What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Are you talking about making fuselages and wings???

No actual global supply chain.

You don't develop all things, you divide the work share. Take the case of KFX.

Why it is reality , and why TFX is hunky dory.

Stop hijacking the thread with LCA BS.

Create a separate thread for LCA export fantasies and how it can shoot down 80 F-22 at once.

Enough
—————————————-
I am hijacking? Lmao.

You asked me.

243 posts and you are OK to ridicule senior posters!. You need to temper your tongue. Respect your seniors and contribute your pointor view with respect to all members.
Look at the bold parts. Herein lies the problem Araz. The issue is not with the content of my posts as they were absolutely accurate and on the mark. The issue is with my post count!! The issue is this tendency to judge seniority based on post count or join date etc. etc. That is the real problem, this "seniority complex". Please read my previous post again, you guys are not expecting respect, you are expecting deference. The two are completely different things. Well, for someone like me who's been around defence forums for 20+ years the latter requires a somewhat different criteria then "join dates" or "post counts". And lastly the third bold part, how exactly do you know who is "my senior" or not?
Rudeness will not be tolerated.
Oh yes it will. Only issue is "who from" and "who to" and even who "defines" rudeness. There are many examples of that spread around these forums and I am sure you know it aswell.

Talk to common malaysian or indonesian they are afraid of chinese influence ...china malaysia are in official dispute with china ..so although sale could happen there are some bottle necks..
We saw how srilankan deal turned out

Yet 100 plus jf17 flying daily is wrong and the fat man is right
You didnt factor in experience and setup PAF has for rd93

If you want to get 12-20 aircraft you dont build such a large setup and would prefer fighters with lower engine overhaul times

Look at the bold parts. Herein lies the problem Araz. The issue is not with the content of my posts as they were absolutely accurate and on the mark. The issue is with my post count!! The issue is this tendency to judge seniority based on post count or join date etc. etc. That is the real problem, this "seniority complex". Please read my previous post again, you guys are not expecting respect, you are expecting deference. The two are completely different things. Well, for someone like me who's been around defence forums for 20+ years the latter requires a somewhat different criteria then "join dates" or "post counts". And lastly the third bold part, how exactly do you know who is "my senior" or not?

Oh yes it will. Only issue is "who from" and "who to" and even who "defines" rudeness. There are many examples of that spread around these forums and I am sure you know it aswell.
You need to refer to forum rules. We have all been around defence fora for years. The point I made is in accordance with rules of the forum. So abide by them or return back to whereever you choose. Sir Fatman 17 is indeed a senior and someone who is worthy of respect as I know him personally. You could have made your points and produced positive and appreciated contributions without resorting to the language that you did. So respect others and you in turn will be respected. Choose to ignore the rules and you will be treated accordingly. Your choice.
A

I could reply to your points easily but then that would be kind of going Off Topic as this thread is about JF-17 and I'd rather keep tejas out of this thread. So let's move on.

My friend, in my view all members are respected not only 'seniors'. However, what you are asking for is not respect but deference. You need to understand the difference between the two. I am always respectful and civil in my exchanges and the stuff you pointed out does not fall outside that if you look at it in context. I could explain how further but maybe not required and also unnecessarily far from topic.

Pakistan should do whatever it can to sweeten the deal and will probably have to go further than this if we are to win this deal. But as I said earlier in the thread, prospects for JF-17 are not high in this deal and not because of the plane itself. Malaysia will probably choose a more established supplier than PAC/Pakistan.

Hi,

The issue along with you being a new member---a low post count is a lack of introduction of your profession---how old you are---what your background is and why are you saying what you are saying---.

There has to be a reason behind your post---.

This used to be a great forum---many an excellent foreign professional posters over here---but then the likes of you got on their case and they have all left this forum---.

Even though the @WebMaster does not give a sh-it about it---why would he---he does not post here---but some of us who do would like to see a little more professionalism---.

A little more professionalism expected from pakistanis is next to impossible---because a people who do not close a door behind them when they enter a room or leave a room---it is very difficult for them to understand---.

You need to refer to forum rules. We have all been around defence fora for years. The point I made is in accordance with rules of the forum. So abide by them or return back to whereever you choose. Sir Fatman 17 is indeed a senior and someone who is worthy of respect as I know him personally. You could have made your points and produced positive and appreciated contributions without resorting to the language that you did. So respect others and you in turn will be respected. Choose to ignore the rules and you will be treated accordingly. Your choice.
A
SO knowing you personally makes one worthy of respect? In that case I have no objection to meeting you personally, however what about the poor souls in this world who have never met you?

I have seen the rules and failed to find anything about "seniors" there. As for 'respect' refer to my post #2375, what I said about it there regarding who should be respected.

I also think that there is problem with your comprehension of what I am saying (and maybe mine with what you are saying). At first I thought that it is the use of the word 'non-sense' that offended you. But then I saw the post that you quoted (my reply to zia) and I couldn't find that word or anything else even remotely disrespectful there. What in the world was the objection to that?? Maybe the aid of a dictionary is needed here....

I have no problem in following the rules and respect is something I consider obligatory on myself regardless of rules. HOWEVER, it's possible your definition of respect may differ from mine. Who gets to define that? I have every respect for fatman17 and no wish to cause him any offence. He made a statement/remark that I regarded as "non-sense" and I used that word to refer to that particular statement/remark only. I did not say anything about him or attack or insult him in anyway. Merely that one statement of his was wrong. So please help me to understand here, is it the use of that particular word disrespectful and its use is not allowed on this forum at all? Or is it disrespectful from a kid to his dad (junior to sebior) and hence not allowed? Is it disrespectful from a dad to his kid (senior to junior)and hence not allowed?

P.S. first two lines of this post are meant as humour, in case you didn't realize.

Last edited:
Based on recent tv program and amf chief about jf looks like now pac is more focused on foreign orders as pac has provided basis to paf with 6 plus sqn and two customers let’s see what comes out of Egypt via cataic Abd Azeri and Malaysian orders via pac in next few years

NIGERIA WILL TAKE DELIVERY OF JF-17 FIGHTERS IN NOVEMBER 2020
ShareTweet

The Nigerian Air Force’s (NAF) Chief of Air Staff (CAS) Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar announced that the NAF will receive its three JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighters in November 2020.

The CAS made the announcement to 2,079 new recruits of the NAF during a passing out parade in Kaduna.

Nigeria started budgeting funds for its JF-17 order in 2016 with an initial tranche of $15.88 million US. In 2017, it allocated another $68.76 million US for “platform acquisitions … for counter air, counter surface, air ops for strategic effect and air support operations.” In 2018, Nigeria set aside another $47 million US.

In March 2019, Pakistan’s Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) announced that it approved the sale of three JF-17s to Nigeria under a $184 million US contract.

The three-year gap between the time Nigeria started budgeting funds and the ECC’s approval suggests that Pakistan was waiting for payments before starting the production of the fighters.

It is likely that the NAF will follow-up this contract with a follow-on order to fully replace its legacy F-7Ni and FT-7Ni fighters. Nigeria seems to be ordering aircraft once it has sufficient cash funds for an order on-hand (i.e., not through a line of credit or loan).

However, these three initial JF-17s are from the tail-end of the Block-II’s production run. By 2021, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) will be rolling-out JF-17Bs and JF-17 Block-IIIs. Thus, any follow-on purchase by the NAF would likely involve one of the newer JF-17 variants.

That said, the JF-17 Block-II represents a major capability jump for the NAF. In addition to beyond-visual-range air-to-air missiles (BVRAAM), the Block-II is configured for precision-strike through satellite-guided and laser-guided bombs, the C-802 anti-ship missile, and the stand-off range Range Extension Kit (REK).

Through the JF-17, Nigeria possesses one of Sub-Sahara Africa’s most well-equipped fighters (second only to, arguably, the South African Air Force’s JAS-39C/D Gripen). Even a full squadron of 16-18 aircraft would amount to a significant force capability in the region, especially if it includes the Block-III.

Air Marshal Abubakar also highlighted the NAF’s success in increasing the serviceability rates of its aircraft from 35% in 2015 to 82% today. The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had contributed to the goal by assisting the NAF in maintaining its fleet of C-130 Hercules transport aircraft
@StormBreaker @aliyusuf @Path-Finder

NIGERIA WILL TAKE DELIVERY OF JF-17 FIGHTERS IN NOVEMBER 2020
ShareTweet

The Nigerian Air Force’s (NAF) Chief of Air Staff (CAS) Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar announced that the NAF will receive its three JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighters in November 2020.

The CAS made the announcement to 2,079 new recruits of the NAF during a passing out parade in Kaduna.

Nigeria started budgeting funds for its JF-17 order in 2016 with an initial tranche of $15.88 million US. In 2017, it allocated another $68.76 million US for “platform acquisitions … for counter air, counter surface, air ops for strategic effect and air support operations.” In 2018, Nigeria set aside another $47 million US.

In March 2019, Pakistan’s Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) announced that it approved the sale of three JF-17s to Nigeria under a $184 million US contract.

The three-year gap between the time Nigeria started budgeting funds and the ECC’s approval suggests that Pakistan was waiting for payments before starting the production of the fighters.

It is likely that the NAF will follow-up this contract with a follow-on order to fully replace its legacy F-7Ni and FT-7Ni fighters. Nigeria seems to be ordering aircraft once it has sufficient cash funds for an order on-hand (i.e., not through a line of credit or loan).

However, these three initial JF-17s are from the tail-end of the Block-II’s production run. By 2021, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) will be rolling-out JF-17Bs and JF-17 Block-IIIs. Thus, any follow-on purchase by the NAF would likely involve one of the newer JF-17 variants.

That said, the JF-17 Block-II represents a major capability jump for the NAF. In addition to beyond-visual-range air-to-air missiles (BVRAAM), the Block-II is configured for precision-strike through satellite-guided and laser-guided bombs, the C-802 anti-ship missile, and the stand-off range Range Extension Kit (REK).

Through the JF-17, Nigeria possesses one of Sub-Sahara Africa’s most well-equipped fighters (second only to, arguably, the South African Air Force’s JAS-39C/D Gripen). Even a full squadron of 16-18 aircraft would amount to a significant force capability in the region, especially if it includes the Block-III.

Air Marshal Abubakar also highlighted the NAF’s success in increasing the serviceability rates of its aircraft from 35% in 2015 to 82% today. The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had contributed to the goal by assisting the NAF in maintaining its fleet of C-130 Hercules transport aircraft
@StormBreaker @aliyusuf @Path-Finder
Looking forward to a new paint scheme on Thunders. Possibly, 2 single and 1 dual-seat version

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom