What's new

Erdoğan not happy with India-Middle East-Europe Corridor

YES , S.Arabia can export donkey,etc

Turkiye export Motor Vehicles and Automotive , Consumer electronics and home appliances , Machinery , Defense Industry , etc

-- Turkish automotive companies like TEMSA, OTOKAR and BMC are among one of the world's largest van, bus and truck manufacturers

-- Turkish brands like BEKO , ARCELIK and VESTEL are among the largest producers of consumer electronics and home appliances in Europe

The EU's imports from Turkiye totaled $103 billion in 2022
The EU's imports from India totaled $70 billion in 2022

These are all even exports by India... what's special?

India’s top 10 exports at a glance

1. Engineering goods: These include industrial machinery and equipment, automobiles and their parts, and products made from iron, steel, and other metals. India’s engineering goods exports crossed the $9-billion mark for a single month for the first time in July 2021 and repeated the feat in the following two months. Demand from traditional markets such as the US, UAE, and China drove the surge. Earnings in April-September 2021 stood at $52.3 billion. Engineering goods were India’s top export in 2020-21 too, earning the country $75.97 billion, a slight dip from $81.02 billion in 2019-20.
  1. Petroleum products: These include petrol, diesel, gasoline, naphtha, jet fuel, liquified petroleum gas (LPG), and lubricants. India ranks among the top five exporters of refined petroleum, catering largely to markets like the US, UAE, China, Singapore, and the Netherlands. India is also the second largest refiner in Asia after China. Petroleum products exports were severely impacted by Covid-19 in 2020-21 due to the imposition of lockdowns and mobility restrictions and declined 37.3 percent year-on-year. However, they have made an impressive rebound this year.
  1. Gems and jewellery: These include diamonds (rough as well as cut and polished), gold jewellery, coloured gemstones, pearls, non-gold jewellery, and synthetic stones. India is the fifth largest exporter of gems and jewellery with a 5.8 percent share in global exports. Exports of cut and polished diamonds lead this segment, followed by gold jewellery. The US, Hong Kong, UAE, Belgium, and Israel are the top importers. Gems and jewellery make up 14 percent of India’s total merchandise exports. After a disappointing 2020-21, when exports fell 27.5 percent year-on-year, this commodity segment has seen a healthy revival in 2021-22. India exported gems and jewellery worth $18.98 billion in April-September 2021, 136.95 percent up from $8.01 billion in the corresponding period last year and an impressive 5.13 percent growth from the same period in pre-pandemic 2019. Exports of cut and polished diamonds are up 125 percent this year.
  1. Organic and inorganic chemicals: Chemicals containing carbon in their molecular structure are called organic chemicals. They have numerous uses. Some have pharmaceutical and medical applications while others are used in plastic production. Examples of organic chemicals exported by India include acetic acid, acetone, phenol, formaldehyde, and citric acid. Inorganic chemicals are those that don’t contain carbon or its derivatives as principal elements. They are used in the paint, automotive, and paper industries as well as an ingredient in cleaning solutions. Soda ash, liquid chlorine, caustic soda, red phosphorus, and calcium carbide are some of the inorganic chemicals exported by India. The US, China, Brazil, Germany, and UAE are key customers for Indian chemicals.
  1. Drugs and pharmaceuticals: With its large raw material base and skilled workforce, India is the third largest pharmaceutical market by volume. It accounts for 20% of global generic drugs exports, reportedly supplying 40 percent of the generic formulations used in the US. It is also the country with the largest vaccine production capacity. India’s pharma exports – which account for 8 percent of its total merchandise exports – have shown great resilience in the face of economic turmoil, including Covid-19. They registered a growth of 18 percent in 2020-21 and continue to stay strong this year.
  1. Electronic goods: These include mobile phones, accessories and components, laptops and computers, among others. India’s electronic goods exports fetched $11.11 billion in 2020-21, almost the same as the $11.7 billion earned in 2019-20. With global demand rallying this year, exporters are hoping for an even better performance in 2021-22. In fact, the Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council says India has the potential to hit $180 billion in electronic goods exports by 2025 provided it receives long-term policy support from the government.
  1. Cotton yarn/fabrics/made-ups, handloom products, etc: India is the second largest cotton-producing country (China ranks first), growing 23 percent of the world’s cotton. It also has the largest area under cotton cultivation. As such, India’s textile industry is largely cotton-based. Cotton yarn/fabrics/made-ups and handloom products account for 40 percent of India’s total textiles export as of June 2021. Towels, bedsheets and other home linen are some of the most exported Indian cotton made-ups. China, Bangladesh, and Vietnam are the top three importers of Indian cotton. Despite the difficulties posed by the pandemic, India’s cotton exports rose in volume by 127 percent and in value by 106 percent in April-December 2020 compared to the same period in 2019. Indian cotton and cotton products have a price advantage over those produced in the US, Brazil, and Australia, which increases their export potential.
  1. Ready-made garments (RMG) of all textiles: India’s RMG industry comprises garments made from natural fibres such as cotton, wool, and silk as well as man-made and synthetic fibres. However, cotton is the predominant raw material used in Indian ready-made apparel. The RMG sector makes up 50 percent of India’s textiles and apparel industry. India is also the fifth largest exporter of RMG in the world (it used to be second till a decade ago). The US, UAE, UK, Germany, and France are the largest importers of Indian RMG by value. Despite being one of India’s top exports and one of its largest job creators, RMG exports have been falling in recent years, primarily due to stiff competition from Bangladesh and Vietnam, which enjoy preferential tariffs in the global market and have lower production costs.
  1. Marine products: India’s main seafood exports are frozen shrimp and frozen fish. The US is the largest importer of Indian marine products, followed by China, the European Union, and Japan. In the past two years, the pandemic has severely tested Indian exporters of marine products. Exports fell 10.88 percent in 2020-21 from the previous financial year as demand went flat. This year too, exports suffered as China suspended seafood imports from India, citing the presence of coronavirus traces in packaging. It also blacklisted six Indian seafood exporters. In September 2021, China started online inspections of marine products at multiple processing-cum-export units in several Indian states. This, coupled with a resurgence in demand in the US and a good shrimp harvest, has given hope to exporters that they will be able to meet the government’s target of $7.8 billion in seafood exports for this financial year.
  1. Plastic and linoleum: Thanks to a large raw material base, India produces and exports a wide range of plastic products such as packaging, sanitary fittings, electrical accessories, sacks/bags, tarpaulins, laminates, and medical equipment. However, India accounts for a mere 1 percent of the global plastics market, which is dominated by China (10 percent). The US and China are the top importers of Indian plastics. India’s plastic and linoleum exports totalled $7.45 billion in 2020-21. They have shown a stronger performance this year, growing by 55 percent in the April-June 2021 period compared to the same period in 2020. The revival is due to initiatives by the Plastics Export Promotion Council to boost exports to Europe, especially France.

Last edited:
That doesnt change the reality

REAL TRADE CORRIDOR

China is economic super power with export rate of $3,7 trillion to compare with India ( only $767 billion )

and Turkiye is at a key position in the Belt and Road initiative project of China

keep dreaming with useless Indian route
India is poor backward country with 1 billion poor people
How much does Turkey export to Europe? About $109 billion and India does about $88 billion. With this corridor India will be able to expand its trade.

I have found an actual feasibility study for the Red-Med project which goes from the Mediteranean by rail to Eilat.

It shows a ~300% increase in cost over the cost of simply using the Suez Canal.

The much longer route for IMEC would most likely take much longer as well as sport a cost that is more than 300% compared to simply using the Suez canal.

It's pretty clear that this entire dog and pony show is simply the requirement to get the Saudi rail system connected to the Israeli rail system.

The transshipment fantasy is to provide cover to U.S. crazies that would want to block it if it had the word "China" mentioned anywhere.

The source uses an unrealistic time of 24 hours for unloading from ship to rail, transit time, and loading from rail to ship.

In reality, it takes 1-3 days to unload a container ship.

This means 2-6 days will be taken simply from the 2 extra transshipment instances counting only the ship side.

Add to that the time taken to do drayage from ship to rail and rail to ship.

Add to that the travel time.

The source claims ~17.2 days from Mumbai to Piraeus by sea at 10 knots.

If we do 14 knots, it would go to ~12.29 days.

The source claims 10 days from Mumbai to Piraeus by IMEC.

~5.6 days from Mumbai to UAE, ~3.4 days from Haifa to Piraeus.

If we do 14 knots, it would go from 9 days for the sea portion to ~6.43 days for the sea portion.

Their wildly unrealistic figure of 24 hours for unloading from ship to rail, transit time, and loading from rail to ship is truly laughable.

I'd say at 14 knots it should be about equal, and at 16 knots it will be decidedly faster by sea.

If one adds delays, something like IMEC is far more likely to have delays than the Suez Canal.

There are simply far more steps that can go wrong.
According to your own data and changing the original assumptions only for speed, it would take 12.29 days for the Suez route and 7.43 days for IMEC. This is still 39.5% faster for the IMEC route. Of course, you cannot travel at 14 knots through the Suez canal, so the actual difference would still be over 40% faster for the IMEC route.

How much does Turkey export to Europe? About $109 billion and India does about $88 billion. With this corridor India will be able to expand its trade.

USA use India and S.Arabia to counter China's BRI trade project

and China exports to Europe $672 billion

China-Turkiye-Azerbaijan-Kazakhstan export to Europe $837 billion

India , S.Arabia , The UAE , Israel export to Europe $ 184 billion

I have found an actual feasibility study for the Red-Med project which goes from the Mediteranean by rail to Eilat.

It shows a ~300% increase in cost over the cost of simply using the Suez Canal.

The much longer route for IMEC would most likely take much longer as well as sport a cost that is more than 300% compared to simply using the Suez canal.

It's pretty clear that this entire dog and pony show is simply the requirement to get the Saudi rail system connected to the Israeli rail system.

The transshipment fantasy is to provide cover to U.S. crazies that would want to block it if it had the word "China" mentioned anywhere.
According to the paper you posted, it takes 3 hours to load a train with the ship's cargo. I hope you read it before claiming it can take up to 3 days.

According to the paper you posted, it takes 3 hours to load a train with the ship's cargo. I hope you read it before claiming it can take up to 3 days.
I'm simply using it for a vague idea about cost.

Time estimates for transshipment in these papers people like to cite is always totally wrong and should be entirely ignored.

I'm simply using it for a vague idea about cost.

Time estimates for transshipment in these papers people like to cite is always totally wrong and should be entirely ignored.
Lol. Seriously. You are quoting results from a paper you yourself posted as authoratative and conveniently claiming the parts that don't fit your narrative are completely wrong.

Frankly, I think you are full of BS and have no idea what you are talking about.

Lol. Seriously. You are quoting results from a paper you yourself posted as authoratative and conveniently claiming the parts that don't fit your narrative are completely wrong.

Frankly, I think you are full of BS and have no idea what you are talking about.
Academic papers always underestimate the problems with Transshipment.

If any of them were right in their optimistic treatment of Transshipment, then there would be absolutely no reason for there to be Chinese goods being shipped to the U.S. being offloaded at East Coast ports.

It costs roughly twice as much to ship something from China to an East Coast Port compared to shipping something to a West Coast Port.

If the Academic papers with their ridiculous assumptions about transshipment costs were correct, then no freight from China should ever go to an East Coast Port by boat.

It's fine for people like you to have no idea how this works, but apparently me explaining it to you for this entire thread will not be able to make you understand how this really works.

Academic papers always underestimate the problems with Transshipment.

If any of them were right in their optimistic treatment of Transshipment, then there would be absolutely no reason for there to be Chinese goods being shipped to the U.S. being offloaded at East Coast ports.

It costs roughly twice as much to ship something from China to an East Coast Port compared to shipping something to a West Coast Port.

If the Academic papers with their ridiculous assumptions about transshipment costs were correct, then no freight from China should ever go to an East Coast Port by boat.

It's fine for people like you to have no idea how this works, but apparently me explaining it to you for this entire thread will not be able to make you understand how this really works.
I took your initial posts seriously because I thought you might have some insight, but your own data has disproved assertions and claims you have made multiple times. It is difficult to take you seriously after that.

I took your initial posts seriously because I thought you might have some insight, but your own data has disproved assertions and claims you have made multiple times. It is difficult to take you seriously after that.
You simply pretended to not understand my arguments while presenting straw man arguments to replace them with.

It's fine that you are a paid troll but try to make it less obvious when conversing with me.

You simply pretended to not understand my arguments while presenting straw man arguments to replace them with.

It's fine that you are a paid troll but try to make it less obvious when conversing with me.
aww. you are such a sore loser, it is almost cute. Unfortunately, you are not very bright at all. lol.

aww. you are such a sore loser, it is almost cute. Unfortunately, you are not very bright at all. lol.
Every single one of you posts in response to me so far are composed of the following template.

1: Pretending to not understand my argument.

2: Presenting a straw man argument and pretending that that straw man argument is my argument.

3: Ad Hominem attack

Try to change it up to make it less obvious.

Perhaps I am wrong about you being a paid troll, and Indians are simply genetically incapable of having a truthful discussion.

If that is the case, I apologize for my ableist assumptions.

Every single one of you posts in response to me so far are composed of the folowing template.

1: Pretending to not understand my argument.

2: Presenting a straw man argument and pretending that that straw man argument is my argument.

3: Ad Hominem attack

Try to change it up to make it less obvious.
lol. You can try to hide behind words that mean nothing. Fortunately, numbers are cold and stark and one cannot hide behind them and the harsh truth is that whatever set of numbers you have provided don't add up at all.

I am done wasting time on you. I am sure anyone with some analytical ability can do the maths themselves.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom