

FMF are either direct loans (payable) or grants (non-payable). I believe some of Pakistan F-16s were granted to Pakistan as 'non-NATO ally' during peak of Pakistan-US cooperation in GWOT.
Ahh, yes, thanks. Got my acronyms mixed up - I meant to say CSF.

Hope and wish Obama listens to "American Think Tank" ........... Ajay Banga :lol:

The Paris attacks is one more nail into the coffin.

Not the final nail though.

But its coming.

And when it comes, there will be an exodus the likes of which the world has never witnessed.
Yes, sure - this was a common refrain on the WAB 5-6 years ago as well.

Yes, sure - this was a common refrain on the WAB 5-6 years ago as well.

Then we are 5-6 years closer to what is coming Agno.

Fire from the skies.

Great pestilence on the earth.

Waters running red.

An exodus that will make the flight from Egypt look like a tribal transmigration.

But will Canaan be scorched?

Then we are 5-6 years closer to what is coming Agno.
Right, sure, as seen by the statement below

“What we’re not doing (is) counter-terrorism operations against the Taliban,” Pentagon spokesman Navy Captain Jeff Davis told a Wednesday evening news briefing in Washington.

“We actually view the Taliban as being an important partner in a peaceful Afghan-led reconciliation process. We are not actively targeting the Taliban,” he added.

Then we have plenty of fake pakistanis bragging how good US weapon and shall buy more from them like AHZ-1 Viper and more F-16. And even advocate buying AT-129 gunship equipped with US made engine which make it sanction prone anytime.

Those shall be hanged for treason for advocating US product or related parts.

Right, sure, as seen by the statement below

“What we’re not doing (is) counter-terrorism operations against the Taliban,” Pentagon spokesman Navy Captain Jeff Davis told a Wednesday evening news briefing in Washington.

“We actually view the Taliban as being an important partner in a peaceful Afghan-led reconciliation process. We are not actively targeting the Taliban,” he added.

You do not understand what's coming then.

Maybe for the best.

When the peoples turn, their armies will follow.

And the armies will swell from the people.

Bringing their bloodlust with them.

I wonder what Germany and the Germans are thinking now.

nothing pleasant, I would wager.

I hope Europe Perseveres. I hope free, welcoming and inclusive attitude of two of the most enlightened societies of our age prevails. I hope stereotyping and generalizations are not done.

Events like these leave in scar in the collective public memory which have potential to completely change attitudes in the throes of pain and suffering.

Every terrorist attack in Pakistan is the great sin against humanity, every terrorist attack in any other part of the world is a false flag, staged attack. Do you guys have no shame?

Sir,

Are you stupid or something-----who is talking about 'staged attack'----this attack is as ruthless and as brutal as any other massive terrorist attack----but leave it to the stupidity of the Indians----and the issue will be muddled.

Back
Top Bottom