What's new

Exercise Yudh Abhyas: US tanks to roll on Indian soil

May be some sub-systems like fire control computer, thermal imagers, tank rounds etc.

Unlikely, all these techs have been sourced/developed for current and future Tanks in IA. AFAIK IA is not on the look out for any tank related kit as it already has/in the process of getting it.

welcome to india...

images

I think this is the first time a friendly nation bringing its MBT for an exercise also first non-Russian and British tank in India???

killswitch, hey mate, is that a MARCOS in ur avatar? can you pls share the pic's link with me and other related images? thanks in adv.

New Delhi: For the first time, American tanks will roll on Indian soil in war games codenamed 'Exercise Yudh Abhyas', which will mark the beginning of the series of military engagements scheduled between the two countries for this year.

For the first time in Indo-US war games, Americans will deploy their tanks in the company-level Exercise Yudh Abhyas scheduled to be held in the Mahajan field firing ranges in Rajasthan desert in March, Army sources said here.

Apart from fielding three tanks, the US will also deploy around 200 men accompanied by armoured personnel carriers for the war games, they said.

In the last edition of the exercise, the American Army had brought its Stryker infantry combat vehicles which were being inducted into war operations in Afghanistan.

However, it is not yet clear which tanks would be deployed by the American side for the exercise.

India will field its Russian-origin BMPs along with tanks for the war game.

After the 'Yudh Abhyas in March', Indian Infantry troops from the Jammu and Kashmir Rifles regiment will fly to California to engage their American counterparts in the Exercise Shatrujeet.

130 troops from the 19 Jammu and Kashmir Rifles battalion will fly to California in April and engage in counter insurgency and counter-terrorism drills there for the Exercise Shatrujeet, sources said.

The Special Forces of the two countries will also test their skills in a mountain exercise codenamed 'Vajra Prahar'.

60 troops from American Special Forces and an equal number of them from the Indian Army's 3 Para (Special Forces) will take part in a war game in Chaubatia in Uttarakhand in August this year in mountain terrain.

Indian troops from 1 Para (SF) had visited Seattle last year for the Vajra Prahar exercise last year.

The Navies of the two countries are also scheduled to exercise with each other in 2012.

PTI

Its time to kick some ABRAMs Butt, I would like to see Arjuna outperforming them... DRDO, buckle up, put some cutting edge technology in Arjuna..

We need something to boast ourself.. :)

Its time to kick some ABRAMs Butt, I would like to see Arjuna outperforming them... DRDO, buckle up, put some cutting edge technology in Arjuna..

We need something to boast ourself.. :)

Well,if they bring their latest M1A2SEP then we can forget about kicking their butt.Untill and unless Arjun MkII comes IA won't have anything to even match those Abrams....................................

Well,if they bring their latest M1A2SEP then we can forget about kicking their butt.Untill and unless Arjun MkII comes IA won't have anything to even match those Abrams....................................

That's what I am saying, quitely integrate Arjuna MKII components in MKI and see the Magic.. :D

That's what I am saying, quitely integrate Arjuna MKII components in MKI and see the Magic.. :D

Would have been a Good move but the Arjun MkII is not completely ready.It will take atleast one more year.Actually,Arjun MkI can hold its own IF(a big IF) ARDE can quickly develop a modern FSAPDS round like the DM 63 or the M 829A3.The current ARDE MkI rounds are good but it's a bit older and not in the same league with the latest US or German rounds.

This is exactly what I said in what was post 2 of this thread.Now what do you have to say about this Santro.
Independence does not mean isolation. As long as we do similar exercise with other friendly countries, it should not matter.
Our foreign policy decisions should be taken. taking our interest not others.

Not even US or russia is independent, they are open to pressure from all countries.

Ok.
I was not clear Before.
I never said that exercising with the U.S anyway compromises our nat'l integrity.
I just tried to state what I believed would be the usual reaction of some chineese trolls here when they see this thread.
Proof- Sinochallengers post.
Wrong! I was responding to both the OP and tvsram1992's post.

Maybe allowing US tanks on your soil is not enough to compromise your national integrity. But if you do that while knowing USA is planning an attack on Pakistan, and wants to use your soil, then you are compromising your national integrity for another country's strategy agenda.

Maybe allowing US tanks on your soil is not enough to compromise your national integrity. But if you do that while knowing USA is planning an attack on Pakistan, and wants to use your soil, then you are compromising your national integrity for another country's strategy agenda.

Amazing !

How does US tanks traversing Indian soil on traing with Indian troops amount to compormise of national integrity ?

Utter nonsense. Do you understand English? This is a JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE. NOTHING more.

now who told India will allow US on its assets when it is in War?

Back
Top Bottom