What's new

English Premier League - Previous Seasons

So many threads on cricket, what about football? :)

Football followers report in! Specially English premier league fans. The season start is nearing and the excitement level is rising! Quite a few new procurement to keep an key on. This season promises a lot. Lets see what it delivers.

Seriously, how many of our members follow English Premier League?

EDIT:
Ok with football fans showing up here now, for the second part of this "Following 2016/2017 season" visit below thread:
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

:)

Come on you Redmen. :D

Follow the EPL closely (got fantasy leagues going at my workplace so no choice haha). Man U fan, cant wait to see Ibra in action.

35DCCE5B00000578-3671202-Zlatan_Ibrahimovic_is_now_officially_a_Manchester_United_player_-m-14_1467458303291.jpg

This is but my personal opinion and you might call me biased because I support a rival club of yours from the Merseyside ( :P ) but you better not get too excited. His goalscoring record at PSG may look impressive to you but the Ligue 1 isn't the PL and PSG is a different side from United, though he gets to reunite with Mourinho. You also have to consider that he's anything but a young player nowadays and in the PL, there are enough quality defenders younger than him who may as well make things tough for him: Kompany, Otamendi, Koscielny, Zouma, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Stones, Matip...

To be fair Mkhitaryan and Martial pose a greater attacking threat. I also expect Mourinho to use Rashford regularly, otherwise that would be a waste of talent...

This is but my personal opinion and you might call me biased because I support a rival club of yours from the Merseyside ( :P ) but you better not get too excited. His goalscoring record at PSG may look impressive to you but the Ligue 1 isn't the PL and PSG is a different side from United, though he gets to reunite with Mourinho. You also have to consider that he's anything but a young player nowadays and in the PL, there are enough quality defenders younger than him who may as well make things tough for him: Kompany, Otamendi, Koscielny, Zouma, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Stones, Matip...

To be fair Mkhitaryan and Martial pose a greater attacking threat. I also expect Mourinho to use Rashford regularly, otherwise that would be a waste of talent...
AAAhhaaa!!!!
A Koptie!!
Another one!!
OK now this is seriously getting interesting. I hope we will enjoy a good season together on the thread

AAAhhaaa!!!!
A Koptie!!
Another one!!
OK now this is seriously getting interesting. I hope we will enjoy a good season together on the thread

Same here. What do you think about Klopp's transfer dealings so far? I personally feel that we've made good business, fingers crossed that we'll sign an upgrade on Moreno, though I reckon that he should get another chance despite the costly defensive errors he made last season. Smith signed for a permanent move to Bournemouth and Flanagan will go on loan to Burnley for a season which means that we've made progress of signing a new LB although I haven't heard of reports about that yet. I hope it's Hector, Rodriguez or any other young, talented and proven player. :)

Btw, I personally don't rate Mourinho as a manager and I doubt it's a coincidence that he was unable to stay at a club for more than 3 years. Granted, his spells at Inter Milan and Real Madrid weren't too bad but look at Chelsea last season - they were in tatters.

That said, have a fun bus ride with him, you Mancs. :enjoy:

Last edited:
Prediction : Man City is taking the title again and BTW .. it is not a Leicester's cup this year at all... Man U continue playing Europa Cup and Chelsea, along with Spurs moving to Champions league.

Wenger's policy had made this mess for Arsenal, He is hesitant to bring in new talent even though he knows the shortage.

Also a guy like Ozil at number 10 and there is no world class striker, only wenger can think of these kind of strategies.

Arsenal look clues less when they are under pressure, lack of leadership and experience is the main problem.

Youth policy, then selling them when they are performing took the toll on the club performance.

Basically wenger views Arsenal as a money generating organization with some entertaining football !

Last edited:
Arrogant :P
I hope EPL will show him his actual worth :)

He is arrogant as a professional no doubt but one could argue he had to given his background. He grew up in Rosengård (one of the toughest neighbourhoods in Sweden, the links in google news should explain what kind of an area it is, police, gunshots etc
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rosengård&tbm=nws
) and had to pass the immigrant barrier in order to break into the national team. A nice guy can easily be pushed around in such circumstances.

However off field everyone that I know who has met him has always said he is very humble in real life, and lets give the guy a slack, he donates so much to charity (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...m-to-brazil-for-inas-world-cup-213308379.html and never forgets where is from (http://creativity-online.com/work/volvo-epilogue/47951).

My favourite player..met him once in Stureplan...when my friend pointed out it was the great player.

Have you lived in Sweden bro?

He is arrogant as a professional no doubt but one could argue he had to given his background. He grew up in Rosengård (one of the toughest neighbourhoods in Sweden, the links in google news should explain what kind of an area it is, police, gunshots etc
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rosengård&tbm=nws
) and had to pass the immigrant barrier in order to break into the national team. A nice guy can easily be pushed around in such circumstances.

However off field everyone that I know who has met him has always said he is very humble in real life, and lets give the guy a slack, he donates so much to charity (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...m-to-brazil-for-inas-world-cup-213308379.html and never forgets where is from (http://creativity-online.com/work/volvo-epilogue/47951).

Have you lived in Sweden bro?
I visit Sweden a lot. :) I was taken by my colleague to Stureplan, Stockholm and then he came there and he is really popular...according to her more than the king :)

@Arsalan @Armstrong I hope you two don't hate Jordan Henderson, he's getting an excessive and irrational amount of flak lately. Our fans were over the moon when he was promoted to vice-captain two years ago and later to Stevie G's successor but since he was struggling with injuries our supporters' comments ranged from 'He's bang average' to 'He must be sold'. Heck, in the England v Slovakia game in the Euros, Gary Lineker and Jamie Carragher praised his performance and rightly so because his link-up with Clyne and the role he played in creating chances for England were impressive but, Liverpool and England fans alike unjustly slate him. This reveals the ugly side of our fanbase. :/

Hope he'll fully recover from his injuries and repeat his stellar form from 13-14 and 14-15, especially since our new midfield signings - Grujic and Wijnaldum - aren't going to rot on the bench.

You might be right, the reason behind my words however is more because like every other football fan in Sweden, being a fan of Zlatan is a must, and we cant wait to see him playing for United :D

You might be right, the reason behind my words however is more because like every other football fan in Sweden, being a fan of Zlatan is a must, and we cant wait to see him playing for United :D

I see you point, Ibra is a huge name in world football. But he hasn't really impressed in the Euros, has he?

Arsenal need a world class striker !

They sure do but they're running out on options. Higuain has signed for Juventus recently and Lacazette isn't likely imho because his contract is running until 2019 and Lyon have denied that bids were made for him.

I see you point, Ibra is a huge name in world football. But he hasn't really impressed in the Euros, has he?

They sure do but they're running out on options. Higuain has signed for Juventus recently and Lacazette isn't likely imho because his contract is running until 2019 and Lyon have denied that bids were made for him.

Shared fourth highest scorer in Euro history (http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/em/tore/1/). Had he played in a better team and got more support he would undoubtedly have more goals to his name.

Back
Top Bottom