What's new

European union Parliament slams Pakistan over Mumbai terror attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaheerkhan

Reaction score
In a stinging indictment of Pakistan, European Parliament has said there is 'confirmed evidence' about the country hosting several terrorist groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba and criminal mastermind Dawood Ibrahim [Images] and using them as an instrument of terrorism against India.

Against the backdrop of the Mumbai attacks, the Parliament of the 27-nation grouping asked Pakistan to take urgent action to 'transform its polity to prevent the continuing calls for violent jihad against its neighbours and its partners'.

The Parliament, in a declaration adopted in Brussels on Friday, said, "Despite a democratic government in Pakistan, there is confirmed evidence of Pakistan hosting several terrorist groups and using them as an instrument of terrorism, particularly against India."

It further said, "Despite Pakistan's claim of participating in the war against terror, it continues to host terrorist leaders of the Khalistani Movement, Hizb-uld Mujahideen [Images], Lashkar-e-Taiba and criminal masterminds like Dawood Ibrahim, who live and operate freely."

The declaration -- 'Terrorists operating from the soil of Pakistan' -- reflects the recognition in the world that Pakistan continues to sponsor terrorism directed against India despite Islamabad's [Images] continuous denials.

It also nails Pakistan's lies that Dawood Ibrahim, whom the US has declared as 'international terrorist', is not in Pakistan.

The European Parliament has asked Pakistan to stop all cross-border infiltration and take immediate action to extradite to India "leaders of Khalistan (groups) and other terrorist groups who acknowledge their role in terrorist activities in India".

These observations come as a shot in the arm for India which has been asking Pakistan to hand over the chiefs of LeT, Hizb-ul Mujahideen and other terrorist groups besides Dawood, but without any success.

Even after the Mumbai attacks, India has demanded that LeT chief Hafiz Mohd Saeed, Dawood and other 18 most wanted faces of terror be handed over to this country for their error activities.

Pakistan, however, insists that there is no evidence about their involvement in any crimes in India.

The European Parliament said the madrassas in Pakistan 'continue to provide cadres for terrorist groups, including Al Qaida', and asked the government of the country to take immediate measures to reform the teaching imparted in such educational institutes.

The Declaration said Pakistan's secret service ISI is 'closely aligned to Taliban [Images] and Al-Qaida and is protecting them from international peace forces'

The Parliament asked Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari [Images] to monitor these matters personally.

Link:European Parliament slams Pakistan

Guys kindly request you to support US and EU news with neutral links, we all know how reliable Indian media is.

Thanks!
Neo

Even if it's true, and it probably isn't, the title isn't accurate. That bit of text doesn't say anything about Mumbai, just "against the backdrop of Mumbai". It just says to extradite the leaders of the Khalistan movement. I've not heard of them before.

dear neo
i understand why u feel Indian Media is not reliable
But let me tell u the fact "No media in the World can cook the news by itself but can add spices to it undoubtedly."

Apart from this i read many threds on this forum--i found most of Pak guys are not convinced with dawood & L e t are anti social animals..trust my friend how much milk u want to feed a snake is your choice but at the end you will just get a poison bite.

And one more thing Media cant be so unrealistic specially in a Nation of Democracy where everything is not controlled by few agencies.

please stop posting bullshit from timesofindia

cPanel.rediff.com/news/2008/dec/06mumterror-european-parliament-slams-pakistan.htm

HA ha ha ha look at the source biggest hindu terrorist run website there is absolutly no truth to it.zaheer khan get your head out of your *** and stop posting bull crap.
HE CONVENIENTLY POSTED THE ADDY THIS WAY SO HE CAN HIDE HIS HINDU TERRORIST WEBSITE.:crazy:

dear neo
i understand why u feel Indian Media is not reliable
But let me tell u the fact "No media in the World can cook the news by itself but can add spices to it undoubtedly."

Apart from this i read many threds on this forum--i found most of Pak guys are not convinced with dawood & L e t are anti social animals..trust my friend how much milk u want to feed a snake is your choice but at the end you will just get a poison bite.

And one more thing Media cant be so unrealistic specially in a Nation of Democracy where everything is not controlled by few agencies.

Feeding a snake now thats funny comming from indian while this is practiced in india and india alone i can post pics if ya like.

Laughing about 200 people being killed? Somehow it is hard to blieve that those victims are respected in any way. Shame.

Is there any direct link to the EU resolution?

I have tried looking, but can't find anything.

The only sites this shows up on are Indian ones.

In fact, the news related to the EU and Pakistan from non-Indian sources is this:

EU to push for closer ties with Pakistan
South Asia News

Dec 5, 2008, 11:01 GMT

Brussels - European Union foreign ministers are set to push for closer ties with Pakistan when they meet in Brussels on Monday, EU diplomats said.

The regular monthly meeting of the bloc's 27 foreign ministers is set to call for a 'reinforced relationship' with Pakistan following the end of emergency rule by ex-president Pervez Musharraf and a return to full democracy, officials in Brussels said.

In particular, the ministers are likely to call for closer cooperation in the fight against terrorism, both within Pakistan and over its borders in Afghanistan and India.

They are also set to offer the Islamabad government further aid to boost democratic reforms in the country.

The EU is set to send a ministerial-level group of diplomats to Islamabad 'in the coming days' with the aim of boosting political dialogue, officials said.

However, the ministers are not expected to intervene in the ongoing dispute between Pakistan and India over the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai, other than to call for better relations between the two neighbours, diplomats said.
EU to push for closer ties with Pakistan

If neutral links are not offered, I am deleting thread.

Thread closed.

No neutral source provided for validation.

PM me if info becomes available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom