What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

Would you take conte since he just left inter, or even allegri? I thank ole for his service but its time to part ways and find someone who can take us to the next level.

Both are proven winners so absolutely if we want to go to the next level and win things again. Any half decent manager I am sure would have won yesterdays game given the squad and talent a Utd manager has at their disposal.

I mean fair play to Emery and Villarreal. Their tactics were spot on and they wanted to win more than Utd. However having said that there is no doubt that on an individual level Utds players are far better than Villareals and any half decent manager would have been able to score a victory yesterday.

Ole has shown repeatedly that in big cup games he is completely overwhelmed and out of his depth. For me the most shocking decision of the season wasn't even taking off a goalscorer in place of a CDM in a cup final when we are 1 goal away from winning the whole thing. For me the most shocking was keeping Fred on against PSG in our champions League game when he was on a yellow and sliding and tackling around like a wild dog. Literally everybody i spoke to at half time said we need to take Fred off, he's going to get booked again. How can so many fans collectively know what's going to happen a couple of minutes into the second half and the manager has no clue!

I can go on and on but honestly Ole was a stop gap measure to prevent a free fall after the Mourinho and Van Gaal disasters. He has achieved that task very well and should be commended for it but enough is enough. If there is any ambition left in the club then he has to go.

Ole bottled the europa league, he ruined my week.

I don’t even blame de gea for the miss, it shouldn’t have even been penalties in the first place.

unai already made all subs, ole waited for the last 5 mins before making the subs, he takes of pogba and instead puts on Fred, ole was thinking this is the semi final second leg or something, he left rashford on all game despite rashford having the worst performance I’ve ever seen a united player have in years.

ole has finished 2nd because of luck, and individual performances, every game you see we are always 1-0 down and due to individual performances we eventually win the game.

im officially #oleout

Ole is definitely not the right manager, the good changes he has done is bring in the right players, man management is great and I applaud him for that. When it comes to tactics, planning, team selection, making the right subs, studying other team weakness, improving your own weakness. He and his coaches failed big time.

On Europa final he made big mistakes, he picked the wrong side. How is Mctominay a Defensive midfielder, he can't patrol the defence midfielder role on his own, he needs Pogba to help out, then the link up suffers, and why did he not pick VDM who is quality player, the link up he does is amazing. I was confused on why he didn't make any subs for 90mins. Ole should know that he is the player who used to come of the bench and change the game.

My team would:
DeGea
WanBassaka Tuenzebe Bailey Shaw
Matic VanDBeek, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood, Cavani

Tuenzebe is fast defender, Lindelof is absolutely useless. Matic can alone patrol the midfield and VDK would have moved forward to link with Pogba and Bruno, they definitely would have created many chances and Greenwood and Cavani would have scored.

Bring in Rashford for Greenwood or Pogba after 60 or 70mins, his energy would have made difference.

Look at Chelsea, they sacked Lampard, and bought in a qualified manager and suddenly they playing very good.

You were ahead for a long time but I managed to sneak ahead right at the end.

On todays game, Ole showed again why we have not won any titles under him. Too indecisive, has an extremely poor reading of the game and makes bewildering changes to be honest.

I mean its extra time, we are one goal away from winning the tournament and he takes Greenwood off for Fred, FRED! The guy cant shoot to save his life. Rashford had a nightmare and was clearly not fit but Ole insisted on playing him the full 90 + ET. Villareal were pushing high up into our box leaving space behind yet we have fast players like James and Amad sitting on the bench whilst Rashford who has barely done anything right the whole game is jogging around.

Ole needs to be given credit for taking the club forward and todays Utd squad is much stronger than the one he inherited. However it is obvious he is tactically naive and not capable of challenging for titles. He has bought solid players and made the squad stronger but tactically he is far too incompetent.

Ha yea, you did good.

I don't get why Ole or his coaches don't understand this. The only issue i say is they have no experience at the highest level of coaching. Most of the coaches are ex players or from United youth team. Just look at Lindelof and Maguire, both are slow and don't work together. Fred and Mctominay are not defensive midfielders, United need both of them to patrol that defensive area whilst Rodri, Kante can do it alone, so they have 1 extra player to go forward to link with the CM and strikers. Vandebeek is perfect for this, but Ole never plays him. For the final Matic should have played and VDK, United would have won it.

Both are proven winners so absolutely if we want to go to the next level and win things again. Any half decent manager I am sure would have won yesterdays game given the squad and talent a Utd manager has at their disposal.

Which of these managers play quality attacking football like Guardiola or Klopp. We don't want another VanGaal or Mourinho, especially Mourinho who played very boring defensive football, his man management and defensive football was not fun to watch. After watching Mourinho videos, he was hinting the players are not good enough, the defence is s*** so he didn't let the team attack in order to protect them, kinda made sense aswel, he claimed some players he didn't want but who bought them? He couldn't sell or drop Martial because he is someone's favourite player lol.
He also made one good point, he said United are buying potential players, he doesn't know if they will become world best because they are potential, only recently united started to buy high quality expensive signings. This is why Ole made the team better. Maguire was bought for 80M but Lindelof and Bailly were bought for 30M each but they were only potential and not proven players. Same with Fred, Greenwood, Rashford, Mctominay were from youth and if you give them game time then your result will suffer because they're not good enough at the moment. He said if you want to win titles then buy me proven players which United board rejected.

Mourinho saying Lindelof is not good in the air and 2secs later Lindelof does the same thing.

Last edited:
Which of these managers play quality attacking football like Guardiola or Klopp. We don't want another VanGaal or Mourinho, especially Mourinho who played very boring defensive football, his man management and defensive football was not fun to watch. After watching Mourinho videos, he was hinting the players are not good enough, the defence is s*** so he didn't let the team attack in order to protect them, kinda made sense aswel, he claimed some players he didn't want but who bought them? He couldn't sell or drop Martial because he is someone's favourite player lol.
He also made one good point, he said United are buying potential players, he doesn't know if they will become world best because they are potential, only recently united started to buy high quality expensive signings. This is why Ole made the team better. Maguire was bought for 80M but Lindelof and Bailly were bought for 30M each but they were only potential and not proven players. Same with Fred, Greenwood, Rashford, Mctominay were from youth and if you give them game time then your result will suffer because they're not good enough at the moment. He said if you want to win titles then buy me proven players which United board rejected.

Mourinho saying Lindelof is not good in the air and 2secs later Lindelof does the same thing.

I get your point but at this point in time we have stagnated and Ole imo has taken us as far as he can. Managers like Allegri och Conte play boring football yes but they win titles and dont stay for long. Uniteds titleless streak is becoming longer and longer and bringing them in for a season or two and winning something cant be worse than the current stagnation. Hopefully by that time other managers who suit Uniteds ideology and mindset will become available.

Ole is definitely not the right manager, the good changes he has done is bring in the right players, man management is great and I applaud him for that. When it comes to tactics, planning, team selection, making the right subs, studying other team weakness, improving your own weakness. He and his coaches failed big time.

On Europa final he made big mistakes, he picked the wrong side. How is Mctominay a Defensive midfielder, he can't patrol the defence midfielder role on his own, he needs Pogba to help out, then the link up suffers, and why did he not pick VDM who is quality player, the link up he does is amazing. I was confused on why he didn't make any subs for 90mins. Ole should know that he is the player who used to come of the bench and change the game.

My team would:
DeGea
WanBassaka Tuenzebe Bailey Shaw
Matic VanDBeek, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood, Cavani

Tuenzebe is fast defender, Lindelof is absolutely useless. Matic can alone patrol the midfield and VDK would have moved forward to link with Pogba and Bruno, they definitely would have created many chances and Greenwood and Cavani would have scored.

Bring in Rashford for Greenwood or Pogba after 60 or 70mins, his energy would have made difference.

Look at Chelsea, they sacked Lampard, and bought in a qualified manager and suddenly they playing very good.
Agree. Don’t know who makes these decisions but OGS has been offered a 3 year contract this morning. World gone mad

Agree. Don’t know who makes these decisions but OGS has been offered a 3 year contract this morning. World gone mad
Wait really? I honestly have no hope for united no more, he has been in charge for almost 1100 days and hasn’t even won a trophy, LVG and mourinho were in better positions by 600 days, with trophies and they were removed, however ole despite being in a worse position is being given a new contract, we Need to draw a line between a legendary player, and being a manager, look at pirlo or lampard, despite being legends at their club they were fired because of not doing a good job.
this tweet sums it up.

Wait really? I honestly have no hope for united no more, he has been in charge for almost 1100 days and hasn’t even won a trophy, LVG and mourinho were in better positions by 600 days, with trophies and they were removed, however ole despite being in a worse position is being given a new contract, we Need to draw a line between a legendary player, and being a manager, look at pirlo or lampard, despite being legends at their club they were fired because of not doing a good job.
this tweet sums it up.
Twat has got unlimited budget - can sign whoever he wants and still not even won the fanta coca cola oldham cup (i made that up btw) and still gets praise from the Man U board. He is one of the highest paid managers in the league and his claim to fame is getting Cardiff relegated.

Solskjaer's slow subs hurt United

By the time Ole Gunnar Solskjaer finally made his first sub in this game Unai Emery had already made five. The Villarreal boss used that full allocation inside normal time, while Solskjaer didn't turn to his bench until the clock was about to tick over on to 100 minutes.

Even when that change arrived it was greeted with universal bemusement. Mason Greenwood had been one of Manchester United's best players on the night but he was the man hooked for Fred, while a clearly exhausted and underwhelming Marcus Rashford somehow stayed on.

The idea of bringing more energy into midfield made plenty of sense but the decision to take Greenwood off was the wrong one. The faith invested in Rashford was through hope more than anything else Solskjaer had seen on the night.

This was another night when Solskjaer's use of the bench only led to questions. He left it too long to bring on fresh legs as United tired and then made the wrong changes as well. The decision to take Pogba off when he has a track record of taking penalties and handling pressure was bizarre.

The focus will fall on the lack of options sitting behind the manager, but Alex Telles, Donny van de Beek, Daniel James and Amad were all signed by Solskjaer. The latter might still be a teenager but Van de Beek and James should have had something to offer as those who started the game.

Can we update this for the new season, 2021/2022?
This year the top 4 will be ....... Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd. The order is questionable but this is the top 4 teams - Arsenal and Tottenham have been left behind.

This year the top 4 will be ....... Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd. The order is questionable but this is the top 4 teams - Arsenal and Tottenham have been left behind.
Arsenal? Never considered them top 6 since wenger left, Tottenham shouldn’t even be considered a top 6 side, Leicester deserves it more, with Aston Villa and West Ham creeping in. Man United has a strong team but from the last few games, I don’t think we gonna win the league, I see Chelsea winning it, with united city and Liverpool following. I was screaming when de gea saved us last evening, all the games besides Leeds have been close, oles mcfred obsession will cost us, even ronaldo cant save united with mcfred.

Arsenal? Never considered them top 6 since wenger left, Tottenham shouldn’t even be considered a top 6 side, Leicester deserves it more, with Aston Villa and West Ham creeping in. Man United has a strong team but from the last few games, I don’t think we gonna win the league, I see Chelsea winning it, with united city and Liverpool following. I was screaming when de gea saved us last evening, all the games besides Leeds have been close, oles mcfred obsession will cost us, even ronaldo cant save united with mcfred.
I dnt get it why ole so much obsessed with fred. Atkinson biased referring also play huge role in a last match. N he will be there in next match too

Back
Top Bottom